Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #15
2011 Cyclone 3812, update

Well, we had the same concerns with seating arrangement and layout. We really like the island in the middle, although it really is more of a place to set stuff rather than working counter space. My wife has lots of plants that she sets out to make it feel more homey. The TV location has been a bit of a compromise, it is on a pivot mount that makes it reasonable, but it would be nice if it was oriented differently, but we make it work. We originally had hoped to purchase a raptor 42 foot something, with the living area arranged differently, but the dealer jerked us around and tried to squeeze us for more money. they weren't willing to even negotiate till after we told them we were purchasing a different trailer, then they were all about coming to a reasonable price. After that I refused to buy from them and purchased what we have now.

One thing we did was put a good sized computer desk in the garage area. It works great, we use the bed on the lift for storage and underneath for our pet area. We have lived in this trailer for 3 months now, it is definitely smaller than a home, but it is a great trailer to be in as we transition our life to out of the Army and our next place to live. I don't like the current entertainment set up, we had to build a simple shelf for above the TV for our entertainment items for the TV. I also ordered a piece of electronics that if it works will fix the sound, should route all the sound from the HDMI cables to the stereo input. I will post when I get it all hooked up if it works.

We also had to replace the truck, we had an 88' F350 4 door, dually. thought it would be plenty of truck but after doing some work to it and research, it definitely didn't cut the mustard. So we bought an 08' F450 4WD 4 Door. Totally covers our towing needs, has been great to use and is a nice truck. Lots of miles on it, but no payment. We are happy with our trailer and set up.

One challenge we have run into is a small leak on the Off Door Side propane tank. I have to track that down, right now we just swap tanks when they get low. Shouldn't be a hard fix, just a challenge finding the leak.

mfsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #16
Well we continue to enjoy the 5th wheel. One area where we really felt the trailer had come up short is the home entertainment system. We did some research and found a 40$ piece of electronics I am very happy with. It is an audio extractor that you can route HDMI cables into and it converts the audio to the stereo into its component parts. So now I have a red and a white out put to connect to the stereo. We now happily have audio from the DVD player, PlayStation and direct tv all going into the built in stereo instead of the TV. So happy now to figure out how to can't the TV over to be more easily from the couch.

mfsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #17
Did you buy LED bulbs? They are spendy, but super COOL. Sounds like you are enjoying your RV. CONGRATS :__)))))))
IOWASTROKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #18
I'm just wondering if you have made it to Missouri yet? Which part are you heading to plant at? Enjoy your adventure?

ctbruce is online now   Reply With Quote