Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 AM   #29

Hey Guys-
Griz-I'm sure your wife thinks I'm nuts too (Sometimes I wonder myself). I'd prefer to meet up after we get our new toy, but that won't be 'til August. I might be able to pull off a campsite visit (who could pass up the potential for some good BBQ), but I doubt you'll be seeing me if you meet up in the desert for a ride (Rod is always up for a ride whether it be a couple of hours or a couple of weeks). A 21 month old + desert - trailer = no fun for mom! But don't worry about me, and Sean, definately don't feel like a "dog turdd"--we don't get our feelings hurt that easily .Just let us know what ya'll decide to do and we'll figure something out.
xoxoxo,
Deb

P.S. Don't let Rod fool ya...he used to sleep in his truck all the time. That WW has spoiled him !

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 08:46 AM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Like I said earlier any weekend is good for me. I'm excited. Come on Deb you haft come your part of the fun here on IRV2. Besides aren't you on summer break this time of the year? If it matters my wife is a little shy and thinks I'm nuts when I drag her into things that involve meeting people for the first time. Your already one step ahead because you have posted here and already know how dang funny Fatdog and WWfan can be. My wife has no clue, she's watching tv when I'm on here. When I told here we might eat dinner with some people I met on a forum she thought I was nuts. I can't wait to here her say how nice that was on the trip home. Sometimes you just have to go for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Griz!! Man oh man...you got that problem too? Moski's not too keen on "meeting people off the internet" thing either...and she is usually watching TV in the house when I'm writing here- wow , just like too peas in a pod, ey? Mike, Clark, sound familiar?! And I loved the "I can't wait to here her say how nice that was on the trip home"...we'll be sure that come to fruition for ya!

And Deb...thanks much...but I know how I'd feel if I were the odd man out, and it bugged me...you know...maybe he oughtta sleep in the truck one more time just to have it fresh in his mind when you DO get the LE!

Looks like the weekend of the 16th-17th is gonna be good for all...now- where? Campground about 6,000ft, or WWFan RV Resort at 2800ft? (Moski will prefer the CG!).

Sean

Old 06-22-2005, 09:10 AM   #31

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
That IS funny how some of the spouses are 'concerned' about meeting up with some of the 'internet' campers we talk with. I know where they're coming from i guess.
Cordie tapped me on the sholder once and expressed the same sort of feeling.
And then I asked her who she DOES feel real comforatable camping with, and she said its all those loonies we have met while out at Glamis over the years or at Martinez Landing (on the Colorado River) and we both laughed. When you finally realize that some of your best camping buddies have been met while out at the Glam or at Martinez Landing (!!), brother either you're one sociable person or maybe some camping folk are just good people.

ahhh,... what do i know

(and melon, i just sent you a PM)

The weekend of 16-17 is good for us, i have ReserveAmerica on my other computer here at work,
i'm just not sure where Barton Flats is, but it is close enough for Cordie and me and we are the southern contingency here, so unless anyone else has any other suggestions???
Maybe theres a closer spot to people who are just coming up for a picnic? although again, i don't know where barton Flats is, so maybe it is a perfect location. Ideas?

and i would hope that no one would be bummed about not having their new trailer yet, just come on up for the day, for a BBQ, for the night and sleep in our trailer if you want, or in the back of your truck, rent one, come up for just a couple hours,...
its all good
Lets meet !!

We'll get a few campsites (how many?)

southern contingency is ready to roll..

And one other thing,
since this started out yesterday as just kind of a BBQ for a couple hours and sort of evolved into a 24 hour BBQ,
Wes from Verdi, and King Salami, and Sandy, and 56Nomad, and .... it would be great to have all of us get a little BBQ sauce on our shirts together. No one was left out, at first it was just a dine-and-dash to someones local backyard and now we're going to find some place to light a campfire for a night, maybe two.
All good.
Wes, got an inkling to argue good BBQ sauce recipes with the rest of these guys for a day?
King, Sandy, '56, TOMMY!, folks????
It may be too far to drive for some chow at dinner time, but there's a place at the picnic table and we'll leave the light on for ya' buddy

Mike, Cordie
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #32

Mike:

All good stuff!! Sure wish we were all closer together so a quick meet isn't such an issue! Kudos to Tom for throwing that Moab thing out there, though..that'll get us all together, ey?

Barton Flats is up the back way to Big Bear on Hwy 38... about 25 miles above Mentone/Redlands area...if you use this link, http://bigbear.us/campingf.html, and go to the San Gorgonio section, you'll notice there's a NRRS link, but for the San Gorgonio CG link, it takes ya to the Barton Flats CG also! You'll need to click on the link, and select San Gorgonio CG as the option there under "Site Search". The reason I tell you this is, with that little screwup on their part, you can see that it's harder for people to realize they're getting the wrong CG to look for reservations, hence, it's easier to reserve there. And San G is right next to Barton Flats (1/2 mile up the road).

What's everyone think? Mike: I've got notes on which spots are the best...call me before you make any reservations, OK?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #33

Sounds good to me. Thats only about 1.5 - 2 hours away, and I've driven farther for less. I'll work on Deb, but more than likely we will just come up for the day. I would rather do a short day trip so she can come, than an over night trip she wont come on.
I dont want to sound like a chick here, but is this pot-luck? Maybe I should leave this up to the cruise director.

BTW, that sure I nice of you all to open you doors to us. And no harm about taking off on the thread, it takes a lot more than they to offend me. Besides, these threads take off in all sorts of directions. Thats what they are for.

Keep me posted

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #34

OK NOW WERE TALKING!!!!!!!

Were in!!! Mike, Sean, either site is good, my Alfa is same general size so Sean figure out whats best. If either one of you can make a reservation for me also, I'll just pay ya back then. I'll probally take off the day before so I can get there and spend more time with ya'll. And yes, Robin thinks were all crazy But she loves meeting new people and loves to camp!!!

Once we have to location, lets talk what we need to bring for dinner

Call me if you need any info!!!

I'm excited

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:16 AM   #35

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Sounds good.!
You guys think that this place is close enough for Griz?

i'd say lets let people comment until maybe tommorrow morning, and then if it looks A-1, i could call up ReserveAmerica (?) if you want, and reserve (?) number of spots.
Sean, that is great that you have checked that place out and know the advantageous spots to get. That is a major help.

Ohhhh, and before i forget,
i sent melon a PM and kinda apologized for this dismantling of his thread. Looks like it was my doing. For good cause maybe...
but, still the same i think maybe I'll make an effort to at least keep the threads that really have a good technical basis on track,

and we are all going to insist that melon and the Griz each fire up their own new thread, or we'll do it for them, as their LE3505 gets close.
(thanks Sean for making me feel guilty ,)

but I think that all would admit, that there is a very unique chemistry among some very good people here, with input coming from all that bounces back and forth from high-tech, to good advice, to making sure one guy doesn't overlook important stuff while ordering new trailers, and also to enjoying the company of what I have found to be some really solid guys, some good people. Some good hard-working true-blue people who enjoy RV'ing, toyhaulin' bike-ridin, maybe toss down a steak, maybe a couple suds, ....
I for one really appreciate the fun I have here and the good company that you people all are!

and yea,.... i'll watch my thread stealin' from now on

And what was asked about the potluck,
that sounds good to me.
I'll supply the steaks or whatever people want, i'd love to do that.
I'll sure be interested in seeing what some of you guys cook up ,
the idea of.....Sean making a nice casserole,
or the Griz making ...

ahhhhh.... lets have a little fun, bring something, and it better not have a Vons price-tag on it,
i know that trick real good guys, been there done that !!!

Mike, Cordie
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:32 AM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
i'd say lets let people comment until maybe tommorrow morning, and then if it looks A-1, i could call up ReserveAmerica (?) if you want, and reserve (?) number of spots.
Sean, that is great that you have checked that place out and know the advantageous spots to get. That is a major help.

Mike, Cordie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do I get in on this love fest???
I checked reservations and they are indeed available (as previously mentioned). Never been there so I must ask.. Is it friendly to long trailers and large wheelbases?? I'm still new at this backing stuff and I need a country mile to get my **** in a spot... Sounds like fun..

\Noob

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #37

Sounds great to me. I'm Only 50 miles from WWfan
I was never blessed with the cooking gene. (Thats's why I have an Ice chest for more beer)Thank God my wife can cook. We will wip something up.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:08 PM   #38

Have a great time everyone. If we get our TH by then, we're going to go to the Mammoth gathering that weekend.

Thanks for the invite Mike.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do I get in on this love fest??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, sounds like a great time. While you'all are there having a ball, I'll have one, in memory, and hold the fort down.

You'all enjoy!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #40

Sounds like a fun trip. It's been a long time since I've been to Barton Flats. But, we will also be heading out to Mammoth with the other reprobates. You folks have a good time!

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #41

Thanks Diirk!

We'll have another one soon...you can catch that one, OK?

Sean
Old 06-22-2005, 08:48 PM   #42

Sounds good.
Anyone interested in Pismo in mid August?
I suppose I could start a new thread....

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote