Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
NICE!!!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #16

Looks Great WW!!

C O N G R A T S !!

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Crime Pays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #17

Hey thanks everyone!

Can hardly wait to get it out on the beaten path...maybe tomorrow we'll just do that! Of course, there's always the Rowdy trip- we'll see ya there!!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, now you have to install those 5k tiedowns, thats the next project. Remember, they have to be tied to the frame. Actually, you should have done that when it was in for service since you have to add boxes under the frame to handle that. Time for another visit!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #19

That's a sweet setup.

WW should take note, they wouldn't do 16"s on mine when I ordered but I bet the 16"s they offer now aren't anything close to what you have now.

SAS!

2004.5 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 QC CTD 600
SAS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:06 PM   #20

They look great Sean!

Just wait till you pull your rig with 'em on..... so much better.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #21

SAS! & Wes!

I can hardly wait! SAS: In looking at the costs involved, I wondered why I didn't have WW do this, but then I looked at their $2700 and thought "there is no comparison"- they weren't going to put XPS Ribs in it! It wudda cost me a fortune to have them do it.

Wes: just what is THAT feeling?!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #22

When I talked to WW about the supplying the tires for my 16" upgrade, they wanted to ship me Carlisle's.

The RIBS give a more solid feel to my TH. The stock 15's felt a little squishy if you know what I mean? I also get a feeling of confidence, I don't have to worry about blowouts. That makes them worth every penny IMO.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
When I talked to WW about the supplying the tires for my 16" upgrade, they wanted to ship me Carlisle's.

The RIBS give a more solid feel to my TH. The stock 15's felt a little squishy if you know what I mean? I also get a feeling of confidence, I don't have to worry about blowouts. That makes them worth every penny IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THAT...Ladies & Gentlemen...has been spoken from one of true movers in the WW World (and I'm NOT kidding). If you haven't been around for at least 15 months (I'm kinda guessing here Wes with the horendous weight fight you had with them), you have NO idea how instrumental Wes was with goading WW to make, at the very least, the FSC2800's a better TH than it was.

Boy...I think we're ALL glad those Cr@p-liles days are over. And as I said about the same thing elsewhere, I'll put my "insurance" money upfront in the tires and sleep alot better DURING the Tow and after that.

Thanks Wes...you're a giver, and a giver!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #24

Well, the final job was done with the spare- went down to the Ford Dealer and got the same spare tire crank system that's on the F350- this is going to be soooooooo much better (and easier) than the stock flip-down frame that WW gave us. Problem was, the new XPS Ribs were too big in diameter to fit between the frame rails like the old tire did, so I had to do something different...for those of you interested in the part number, it's 6C3Z-1A131-AA and it lists for $106.23...

Now on to cleaning this beast before the Phoenix trip coming up this weekend...
Old 10-31-2006, 03:06 AM   #25

NICE!

2004.5 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 QC CTD 600
SAS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Sean, that SLC is looking a little dirty underneath, you'd better get to cleaning there.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:24 PM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Hey Sean, that SLC is looking a little dirty underneath, you'd better get to cleaning there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Senoir Tomas: Just a little dust...notice there's no mud...looked at the only mudhole for 200 miles coming into camp and didn't have to think twice about missing it. But I'll have the cleaning crew get right on it!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #28

OK...now I can kinda let the cat outta the bag...I alluded to a certain reason in my first post here why I did all this tire/wheel stuff, and now it's come full circle...just picked up my new 18,000k GVWR sticker tonight!

Just let me say that a "friend" got WW to do this for me. This is kinda still a secret, which is why you won't find me mentioning it on the Big Channel.

Now to download all that DMV stuff and start studying for the Non-Comm Class A...should be ready after the New Year to take the tests! Anyone got any tips?!