Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #1

Getting close to pulling trigger..Newbie...any advice welcomed!

Hello all! Newbie here or almost! I've been lurking for a while and trying to learn as much as I can. Been thinking about this for a while and now I'm getting close to pulling trigger. My story: I'm single 44 yo male with full time job which requires me to travel (flying) weekly all over from Texas. Tired of coming home to the bricks and mortar to only fix stuff that I never use. So my plan or thinking was to get a bigger truck and mid size (35-36fter) toy hauler 5er and travel around while working and move from time to time. I just need to be close to accessible airport for work travel. I'm an avid outdoorsman and thus the reason for toy hauler but will be living part time in it as well until I get the house sold while traveling around. So I just completed the first big stage of truck purchase: 2012 Ford F350 Dually...it's a beast and love it! So I know I'm covered on pull power and now looking at toy haulers in that 35-36 ft range. I've looked at several: Cyclone, Fuzion, Raptor, Voltage.... I'm really looking/leaning towards the Voltage 3200 or 3105. Has a lot of really good features, floor plan, and from what I can tell and hear good quality. Would welcome any feed back on this unit or others that I should be looking at in similar size range and quality. Also welcome any advice in general for a soon to be newbie on the open road! Looking forward to it.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Peterson Industries/Excel also makes a stuff hauler called Wild Cargo. . Check them out at http://www.excelrvs.com/5th-wheels/excel-wild-cargo

Old 08-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to cdfdonnie
We just took delivery of our 2013 Voltage 3200 Epic, and we LOVE IT. We bought it at Holman RV, and we could not be any happier with the deal, and everyone we came into contact with at the dealer. I would highly recommend both the 3200 Epic and Holman RV.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #4

I think you will outgrow the 3200 in the first month. You have a 350 drw so you can get anything. I would highly recommend you go up to at least the Voltage 3600 or 3800. I got the 3950 because I did not want to regret having too small a unit that you cant return!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman007
I think you will outgrow the 3200 in the first month. You have a 350 drw so you can get anything. I would highly recommend you go up to at least the Voltage 3600 or 3800. I got the 3950 because I did not want to regret having too small a unit that you cant return!
Thanks for the advice... I've been back and forth on this. My thought was since I'm single and will be doing a lot of hunting and such I wanted to stay smaller... Nimble and quick... and be able to maneuver around in limited spaces better. I hear what your saying though and will look at this again...... Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to cdfdonnie
We walked through all of the Voltage's as well as the other manufacture's unit's that Holman RV had on their lot, and since they are a wholesaler they have a lot of different manufacturers and models. I will admit the 3600 was very nice, but it's just my wife and I, and we wanted to be able to go to places that you just can't get the larger models. Another thing you have to consider is that it is just you, and even though they have made these units much easier to set up and break down, it's still a lot of work. Lastly as far as how much room you'll have in the 3200. My wife and I plan on spending the winters in Florida in ours, and so far we haven't had any problems running over top of each other. There is plenty of room for she and I.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #7

We have a 3905 Voltage that we purchased at Holman RV and highly recommend both. It is almost 43 foot long but so far we have been able to get everywhere we wanted to go and the added storage makes it so easy to pack and unpack. We just returned from 24 days in Colorado, south Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa and longer would have been great. We both camped with hook-ups and without and found this TH capable in both cases. The large holding tanks and fuel tanks really made life a lot easier. Happy shopping.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
make sure you get a rig suited and approved for full time living. Look at Excel Wild Cargo,,, High end full time rig.