Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #1

Does anyone have this model or know anything about it, good or bad? I like the layout. $38,000.00.
Thanks!

http://www.bikerbuzz.biz/images/truck4.jpg
TMK aka Biker Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #2

Does anyone have this model or know anything about it, good or bad? I like the layout. $38,000.00.
Thanks!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 PM   #3

TMK:

First...welcome to iRV2!! I'd say 'hi' earlier, but we twas out 'o town on an excusion! We hope your travels here are fun!

It took me a few sites to get to one to help you out here...I googled your model number, got a 3rd party site, and deducted it was a Sierra model...check me if I'm wrong, but this is the floor plan:

...from this Forest River Website.

You may want to also fill in a bit more on your profile, because obviously, Forest River has a duel-coast offering and i made it a little harder to get to this point without going another route. Just a thought!

As for the Floorplan...it's great!...but I can tell you right now- that's alot of TH...and you're gonna need a good-sized TV to tow it. What do/did you have in mind to tow it? We can give you alot of facts as to what to look for- I didn't see any specs on it.

Post some more detail, and we'll ALL see what we can interject for ya!!

Good luck!

Sean
Old 08-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #4

Yep. That's it. I've been on the Forest River site and they don't give any specs yet. I'm not sure I want to go 40'. I think 36' would be a good length. Then again, what's a couple more feet?

I imagine my truck will handle the 40 footer just fine. My wife and I are having a difficult time agreeing on floor plans. As long as I get a seperate garage I'll be happy. She's more concerned with kitchen counter space and T.V. placement. She doesn't like the T.V. to be located on/in the garage wall. I've looked at towhaulers online til I'm blue in the face and my eyeballs are fryed from looking at my monitor!

Old 09-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #5

I bought one..I would advise to look at Skyline as they have a similar/better layout.

Not much kitchen cabinet space, or bedroom cabinets or bathroom cabinets.

Check the bedroom dresser and see if you can even get a t-shirt in it without mangeling it .

The coat closet is small.
You cannot put jakets on hangers and close the mirror door without fighting the door/jackets. Bad design.

these are all oversights on my part when I bought it.

No cabinets in the garage etc.

And don't buy from a Forest river TH Dealer in Surprise,az. You'll be sorry.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #6

Here is a link to the Rampage by Skyline, I have had very good luck with my Rampage. We have used at least once a month for over a year and a half now and not ONE major issue. I reccomend Skyline to everyone I see shopping. gOOd luCk...

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote