Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:57 AM   #1

Hello me and the wife are looking at our third toyhauler and could use some help. We both like the layout of the fsw but are also thinking a 5th wheel is the next logical choice. So I have come to the experts for your thoughts. I see many people own the LE and are wondering how you and your better half like the bathroom(major reason for the new rig bigger bathroom). Also those that have the fsw how does legnth affect it. I love the layout of the fsw but hear the 5er's pull much better. Thanks for your help.

2004 Fleetwood Gearbox
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2006, 03:57 AM   #2

Hello me and the wife are looking at our third toyhauler and could use some help. We both like the layout of the fsw but are also thinking a 5th wheel is the next logical choice. So I have come to the experts for your thoughts. I see many people own the LE and are wondering how you and your better half like the bathroom(major reason for the new rig bigger bathroom). Also those that have the fsw how does legnth affect it. I love the layout of the fsw but hear the 5er's pull much better. Thanks for your help.

2004 Fleetwood Gearbox
Old 12-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, since I don't have either one I can only say that I like towing the 5th wheel. I'm sure someone will jump in here before long and answer your questions, otherwise we may have to get the ole cattle prod out.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #4

Hope this helps. . .

First, it is my Wife, 9-yr. old Daughter and I. We all have quads and just in the last year bought a mini-rail (Tom Pro).

Our first trailer was a FT2200 (basically a Front Sleeper 2600 except a tent in front instead of a bedroom.

We knew we were looking at a Mini-Rail so, we went to the LE3505 + 4' (LE3905).

We absolutely LOVE it.

The bathroom is basically the same. The sky-light in the shower is nice for me (6'2") as I can actually stand-up! But, I am not in the bathroom that much to care about how big it is. As long as I can take care of my business and take a shower I'm fine. I figure I'm in the shower for about 30 minutes over a one-week trip so, who cares if it is tight. That's just me though.

As for pulling, there is no sway! The only times (2) that I've felt something were when I was in the valley and it was an extremely windy day. I could feel it that day. Also, last year on our way back from Glamis, when we came over the Grapevine we got into a little tunnel on the N. side of the Mt. where there is a lot of wind. I slowed down a little for about 5-miles and it cleared up after that.

Last trip over Donner pass on the way back from Sand Mt. my buddy who was following me in his tag FS3600 with stabilizer and load dist. hitch called and said he got blown around pretty good at the top of the summit. . . I asked, "was there wind?" Seriously, I didn't feel a thing.

This thing tracks awesome also.

Someone posted something about the total length of the FSW3200 (I think) and it was like 34'xx" or something. I was thinking, MAN, that's not much different from the LE3905 when you are hooked up!

If you go tag for that length, I'ld definitely look into a serious hitch but, in the long run I really believe you'll be much happier with a 5er.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:19 AM   #5

NE:

As DuneMe and others have suggested, if you're looking between a TT and a TH, GO THE TH! A 5vr is sooooooo much easier to tow, as well as hook up. I've always been amazed at those who say "but I'll lose the bed of my truck"....welll he!! yeah! But you gain the same room or more in livable space! Plus you can always use the truck bed for the little stuff- it's not a total waste.

The LEs are the most popular WW THs out there- lots of them roaming around. There's a reason for that- they've got the best ratio of $$$$'s vs. value going for them for a mid-range coach. You might also want to look at the new 08 SLCs- they've basically got the same layout now as the CRs- which is exactly what I wanted. Oh well..I ain't gonna go through the Modding experience again for a while!

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #6

Looks like we have decided to hold off and get either the slc or cr. It is not in the budget this year but are making plans for it at the end of the year. I really like the 08 slc nice floor plan for sure. Thanks for everyone's help.

2004 Fleetwood Gearbox