Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #1

Fuel Gauge problem 403 Fuzion

I just picked up a 2009 Fuzion 403 Toy Hauler. Love the rig and have very few issues with it. However, my Fuel Gauge , despite a full tank, is pegged at below empty. My 403 has a single tank that supplies both the gen set and the fuel station.
I am assuming that there is no special way to turn something on that makes the gauge active. Yes? No?

Before I start taking things apart from the tank forward, has any one had experience with this malady? And , what was the fix?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #2

Try a different guage. My guage had a short in it and is easy to access. Napa carrys a similar guage.

Fred P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #3

Fuel Gauge Problem Fuzion 403

The fact that it is pinned at well below empty was leading me down the replacement path . Another source thought it might be wired backwards.
Easy enough to check.
Soon as I have a few spare moments I will pull the panel and check it out.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #4

Not the gauge and I have voltage from the sender. This makes no sense.
If I have voltage I should have a reading, Yes?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #5

MConnelly
The fuel gage setting is based upon the ground resistance, you don't want to pass 12v through the fuel tank. Check the gage by using a volt meter and a ground wire. Make sure you have 12v on 1 side (the+) and use a wire to ground that should show full, with yours pegged to e I think it either wired reverse or a bad gauge.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

I have a new gauge. so I am pretty sure it is not the gauge. I just checked voltages going to the gauge. I have 12.9 V on the line coming from the sender, and only 6.5 V on the line to the Ignition pole connector.
I hadn't noticed I did not have 12V + on the Ignition connection or positive connector on the gauge.
Now I need to know where the 12V supply is coming from to the gauge.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #7

Still no reading on Fuel Gauge

I have replaced the gauge . o luck.
I know which lead is 12V and ground and ground from the sensor.
THe old gauge was wired backwards so I am thinking the sensor in the tank was damaged. Have to take a look to see what is involved in that once the tank is empty.

Any other ideas would be welcome.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #8

MConnelly
Make sure the new gauge is wired correctly then take the sender side to a good ground the gauge should read F take a multimeter to the sender wire from the tank and use continuity to see if it read 100% which means it is grounded. Next check the sender at the tank with the sender wire off, that will tell you if the sender is bad or if the wire has a screw or whatever grounding it between the tank and gauge.
Fred
Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #9

Fuel Gauge has morphed into Fuel Station problems

As I am working thru the gauge problem I have discovered the Fuel Station pump does not work.

It , the pump, is getting voltage but will not turn on. It gets real hot real quick when the on/off switch is switched to on.

I had not tried to use the system until I was going to check the variable signal from the sensor by draining some fuel from the tank via the pump system.

Now I am in contact with the dealership that sold me the rig to try and work out the repairs to both the gauge and the pump.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #10

The pump is very easy to service, it took about 15 min to remove and disassemble. Mine quite but I did not find any reason. I used wd40 on the plastic gears and used a jumper box to test. If you take it out observe the wires as mine was wired backwards (red to black) which makes it turn counterclockwise.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #11

Fuel station Fuel pump

Got the pump out and cleaned the plastic impellers. The pump now spins, however it does not pump. Is there a priming sequence?
Old 08-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #12

mine did the same thing, reverse the wires black to red, red to black! I know!!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #13

Fred,
Did your system work to begin with?
I have no way of knowing if mine did.
The connections I took out were Black to black, red to red.
If reversing the motor's rotation corrects the situation, the system never worked.
I'll give it a try in the mornig.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MConnelly View Post
Fred,
Did your system work to begin with?
I have no way of knowing if mine did.
The connections I took out were Black to black, red to red.
If reversing the motor's rotation corrects the situation, the system never worked.
I'll give it a try in the mornig.
Sorry it took so long to answer, my pump worked for 2 yrs but when I wanted fuel for my lawn mower it blew a fuse, so I removed it and took it apart. I did not find anything wrong so I USED WD40 ON THE gears and reassembled it. I did not pay attention when I clipped the wires in the box so when I wired it red to red and it did not pump I though I had not reassembled it correctly but it is a dc motor so it either works or not, switched wires and it works, since I did not pay attention I cannot blame Keystone ( yea right) Hope you got your gage and pump fixed.
Fred

Tags
fuel