Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 AM   #1

I have narrowed it down to these 2 models, wondering if there are any opinions on which one, very similar except for the kitchen layuot, the wife likes the wrap around kitchen, but I like the open floor and not losing the awning space due to the extra slide, any opinions?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:26 AM   #2

I have narrowed it down to these 2 models, wondering if there are any opinions on which one, very similar except for the kitchen layuot, the wife likes the wrap around kitchen, but I like the open floor and not losing the awning space due to the extra slide, any opinions?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
wow, welcome dude
i'm going to look into them more, but that is one cool looking rig,
i'm trying to find if they have a dealer here in SanDago so i can kick some tires !
i like both layouts but would like to pick my favorite if i can see them in person
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hi 72NOVA502

Boy, that's a great number! I do like big block chevy's. Welcome to the Toyhauler forum. Since I don't have an answer for your question I'll let the others handle that but in the meantime, welcome to the forum.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #5

Thanks for the welcome.....Love muscle cars especially fast ones, going with the 362 simply because of floor space, rather have that than the bar.........Thanks for the welcome!!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #6

72Nova502
i think one of Tom's (Vette Racer) vettes is 502 powered if i remember correctly,

and i really like the 362 layout, its a great looking layout,
post its specs, i'd like to know more about it,
and where do you camp at and what kind of bikes do you haul along?
Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #7

Tow brute force atv's and yz250 dirt bikes, will post some pics when I pick it up, and yeah my nova just has a little 502 that goes high 9's street driven, gotta love those big blocks!
thanks for asking, camp all over the east coast mostly northeast.......beautiful country.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #8

the yz250 .. i've always wanted one, or the 426,
but one thing i would like more info on, is that northeast part of our country,
see .. i've live in Socal desert too long .. 40 years i've beaten these sanddunes
i aint ever moving across the country but sure would like to hear some stories of your riding and absolutly post pics .. i'll post pics of SoCal desrt dune riding that will maybe curl anyone's hairs,
Old 06-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i think one of Tom's (Vette Racer) vettes is 502 powered if i remember correctly, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Mike, not bad, you only missed it by 7 cubes.

It's a 509 bowtie big block around 800 horse. The class I used to run was with the "National Council of Corvette Clubs" and was called RPA which limited me to using the swing axle setup like a stock corvette. Thats why it only ran high 9's. Leave the line at idle and get it on. By the way, that was at 139 mph with a 3100 lb car. AAh, the memories! I can still smell that C12 fuel. That was all motor too, no funny stuff.

Well, enough memories, 502, good luck with your new rig.

Mike, glad to see you posting some, I've been out of town working so haven't been on much. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #10

Hey Tom,

Any problems with the tornado's in your neck of the woods? My daughter is in Lincoln and she has had to hit the basement a couple of times, but fortunately nothing has come close. Your right in the alley if I remember correctly.

Mike, nows things? See I pop up around here now and then!!!

Boy were old timers here...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Clark, good to hear from you.

We've had several around but none close enough to go to the cellar. I think the closest was about 10 miles north. Hey, its just that time of year, ya know.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #12

Hi oldtimer Clark!
speaking of 'that time of year' ... this is probably the time of year you and the other Paramedics and Firefighters here in socal are keeping an eye towards the horizon too. It seems like our fires out here have gotten bigger the past handful of years but i guess its a drought pattern. (did i just spell drought or draft? .. i'm too lazy to do a spell search )
hows that Alfa working out? that thing was an object of beauty there buddy

and Tommie, whoops for me forgetting your 509 vs 502 c.i.,
fact is, i'm not really sure of their substantial difference anyway, other then, like you said, 7 cubes

great to talk with you guys
Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #13

Hey Mike...
Yes it is getting to that time of the year, we just spent 2 weeks doing training brush fire drills in the Palos Verdes Hills. After last year, boy was that fun... NOT! Unfortunately, most of the fires are started by idiots, it was a bummer working so hard to save someones home only to watch it burn anyway.
The Alfa's looking good, actually spent the day cleaning inside and out as we are going to use it this next weekend up in Pismo Beach, my son is graduating from Cal Poly San Luis Obisbo on Sat. Then it's home for a couple days and then were hauling it up to Lake Shasta and the surrounding area for 2 weeks. THAT'S gonna cost a few $$$$$$$$$$$$$!!! But I did read last week that Alfa closed their doors due to the economy mostly. I was worried that my extended warranty was caput, but I called the company and they stated that it was still in force and they would honor it (good news)!!!

It's awesome that some of use old guys are still around...

Take care Mike & Tom.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote