Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #1

Fresh water tank overflowing

I've had the craziest thing happening in my 2015 Eclipse Attitude 23SAG.

I've had it hooked up to shore water for a few months and am positive it is filling my fresh water tank at the same time! At one point I deliberately used my fresh water tank until the water level was in the red zone and it slowly filled again on its own accord. This morning I awoke to water all over the parking pad with water spewing out the fresh water fill port! I turned off the shore water and the spewing subsided. Upon turning the water on again I watched the tank water creep up the neck of the fill tube and out it came again!

Does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #2

Very possible that the check valve next to/in the water pump has failed or has trash in it, allowing pressurized water to flow backwards into the suction line, and ultimately, the tank.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
The other possibility is that the valve that you switch to fill water tank isn't shut off completely. Pressurizing or over filling the water tank can be bad news, with large surfaces a little pressure per square inch adds up quickly. The tank can burst or expand to the point of causing structural damage to the surrounding area. Unless you need constant water pressure for some reason, I don't see the need to be constantly connected to city water.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #4

So, its not haunted after all? I'll I'll check the check-valve tomorrow. Thx.

The toyhauler has two fill ports...one for shore water and one to fill the tank so there is not a valve to switch between shore & fresh fill. I know what you mean though I had a different RV that had that configuration.

Tomorrow I'll call the dealer & hopefully he'll send a part.

Thx to thise who RSVP'd.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicap View Post
So, its not haunted after all? I'll I'll check the check-valve tomorrow. Thx.

The toyhauler has two fill ports...one for shore water and one to fill the tank so there is not a valve to switch between shore & fresh fill. I know what you mean though I had a different RV that had that configuration.

Tomorrow I'll call the dealer & hopefully he'll send a part.

Thx to thise who RSVP'd.
Not sure of any dealer that would just send a pump sight unseen. Maybe a check valve. You can drain the tank, pull the suction line off the pump, and if water is flowing back from the pressure side, check valve in pump is bad. Take a couple pictures, and then they very well might get you one. They have to prove it's bad for warranty to cover it.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Our valve will work properly but only if I give it an extra hard turn. Otherwise there is a slow but steady fill. Takes several days but then we notice water on the ground and sure enough the tank is full. I give it a harder turn and that works

Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water