Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Wow Rhonda, you certainly have a knack for finding new people and bringing them onboard, keep up the good work! Hope you are happy with the Raptor for a long time.

Welcome Lee and Rita, always nice to see new people on the forum and good luck on finding that next Toyhauler.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #16

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I have lots to learn about posting and all that stuff. I guess I should have chosen some really cool name but I am knew at this. Hope to maybe meet more of you someday in our travels. This seems like a good place to maybe plan things together.

Thanks again,
Lee & Rita

2000 F 250 Supercrew,7.3, superchips, RS 9000 adjustable from dash, K & N air filter, raised roof cap on the back (full of RED NECK STICKERS)
2000 26A Prowler SUT by Fleetwood home rigged electric winch on rear door. 1979 Low Rider, 2005 Firefighter Special Heritage Softail. 2000 Yamaha 1200 SUV 4 seater PWC

P.S. Rhonda & Allyn were great host.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
Dear King and Queen of the campground,

nice image you paint of thaat camapsite. (actually it kind of reminds me of the one Clark like to go to in Carlsbad.)
Glad to her the trailer lived up to its high expectations.
And whats up with some campground not allowing bikes during Myrtle Beach bike week? You'd figure for one lousy week someone in the marketing department would have thought that one through a little more, but maybe they sell out every week irrigardless. The only place i've camped and actually seen a bunch of 'No Bikes Welcome' was in Kern, CA along the river.
Glad to hear the trailer's only little breaking in glitch was a smaall hose not tightened all the way. Not bad at all.

Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mike, We thought that was kinda odd too 3 years ago when we started wanting to camp during bike week. You'd think of ALL places in the world that Myrtle Beach campgrounds would welcome motorcycles. But no. It's the ONLY place we have ever encountered "No motorcycles allowed" during all times but bike week. And only 1 or 2 allow them even then. Go figure. But you're right, they don't care. This time of year they can book up without the motorcycles easily so it's no money out of their pockets. But we had fun at the one that did!

Oh, we did notice that there's one campground that has a totally seperate field with a security and gate to keep the bikes of folks that camp on their campground. But it's about half a mile from the campsite. I wouldn't like that either...but better than nothing I suppose.

Rhonda in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Rhonda!

Congrats on the first trip...if TV placement and a loose pipe was the only probs, then you'd have to say it was quite the success!

Might as welll try it again, eh?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Sean, I can't WAIT to try it again!! I wish it was this week even, lol!!

Old 05-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
the 'N.C Wing of the Toyhaulers' couldn't have a better spokesperson then Rhonda !

This has been an interesting development, with a couple brothers and their wives, (a couple more firefighters in our group), and all running into each other via Rhonda's exuberant campground visit. Interesting stuff!

and another Welcome to Bill's brother Lee and Rita,
and Rhonda, seemingly out of nowhere rave reviews of your hospitality and your new Raptor start flooding the internet!! Cool!
(and nice avatar picture as well)
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Mike! Toy haulers, motorcycles and everything that goes along with them are right up there at the top of things I love to do in this world. It seems that by doing both, I get to meet the nicest people on Earth. It's icing on the cake when I actually get to meet folks from the forum or even visa versa, meet folks then see them again on the forum. I just love it, love it! Isn't this just a wonderful way to live? Doing things you love and getting on here and talking about it. This is such a great place!

We love what is in my Avatar pic, thanks for the compliment!

Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Wow Rhonda, you certainly have a knack for finding new people and bringing them onboard, keep up the good work! Hope you are happy with the Raptor for a long time.

Welcome Lee and Rita, always nice to see new people on the forum and good luck on finding that next Toyhauler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Tom! This is just the coolest thing that has happened!

Old 05-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lee & Rita Dawson:
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I have lots to learn about posting and all that stuff. I guess I should have chosen some really cool name but I am knew at this. Hope to maybe meet more of you someday in our travels. This seems like a good place to maybe plan things together.

Thanks again,
Lee & Rita

2000 F 250 Supercrew,7.3, superchips, RS 9000 adjustable from dash, K & N air filter, raised roof cap on the back (full of RED NECK STICKERS)
2000 26A Prowler SUT by Fleetwood home rigged electric winch on rear door. 1979 Low Rider, 2005 Firefighter Special Heritage Softail. 2000 Yamaha 1200 SUV 4 seater PWC

P.S. Rhonda & Allyn were great host. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Lee! But really, you couldn't be any less imaginative in user name than I am. Heck, I'm Rhonda and I live in NC. Works for me, lol! You will find that this is a great place to share info, seek info, or just be in the company of other folks that share your interests. Just wait...you'll see. You'll like it too! Welcome aboard! I hope to see you both again some day soon.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:27 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
All I can say is one thing:

RHONDA, YOU ARE PRICELESS. I'M GLAD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND!

AND EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO! WE LOVE TO HAVE YOU ABOARD.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hey Sean, I can't WAIT to try it again!! I wish it was this week even, lol!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well? This is the one of the 'big' ones! Even if it's in the driveway!

I'm glad you've seen the best here...we have lots of fun, and I don't think I have to say this is best of the bunch.

Grab the wi-fi card and park yourself in the rig, and tell us how it goes, OK?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:54 AM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
All I can say is one thing:

RHONDA, YOU ARE PRICELESS. I'M GLAD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND!

AND EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO! WE LOVE TO HAVE YOU ABOARD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tom, Thanks!! That made me feel really good.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 AM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hey Sean, I can't WAIT to try it again!! I wish it was this week even, lol!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well? This is the one of the 'big' ones! Even if it's in the driveway!

I'm glad you've seen the best here...we have lots of fun, and I don't think I have to say this is best of the bunch.

Grab the wi-fi card and park yourself in the rig, and tell us how it goes, OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, driveway camping CAN be really fun at that! We've done it before and had a really nice time.