Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey man, hope it all goes OK. We will expect pictures. Get your cyber camera working and get ready for some heavy duty rassing. GO GET IT!!!!

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey man, hope it all goes OK. We will expect pictures. Get your cyber camera working and get ready for some heavy duty rassing. GO GET IT!!!!

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:58 AM   #3

The dealer opens up in 2 minutes
Old 04-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #4

Alright...time for 'Dad' to cough up some details!

Calling all FatDogs!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:41 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
http://irv2.com/photopost/data/516/2219FatDogPound.jpg

it is a nice model!
and i am ready to go out and hit the trails

i am sorta blocking traffic out in the middle of the thin street i live on while i toss all the boxes of stuff i had from my other trailer into it, some of my neighbors up the hill just have very little sense of humor when it comes to not being able to drive to their house,

and i understand the systems on it now pretty well after spending a while at the dealer, although i tell you i almost think it is a 2 man job these days to PDI. i guess all dealers have to keep their costs down which is something we all benefit from, but it sure would be nice if they really had one guy there who knew it all when it came to questions.
it will take a shake down cruise, but all systems appear to be 10-4
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #6

Man...purdy darn nice! I expected ALOT more verbage and venacular on that post, though! And one picture- I thought that thing had 4 sides and a couple of rooms that you could've burnt a whole disk for us!

OK..OK...how long was the PDI...the "initial" shakedown? And how did she pull?

And the neighbors? Tell em when they get theirs, you expect the same!

I especially liked the "FatDogPound" picture name...you gotta be pretty proud of that new kennel!

Sean
Old 04-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #7

i just ran into the house for a minute, i have to move the railer out of the middle of the street before dark and someone drives right thru the middle of it,
but the PDI was short, WAY too short for someone who didn't know trailers well, i took a couple hours. a lot of the systems are the same but a lot have changed especially the elec. this one has 50 amp service as versus 30 and there is a handful of new fuses and ones i had gotten used to finding in the dark have been, of course, moved.
the ONAN 5500 has 2 30 amp breakers in the main elec panel and no longer has a fuse in its cabinet. (that one took me a hour to find once in the dark at 1a.m. out at Glamis)
i blew a breaker at the dealer today while running the AC on ONAN power, gotta let the gen rev down for a minute if you are going to flip the AC switch off and on quickly. that toggled one of the 30 amp main switches.
i got two 6 volt golf cart batts today although i haven't put them in yet, i used a dealer batt for the PDI
the LE models have a prety neat 'accent' lights over the kitchen area in case i want to use 'accent' lights which i am not positive right now when you use 'accent' light but feel sure that i will find out

and here is a nifty:
When you open the rear hatch door to bring in bikes, it turns on a light back there kinda like opening up a car door at night. there is a little switch on the rear ramp door that powers the rear inside light when you open the ramp. now THAT i WILL use.

the reefer is bigger then the last one i had

and what i am really stoked with is that the faucets appear to be going in the direction of REAL faucets. the kitchen sink faucet has a micro filter underneath the sink, (there also is a nifty trash can under there), the hanger for the shower faucet is now metal instead of plastic (you think?????), and there is a sprayer wand for the toilet (isn't that a French option or something like that?), and the storage is phenominally improved from the LE model a couple years ago.

i am going to go thru it a list all my 'yeas' and 'nays', but for right now i have to go and ask the lady out in front of my house to quit honking her horn, either that or maybe i should go move the thing a little bit
Old 04-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #8

OK...now that's getting better...we need details...details...details...

Had to think..."i have to move the [t]railer out of the middle of the street before dark and someone drives right thru the middle of it"...wouldn't that be funny if you had the ramp down, and all of a sudden they found themselves running into a kitchen? "Wher'd that darn kitchen come from, Mildred?"

We just gotta talk to WW about doing that shell game with the fuses...

And the Accent Lights? That is just the 'creme a la creme'...who needs the Erotica Palace when you've got accent lights? I just hope there's no vibration monitors that turn on the porch lights when the trailer's movin...

I gotta tell this story about the faucets, and specifically the direction of water flow...I should post this in the "Problems, Solutions" forum, but...we discovered a while ago that when we are on city water, for some reason the system reverses itself...hot spigot is cold and cold is hot. Not too bad, until you gotta pre-fill the toilet with water..then you REALLY need the Lysol (but it helps the TP to do it's job). Maybe WW has made that a standard- kinda like the "boovay" thing (couldn't get anywhere to spelling that correctly so you're on your own!). I've heard it could something to do with the WH check-valve, but since we rarely are in hookups, we've lived with it.

Go ahead and keep runnin' out there to have something else to tell us, but turn on the emergency flashers to let everyone know you're 'parked', OK?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:08 PM   #9

Mike,

Congrats on the trailer. Are you and Cordie going to sleep in it tonight? It's always nice to get a new toy. BTW, what in the weight of it empty? Just curious.

Enjoy, Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #10

Sean,

When are you getting your new one?

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #11

OOOhhhh...good idea Clark...got ta see just how effective the mood lighting is!!

Mke- we'll expect a report sometime tomorrow, OK?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #12

shell game with the fuses is just what went thru my head too,
but they seem to be in the direction of improvement, so i just have to go out there tommorrow morning in the light and figure out the layout
WW now has a 2 faced (doored) elec panel on all their models except the SuperLights, from what i understand. The outside door to the elec box still has the fuses and the two main 30 amp breakers, and all the sub-breakers are on the other side of that panel which puts them underneath the oven i think it was (i can't remember the exact layout but by tommorow morn i will have it down). that is handy if you blow one, you no longer have to walk outside and around to the other side of the trailer in the spooky dark. (that should make Cordie happy , alright, alright, i was the one who got out and did it)

hi Clark!
and yea, sleeping in it is usually our game plan, but i got back too late to go thru it all, don't even have the batteries in it yet, so i will just stand outside by it all night and talk to it.
and its weight was a surprise to me. i will bring it to a CAT scale this week once i get a sort of 'typical' load in it (minus any bikes) but the panel said something like 9750 out the door. i am going to grab my flashlight and go back out and look at that again, WW has a new inside weight label which gives a different view of the weights then my last one, i think this one tied in some 'wet' as well (some water & gas), but still is is heavier then the last one. i'm guessing the slide comes with a weight addition . overall i remember thinking i had a 4000 pound leeway for 'stuff' on the inside and i did a real quick addition of my 'stuff' in my head as the PDI guy was talking to me. you can get to 4000 without a real huge effort, but we also travel without bikes about hald the time.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #13

Mike:

I suggest you get it to a scale BEFORE you put ANYTHING in it (leave the Shelf-doubler in it, OK?)...first: you need to know what it weights vs. "delivered weight" (do you see that on your docs?). Second: after you got your stuff in it, weight it again (before water, fuel, etc). You'll be amazed at just how much crap you put in it.

Remember, unless you wanna take all that stuff out at the scales (a PERFECT way to get intro'd to the truck drivers just wanting to get over with the weighing thing so they can shower) and load it back up, you'll never get another chance!!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:13 PM   #14

good idea,
i will weigh it brand spankin' new,
and THEN start my filler'up time.
i don't want to get on the wrong side of some long haul driver who would just as soon run over my rig if he saw me taking my blankets and footstools out