Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 AM   #1

Has anyone come up with a way to fill just the back 50 gal. fresh water tank? I rarely need more than 50 gal. and it would be nice, due to tongue weight concerns, to be able to fill the rear tank only(behind the axles) then just open the valve between the tanks when I reach my destination. I looked at the fresh water fill tube that goes to the front tank and it looks like it is too tight from the fill opening to the tanks to put a T and a valve.
Has anyone done this MOD on any Warrior? If so, pictures would be nice.

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 AM   #2

Has anyone come up with a way to fill just the back 50 gal. fresh water tank? I rarely need more than 50 gal. and it would be nice, due to tongue weight concerns, to be able to fill the rear tank only(behind the axles) then just open the valve between the tanks when I reach my destination. I looked at the fresh water fill tube that goes to the front tank and it looks like it is too tight from the fill opening to the tanks to put a T and a valve.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 09-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #3

Hey Twinny Baby:

Considering there's only one fill station for the water, I'm at a loss on how you're gonna accomplish that- not knowing WHICH tank on the FS2300 gets filled first is the culprit. but I can't believe it'd be too difficult to add another fill station (or even a fill spout) to be able to do this.

Of course, the ONE TIME you need our official MOD Guy Howie, he's off galavanting in the Mammoth area...but I think his valve mod between the two tanks on his LE wouldn't fix your dilemna. Sorry!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:11 AM   #4

WWFan, the front tank on the FS get filled first and you have to open a valve on the drain spout on the door side of the TH to fill the second tank. I hate the idea of having to cut a hole in the side of the TH to install another fill station. I was hoping I could put a T in the original fill tube behind the fill station and then a shut off valve to the front tank and a supply tube to the rear tank but there just dosn't appear to be enough room between the fill station and where the supply hose enters the front tank.
I was just hoping someone had figured out a way to accomplish this without cutting a hole in the side of the TH and installing a new fill station housing.

GET YOURSELF BACK HERE HOWIE!!!

I will keep an eye on this thread and see if I hear from THE MAD MODSTER.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 09-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:

TB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TB.....

I've posted this before, and maybe you might be able to use it.

Installed the shutoff valve between the two water tanks. Now I can
fill one tank for short trips....... or fill both tanks and know exactly when
I've used my first 75 gallons and pace the water useage accordingly .

With the shut-off closed..... and adding 75 gallons,
Only the front tank fills and it has the sensors.
Therefore, the monitor will show full tank.

If I opened up the shut off and let the 75 gallons flow from the
front tank to the rear tank....... the monitors will show the tanks 1/2 full.

As the photo shows, I had plenty of room to put the shut off valve.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #6

56Nomad, my FS2300 already has a valve between the two tanks. I can shut that valve and fill only the front tank but my quest here is to figure out how I can fill only the REAR tank for weight distribution when I am not hauling toys.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 09-25-2006, 10:42 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:
56Nomad, my FS2300 already has a valve between the two tanks. I can shut that valve and fill only the front tank but my quest here is to figure out how I can fill only the REAR tank for weight distribution when I am not hauling toys.

TB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could give these folks a call and add a separate fill tube.