Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
jcd

I have on order a LE3505 with gel siding. Because of weight issue I thinking of Changing to aluminum siding (really hate to do that though) and going to a 3305. The siding would be 860lbs less and the shorter length is 608lbs, according to Weekend Warrior.

My question is: Would 4 quads, a Raptor 660 with 4"extended swingarm and extended a-arms, a Warrior, a LTZ400 and a Banshee fit easily into the 3305? Would also like to get a CR500 if possible.

I figure someone has put 4 quads in them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #2
jcd

I have on order a LE3505 with gel siding. Because of weight issue I thinking of Changing to aluminum siding (really hate to do that though) and going to a 3305. The siding would be 860lbs less and the shorter length is 608lbs, according to Weekend Warrior.

My question is: Would 4 quads, a Raptor 660 with 4"extended swingarm and extended a-arms, a Warrior, a LTZ400 and a Banshee fit easily into the 3305? Would also like to get a CR500 if possible.

I figure someone has put 4 quads in them.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #3

call your salesman , and ask
Old 07-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andrewz:
call your salesman , and ask </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes........

Unless someone on the forum can speak with
experience, you might want to take some
measurements of your toys and see if they
will fit.

If you can stay with the fiberglass, your
gonna be glad you did.... in my humble
opinion

Hope you can get your question answered
Old 07-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Jeff
1500 pounds less weight, just about 4 quads worth !
but those quads do have some size
depends on what you mean by "fit easily", but my "easy" says no they wouldn't fit easily.
I have a LE3305 in Lakeside. I forgot if you're in SoCal, but why don't you drive back to your dealer, or to someone who has one, and check out the insides. And call your salesguy and ask. Ask to see.

I think the worst thing anyone could do in the world, is talk someone out of one of the OPTIONS that makes the ToyHauler 'just perfect' for someone else.
Gel-coats aren't for me. But if that lousy 860 pounds makes the 'hauler for you, thats your choice. If it made it for me, i know which way i'd go on the choice.

I fit three quads in my LE33, i could have fit a 4th. I don't know what you mean by "easily".

Here's what I'd be doing if I was on the brink of decision. Walk thru a LE33 and a LE35, and then look at what the weights are on a dually or F450. Thats just me. Thats also what I'M doing.

Mike "no help" FatDog
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
Jeff
1500 pounds less weight, just about 4 quads worth !
but those quads do have some size
depends on what you mean by "fit easily", but my "easy" says no they wouldn't fit easily.
I have a LE3305 in Lakeside. I forgot if you're in SoCal, but why don't you drive back to your dealer, or to someone who has one, and check out the insides. And call your salesguy and ask. Ask to see.

I think the worst thing anyone could do in the world, is talk someone out of one of the OPTIONS that makes the ToyHauler 'just perfect' for someone else.
Gel-coats aren't for me. But if that lousy 860 pounds makes the 'hauler for you, thats your choice. If it made it for me, i know which way i'd go on the choice.

I fit three quads in my LE33, i could have fit a 4th. I don't know what you mean by "easily".

Here's what I'd be doing if I was on the brink of decision. Walk thru a LE33 and a LE35, and then look at what the weights are on a dually or F450. Thats just me. Thats also what I'M doing.

Mike "no help" FatDog </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Mikey...yoooouuuu keeellllll me!!

jcd: You've got quite the 'load wish list' there, and I exactly where FD's going...if you could get over the weight issue, then you're looking at the loading issue- no doubt, even in my SLC, you'd either be puttin a bike in the bedroom, or finding some way to stack the mess...any way, that's quite the Bill Of Lading you're looking at!

Like FD said, go back to the dealer and see what your options are...and you didn't mention your TV, so that kinda leaves a whole bunch 'up in the air' also.

Let us know what you find!!!

Sean
Old 07-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #7
jcd

My TV is a '05 F350 SRW Lariat, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4 PSD.

Tried talking the wife into a Dually or 450 but she wont go for it.................YET, lol.

Usually there are other trucks going where we go like Glamis, Dumont, etc. Could load some things into them. Like the Gel, dont know about that. Just curious about the fit for the quads. Easily......Dont want to have to stand them up, if possible.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #8

Awww..jcd!!! You just gotta know about goin' about it!

Get the TH, make sure it's oversized , then if you know anyone on the po-lice department, have 'em write cha a bogus ticket! Then get the truck! (Hey...this is EXACTLY what I did back in High School when my aunt gave me a $500 grad check and my parents wouldn't let me buy rims & tires for my car...so I had a 'friend' write me a fix-it ticket...as they say...there's more than one way to skin a cat!).

Just make sure she doesn't see this post, otherwise you're TOAST!

Just some friendly advice...

Sean
Old 07-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #9

Where's Melon at? Melon this is right up your ally. jcd, another member here just went through this decision and finally went with the gel coat. It's really your call. They each have there pro's and con's. As far as how many quads you can fit depends on which two you put on there tail (Warrior and Shee) Strap them down good and the longer wider two will have plenty of room. I've had 4 in a 28' Fun Runner no problem.

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #10

Hey-It's Deb. Melon is asleep...he's gonna love that I told you all that . We did end up going with the gelcoat (sorry FD), and we are very glad we did (even though we still don't have it yet - how many more days Griz?). I can't help you out with the weght issues, but we will be towing with a F250 diesel and everyone has reassured me that we should be able to tow the LE3505-fiberglass with wide slide-no problem...right guys?!?!
Deb

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #11

Deb:

er....right....er- just get the TH, and we'll see! And you won't be sorry bout that gelcoat...don't fret it at all! (Sorry FD).

oooo....wouldn't that be neat if you could have it by, say, TOMORROW? Yeah!

Sean
Old 07-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #12

Jeff,

I had a 33' Nomad and I carried 4 quads-
banshee, Suzuki LT250R, Warrior, and a Blaster.

Turn them sideways, nose to tail staggared, and the smallest one up front.

I was able to get them all in and stuff all around them.. I don't know if the WW is bigger or smaller inside, guessing it's about the same.

Good luck,

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #13
jcd

I just measured the 4 quads out on the driveway. It 12'7"x 96" going over a little. I will try and get to a dealer to measure. Anyone with a LE3305 know if that fits?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #14

Oh cr@p, here we go again. I always say go bigger if you can. I'm am the king of over-engineering. Besides, the difference in price between the 33' and the 35' is only $800 (well worth it), again, thats just me. Plus, the two extra feet is huge when you cram it full of people and toys. We had this same issue with our SuperLite. We went for the 30' over the 28' and never looked back. If you can swing it, I would say go bigger. Or if that doesn't work, you might have to get really creative on how you pack you junk. Like maybe having to stand some up.

Good Luck
Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote