Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #1

No really...he made me swear to secrecy, but he leaked some info that just floored me- did you know he works for NASA? I really didn't believe that credit card machine installation front he was issuing me, so I probed a little farther while I was at his house picking up the wonder houseboat (yeah...you kinda 'wonder' why I bought it, eah? It's more complex than you EVER thought!).

Thank Gawd I had my camera with me...I get a pic at the next Space Shuttle he's designed...yeah...I know I know, after that great houseboat he sold me, I was amased at all the projects he's got going lately (Actually I'm pretty darn surprised he's got any time to visit with us here on iRV2!). You outta see his garage (I'll have to dig out those pics ans show you later on...there's some doozies!!).

Well...it may look a tad on the harsh side (functionality being the key), but they've improved the foam problem (I think they replaced it with white, wringed out SOS pads super-compressed and Crazy-glued onto the hull). Not only that, but as far as I can tell, they discovered WI-FI and there's alot less wiring that has a chance to burn, but his neighbor told me there's still some static on his TV when we watches "Leave It To Beaver").

There is an issue, though- it appears the new shuttle is 'Chevy-based', and the landing gear seems to be a little rough- we'll just have to wait and see if she can land without blowing out the tires -I know I know...from what I can tell, they're lucky to have any alphabet number assigned to them.

The launch pad you will see is a simulated one...heck...Tom's got a lot of property, but not THAT much. But doesn't she look purdy?!

Now I realize that there's some titling that has gone on with this pic, so I'm pretty sure you guys haven't been the first to see this. Please let me know if you've seen any of the major networks with this picture (you're the FIRST I've shared this pic with, and still have emails awaiting me from the executives).

your Favorite Reporter,

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #2

No really...he made me swear to secrecy, but he leaked some info that just floored me- did you know he works for NASA? I really didn't believe that credit card machine installation front he was issuing me, so I probed a little farther while I was at his house picking up the wonder houseboat (yeah...you kinda 'wonder' why I bought it, eah? It's more complex than you EVER thought!).

Thank Gawd I had my camera with me...I get a pic at the next Space Shuttle he's designed...yeah...I know I know, after that great houseboat he sold me, I was amased at all the projects he's got going lately (Actually I'm pretty darn surprised he's got any time to visit with us here on iRV2!). You outta see his garage (I'll have to dig out those pics ans show you later on...there's some doozies!!).

Well...it may look a tad on the harsh side (functionality being the key), but they've improved the foam problem (I think they replaced it with white, wringed out SOS pads super-compressed and Crazy-glued onto the hull). Not only that, but as far as I can tell, they discovered WI-FI and there's alot less wiring that has a chance to burn, but his neighbor told me there's still some static on his TV when we watches "Leave It To Beaver").

There is an issue, though- it appears the new shuttle is 'Chevy-based', and the landing gear seems to be a little rough- we'll just have to wait and see if she can land without blowing out the tires -I know I know...from what I can tell, they're lucky to have any alphabet number assigned to them.

The launch pad you will see is a simulated one...heck...Tom's got a lot of property, but not THAT much. But doesn't she look purdy?!

Now I realize that there's some titling that has gone on with this pic, so I'm pretty sure you guys haven't been the first to see this. Please let me know if you've seen any of the major networks with this picture (you're the FIRST I've shared this pic with, and still have emails awaiting me from the executives).

your Favorite Reporter,

Sean

Old 08-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #3

Gotta love it... Them rednecks can build anything they put their mind to

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #4

Maybe NASA will have beter luck with the Suburban based space shuttle than they do with the ones they have now. At least this one wasn't built by the lowest bidder. You can tell that there was some real love put into this project. Nice One Sean

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
oh my gosh, that is funny
Tom ??????

Something tells me that before the end of this summer, Sean's Investigative Reports (SIR) will either have caused Tom to move to California, ....... or to Europe.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:30 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
That is great! LMAO!

You know Sean, I gotta think long and hard about this. Got to come up with something really special to repay you for all your great stories (SIR). I'll let you know when the "time" comes. But, in the meantime, get all you can, or, as some would say, "be all you can be".

I will anxiously await your next "SIR".
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 PM   #7

OK Tom...but I think you'll need to wake up alot latter in the day to keep up with me buddy! But I realize that one morning, after you had those fortified Wheaties, you'll come up with something that will rock our socks off- please do it soon before my fingers develop Arthritis, OK?

Gawd...you're so fun and such a riot to tease! God Bless Ya, Man!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Sean, Was that you in drag on FD's video?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #9

You know Tom:

I refuse to put Quick Time on my biz laptop...that darn program always slows me down, so I had to ick-say on the video-say...why can't everything be in Media-Player format? Those darn Mac's I tell ya!! They're like those darn illegals takin' over our country!

Howie!

So you'll just have to clue me in there Tommy boy!!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Man, all I have to say is, never mind, you have to see it to understand it and if you can't see it, then the whole point is missed. Kinda like a joke when the main point is missed. But thats ok, we'll think of you everytime we see it anyway!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:41 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OK Tom...but I think you'll need to wake up alot latter in the day to keep up with me buddy! But I realize that one morning, after you had those fortified Wheaties, you'll come up with something that will rock our socks off- please do it soon before my fingers develop Arthritis, OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I didn't wake up earlier but I **** sure made it later than you. Although I knew you had to go work today so

Better you than me!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #12

You'll have YOUR day, then I'll be able to pounce back!!

Unitl then I'll be on my best behavior!