Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #1

Garage cabinets/workbench

Anyone find a good quality , lightweight set up ? Need tall upright preferably . TIA , Pics if you can .
goingtoenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #2

Not many details about what you are looking for except tall and that does not sound like work bench height. How would you secure a tall cabinet from falling over?
Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:58 PM   #3

I was going to use this in my current trailer, but it was too tall for where I wanted to put it. I do have one in my shop, and it is way better then my similar priced Craftsman. https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-s...mbo-67831.html

I do have this one in my trailer, with the left hand add on drawers, https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-s...net-69387.html For me it makes at great work bench and storage. It is not light though. I am not sure what the weight is on it, but probably at least 250lbs.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
I was going to use this in my current trailer, but it was too tall for where I wanted to put it. I do have one in my shop, and it is way better then my similar priced Craftsman. https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-s...mbo-67831.html

I do have this one in my trailer, with the left hand add on drawers, https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-s...net-69387.html For me it makes at great work bench and storage. It is not light though. I am not sure what the weight is on it, but probably at least 250lbs.
How did you secure it for travel?
MattE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE View Post
I have E-track all the way around in my unit. I have some universal hangers that I welled some 1" strap to. I then drilled holes in the strap to put bolts though. On the left hand side of the cabinet there are factory holes and I used bolts there. In the face on one side I had to use anchors and and machine screws.

Has probably 10,000 miles on it now and has not moved.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #6

Quote:
I have E-track all the way around in my unit. I have some universal hangers that I welled some 1" strap to. I then drilled holes in the strap to put bolts though. On the left hand side of the cabinet there are factory holes and I used bolts there. In the face on one side I had to use anchors and and machine screws.

Has probably 10,000 miles on it now and has not moved.
sounds pretty solid! When we got our Carbon earlier this year, the DW said "we should try not to drill any holes in the garage walls to keep it nice for resale". I took it as a challenge and mounted a sheet of plywood along one wall by securing it with L brackets to the bed lift channels. I can bolt whatever I want to the plywood, including mounting bolts for my toolbox cart, but I have to get pretty creative to secure some stuff that sits on the floor (like my 35 gallon water barrel), thinking some E track would be really nice. How did you locate the studs to secure the E track along the walls?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
sounds pretty solid! When we got our Carbon earlier this year, the DW said "we should try not to drill any holes in the garage walls to keep it nice for resale". I took it as a challenge and mounted a sheet of plywood along one wall by securing it with L brackets to the bed lift channels. I can bolt whatever I want to the plywood, including mounting bolts for my toolbox cart, but I have to get pretty creative to secure some stuff that sits on the floor (like my 35 gallon water barrel), thinking some E track would be really nice. How did you locate the studs to secure the E track along the walls?
The nice thing about my set up is if I have to move it, I just have to take out 6 screws and roll it out.

This is my second unit I did E-track in and I really like it. It is so versatile for just about everything. My unit has a 22' garage and is meant for hauling cars so I am never sure what I will have in there. It can be a car, ATV's, Motorcycle, SCUBA gear, my gear for wildland fire, kids household items while moving, ect.

The E-track gives you tons of options, especially with all the different kinds of accessories they make. If you are creative at all you can make many more for all needs.

My unit came with 2, 20' tracks in the floor and I added a rail all the way around the garage about 1.5' off the floor to the midline. This works very well for all I do now. My last unit also had rail all the way around, but I also had vertical rails every 5' so I could mount other stuff.

Finding the studs in both were easy because the wall panels were screwed in, so just put them in the same spot. I use heavy self drilling like this, Hex Washer Head /Point 4# & 5# Self-Drilling Screws to secure them.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #8

Quote:
The nice thing about my set up is if I have to move it, I just have to take out 6 screws and roll it out.

This is my second unit I did E-track in and I really like it. It is so versatile for just about everything. My unit has a 22' garage and is meant for hauling cars so I am never sure what I will have in there. It can be a car, ATV's, Motorcycle, SCUBA gear, my gear for wildland fire, kids household items while moving, ect.

The E-track gives you tons of options, especially with all the different kinds of accessories they make. If you are creative at all you can make many more for all needs.

My unit came with 2, 20' tracks in the floor and I added a rail all the way around the garage about 1.5' off the floor to the midline. This works very well for all I do now. My last unit also had rail all the way around, but I also had vertical rails every 5' so I could mount other stuff.

Finding the studs in both were easy because the wall panels were screwed in, so just put them in the same spot. I use heavy self drilling like this, Hex Washer Head /Point 4# & 5# Self-Drilling Screws to secure them.
Great info, thank you!