Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #1

To Mod or not to Mod, there was no question.
After only being used 4-5 times at the dump station my Warrior provided Mickey Mouse 10' sewer hose had developed 6-8 pin holes in it.
Last weekend I went to Camping World and bought a Super Heavy Duty 10'er. When I put the new hose in the manufacturer provided storage compartment, it liked about 3" fitting in far enough to close the door so I was forced to Mod.
I went to Lowes and bought the thinnest walled 4" PVC pipe they had. Using my drimmel tool, I cut all but the first 3" of the original black storage tube off the door assembly. I took some measurements then cut the new PVC to 74". Again using the drimmel tool I beveled the outer edge of the black tube and the inner edge of the PVC and crammed the PVC onto the black tube. It was a real tight fit. As you can see from the pictures below, the new tube fit nicely between the front of the RV and the vertical bed support. This is basically unusable space anyway.

I capped the other end and strapped it to the vertical support.

With over 74" of tube, I am sure I can store a 20' hose behind the 10'er and have it available if I ever need a longer hose.

As Bubba says, "We never bought anything we didn't have to modify".

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #2

To Mod or not to Mod, there was no question.
After only being used 4-5 times at the dump station my Warrior provided Mickey Mouse 10' sewer hose had developed 6-8 pin holes in it.
Last weekend I went to Camping World and bought a Super Heavy Duty 10'er. When I put the new hose in the manufacturer provided storage compartment, it liked about 3" fitting in far enough to close the door so I was forced to Mod.
I went to Lowes and bought the thinnest walled 4" PVC pipe they had. Using my drimmel tool, I cut all but the first 3" of the original black storage tube off the door assembly. I took some measurements then cut the new PVC to 74". Again using the drimmel tool I beveled the outer edge of the black tube and the inner edge of the PVC and crammed the PVC onto the black tube. It was a real tight fit. As you can see from the pictures below, the new tube fit nicely between the front of the RV and the vertical bed support. This is basically unusable space anyway.

I capped the other end and strapped it to the vertical support.

With over 74" of tube, I am sure I can store a 20' hose behind the 10'er and have it available if I ever need a longer hose.

As Bubba says, "We never bought anything we didn't have to modify".

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:36 PM   #3

Budda, Looks good and if you park just right you can use that thing as a potatoe launcher!!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #4

Looks Great twinbubba, And if you aim that spud gun corectly you might scare all them dove to fly right to ya!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
that is clean looking bubba, nice job.
and since Bubba is a hunter, i presume he might have handled a spud gun before

here is one of my mods. Right after i couldn't afford any more duct tape, i bought me a WW instead.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #6

Oh Mikey...that's a goot one!! And guessing on how often they move, I bet you saved a fortune in duct tape costs!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:12 PM   #7

And I wondered why Home Depot was all out of 100 MPH Tape "Here's your sign"

06 LE 3505
Old 09-13-2005, 07:12 PM   #8

yea, thats right Sean

i think i really became disallusioned with that car when i couldn't get it in a Billet color with gel-coat.
So i got that cool-guy green instead - a traditional Chevy color. The door jambs on Don's truck is painted that very same color, so i know thats the color his truck used to be.

I'll sure miss that ol' duct tape idea. Our WW's sure have a lot of storage. and that gel-coat too.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #9

Do we have to show this pic again

06 LE 3505
Old 09-13-2005, 07:16 PM   #10

speaking of duct tape, ...
although i don't really think anyone was ...
i think someone forgot to duct tape his load down:

Bolts on a tanny pan are one thing to forget, but your wife's birthday and duct taping a load down are something else.
i'll be waiting Don, for that one time when you least want me to have a camera in my hand. It may be too soaked with beer to work, but i'll have it ....
Old 09-13-2005, 07:22 PM   #11

I'm not quite sure they could afford the billet interior...let alone the gel-coat that isn't happy if you park some 100mph tape on it for ANY period of time (have you ever tried to get that stuff off?!).

And I will always remember "Teal" as a 80's-early 90's color...thank gawd they didn't have that in the 70's!

Poor 'ol Don...if he's got any inkling of that color on is truck- even as a BASE COAT...we need to find it...and I'm pretty sure Chevy had some of that paint left over so he's prolly realy glad the sun doesn't shine on his hinges!!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #12

YIKES!!

Wow...sure wish I had posted a tad earlier than my last!! I get back to the thread and there's this PIPE staring me in the face!!

Now Mikey...I realize that seems like it just happened to you, you know...forgetting about Cordie's B-Day and such, but do you have to resort to "cruel and unusual" punishment on Donny Baby?! Just because that pipe prolly came off a Chevy on his load doesn't give you creedence to scare the BeJeesus outta us!!

Hey...I was going to bed soon, but it APPEARS that we're somewhat back to normal, EY?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I don't know Mike, if even the green tape would have held that down.

And all you guys moding out that poopy tube need to take another look at my stinky slinky box.

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 PM   #14

No puke green in that truck! Just one Awesome Machine

06 LE 3505