Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 AM   #1

I am getting my FS2300 ready for the cold nights at the hunting camp.
In the last week I have added the Anti-freeze pump kit and the water heater by-pass kit. I still have a minor water leak after the installation of the by-pass kit that I need to fix. Man, what a chore putting those two kits in was. In the FS2300 it is a tight fit between the back of the water heater and the drawer under the front bed. I had to shorten three water hose connections, move the pump and turn one of the T fittings 90 deg. to clear the drawer when I put it back in.
I also added the Iota IQ4 controller for the converter/charger, that was a piece of cake.
Deer season starts this Saturday. I won't be taking the Warrior on this trip because we are only staying one night, we have a large tent we keep at the camp for short/warm weather stays. The following weekend I will take the WW for a 4 night stay then I will be taking it back Thanksgiving weekend for a 10 day hunt.
Is it Satruday yet?

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 AM   #2

I am getting my FS2300 ready for the cold nights at the hunting camp.
In the last week I have added the Anti-freeze pump kit and the water heater by-pass kit. I still have a minor water leak after the installation of the by-pass kit that I need to fix. Man, what a chore putting those two kits in was. In the FS2300 it is a tight fit between the back of the water heater and the drawer under the front bed. I had to shorten three water hose connections, move the pump and turn one of the T fittings 90 deg. to clear the drawer when I put it back in.
I also added the Iota IQ4 controller for the converter/charger, that was a piece of cake.
Deer season starts this Saturday. I won't be taking the Warrior on this trip because we are only staying one night, we have a large tent we keep at the camp for short/warm weather stays. The following weekend I will take the WW for a 4 night stay then I will be taking it back Thanksgiving weekend for a 10 day hunt.
Is it Satruday yet?

TB

WW FS2300
Old 11-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #3

TB, Livin' in California, we never have had to worry much about winterizing our trailer, but I noticed that WW started offing the double walled water tanks last year. I didn't get them but I wounder if you did and what you think of them. It does get preatty cold out in the desert at night when we camp, but not cold enough to freeze 100 gallons of water. However, we have been some places in the summer that I would worry about if we were there in the winter.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #4

Rod, don't believe I got any double walled tanks. I don't think I will have to worry about winterizing until maybe December but we do have a saying here - "If you don't like the weather in Texas....wait a minute." Just plan to be prepared.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 11-05-2005, 04:42 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Got the bypass kits too and that's one of my weekend chores to get done. Yet another thing that should be a standard feature IMO!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I wonder the same thing TY. Although my neighbor just got a Zepplin by Keystone and it does have a factory water heater by pass and I helped him install the water pump kit. Here locally the heater bypass is under $20 and pump kit $12, you know the factory cost would be much less so it's not big bucks. Go Figure!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:07 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
My WW was almost a cake walk to install the bypass kits. A bit tight to get regular tools in there but I got it to fit with out cutting or any trips to Home Depot! Heating up the lines helped let them take on a slightly new bend as they were pretty stiff at 35 deg.

Would have been easier if the valves were actually marked like the instructions indicated ... but no! I had to get creative and figure out how they needed to be oriented.

On my last ordeal with these in my 1983 motorhome I had as much coin into fittings, adaptors and such as the kits themselves. A bunch of cutting and rigging went on there to finally get it right!

Work'n hard to be lazy!