Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #29

So we spent some time looking at this model while at the Tampa super RV show in January.

Pros: - front living area was spacious, well laid out comfy and cool - Full size dining table for 4, kitchen and appliances , pantry all functional - bath room was spacious enough for my 6 ft frame to use the fixtures - garage was plenty big enough for the Harley, had to stoop a little but its a garage. bed room was tall enough , no problem for head room.

Cons: cant access toilet or bed with slides in...WD hook ups in the kitchen. cant get a king size bed...

It would work for us but there would be some compromise, the inabaility to access the toilet and bed with the slides in could be a deal breaker however
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #30

I'm 6-2 and have plenty of room. After looking at all the floor plans I had narrowed it down to the GD or the Jayco Seismic 4250. Once I had seen both of them in person the GD won hands down because of the floor plan layout. Granted it is a small in convince not to be able to get to the bathroom but that has not been an issue. I really do love all the living area that we have and I have had my family come visit us (they did not stay overnight) and there was plenty of room to entertain and not be crowded. That was a total of 8 people and 3 dogs.
jamesr3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #31

yes head room was not the issue, accept in the garage but it's a non factor due to the limited time spent there.
yes the unit has plenty of space for living and using the fixtures., It will be just the wife and I 99% of the time - we plan on being on the road 6-8 months out of the year and the remainder of the year spent at our residence in South Florida.
We plan on travel to multiple destations in that 6-8 month window each year, and it is the transistion time period of being on the road from point A to B that has me concerned about not being able to accessing the bed and bath with slides in as we will surely be doing some parking lot overnights while in route to destinations, hence why it may be a deal breaker for us... even though the price on this unit was well below 100K and well below our max budget of 200K its still a lot of compromise.

So we are thinking of taking this floor plan concept with the things we like, lower level garage, front living room, full size dining table...to a custom builder such as Augusta or Spacecraft to see if they can eliminate the things we don't like and incorporate our needs..access to bed and bath with slides in, need laundry in the bed or bath, want king size bed... we could give up the full size dining and island in the kitchen if we had to in order to achieve our other needs..but if we are going to spend up to 200k then our compromises should be minimal to meet our expectations
Old 05-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #32

Thinking of buying GD 376th

Just joined this forum, starting my research etc. Know this is an old post but hoping some people are stilling following.
Wife and I looked at a bunch of GDs today. Both really like the 376. We are absolutely new to RV world. So a few questions:
1. I really want to be able to go into some nice secluded places in the woods but am concerned about the ground clearance of this model. I understand not going 4 wheeling but what should I expect?

2. Big reason the wife and I are doing this is to take both our HD bikes (Street glide and her softtail slim), will they both fit? I saw one post about getting the front wheel blocks, what going to do that. Just brought the measurements home today so will measure but wanted to get a feel if it will actually work.

3. Also what is the ideal truck to pull this, she wants the washer/dryer etc so with the 2 bikes we will be close on weight.

Thanks in advance
abnpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:48 AM   #33

My 2 cents...

Ground clearance- 16 inch tires...figure no more than 8 inches? GD kinda sucks at giving dimensions in their specs on a lot of things, ground clearance being one of them... - more of a concern would be having a tow truck number on hand and cell service with that big of a rig and the weight your going to get stuck back in the woods.. keep it on gravel / pavement - also keep in mind that rig is more designed for hook ups than for boondocking...and why have street bikes in the woods?.

Garage - think your hard pressed to get 2 Harleys in there, the photo on their web site shows 2 dirt bikes in there and its tight...think you need the model with the bigger garage for 2 bikes that size...

Tow vehicle - with a UVW at 16,000 on the trailer then adding 2 bikes , W/D, gear, fuel, liquids in the tanks, clothes, supplys etc your going to be hitting the 20,000 GVW real quick - so you need a truck that can minimally tow 20k with a pin weight of 4k, then of course the max GVWR rating of the truck has to be considered....maybe a 1 ton 350 or 3500 will "fit" those numbers and pull it, but you still gotta stop it , I would prefer some margin for error, bigger brakes, heavy springs, etc.. so I would go at least to a f450... I'm sure the weight police can chime in here...

Good luck, post back what you end of doing....
Old 05-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #34

We love our 376. You will only be able to get one bike in the garage and I pull mine with a 2015 F350 2wd dually. About the off road i cannot advise you on.
jamesr3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr3406 View Post
We love our 376. You will only be able to get one bike in the garage and I pull mine with a 2015 F350 2wd dually. About the off road i cannot advise you on.
I am also very interested in the 376TH. The forward living room and the small garage are what do it for me. Please continue to update us all (or me personally via DM) with your experiences with this rig.

Is this unit customizable at all? I was thinking that it would be cool to replace one of the sofas with a desk to have some workspace - especially since I won't often need seating for 8.

Thanks for the info you have provided so far.

-Eric
erictomlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:07 AM   #36

There are some pictures on the GD owners forum of a guy who removed one of the couches and put in a little desk and chest of drawers from IKEA, looks pretty nice.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:05 AM   #37

We have had the 376TH for about a month now and have really enjoyed the rig. We have not had really any major issues.

Our Pros The front living room is a great feature for us. A lot of seating to have guest over and comfortable chairs.

We did get our Can-AM Spyder to fit the garage with about a 1/4 inch on each side. We had to move the fire extinguisher and the vent plate to get that last 1/2 inch but the Spyder does fit.

It towed very smooth with a Chevy 3500, LongBed, DRW 4x4 and an Andersen hitch. We did have to turn the Andersen pinbox adapter to the rear to get the clearance when in tight turns it did not rub the top of the bed slides.

Our model has the fixed bed so no opening to the garage underneath.

We have the two AC and the heat pump in the kitchen. This has worked great keeping the rig cool in the AZ days and warm when the temps drop to the 40s at night.

We did install a stacked washer and dryer. We had to remove one of the moldings to get them in and replaced after they were installed in the pantry. The water connections are a bit difficult to use and cheap plastic.

Front door has a bit of a curve to it that makes it hard to close and latch,

We have lived in the rig fulltime for 3 of the 4 weeks and have storage to spare.

The genset will run all three units and have amps to spare so pleased with the off grid performance if needed.

The change to the location of the dump handles is great and works very good.

We have the Command center and thought the phone ap was a bit of a gimmick but find it very useful to be able to control so many of the functions from our phones standing outside of the unit.

The cons

There is little room to change in the bedroom. Yes you can walk around the bed on both sides but no area for dressing. We are OK as the something had to give for the underbed garage we love.

Coming from a king size bed to the queen was an adjustment but not a big deal for us.

Not really a con but with all the storage above and below it is very easy to get overweight. We are heavy and will be getting weighed next week. I think we will be close if not over. We will probably be switching out to the disc brakes for added braking power and ease of mind.

We are very pleased with the rig and the support we have received from Grand Design even if it was user error they were gracious and helped us out.

I get how it is not for everyone but the 376TH sure fit our needs and more for a couple traveling fulltime.

Brewers
breweraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:26 PM   #38

I just purchased the 394 and so far so good. The quality is really good, on par with my fusion if now better. Congrats
iambigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #39

I’m not sure if it is the same beast, but my 385TH accommodates 2 full size Harley’s easily, and I pull it nicely with and F350 single wheel with air bags, and have no problems stopping the beast...
MAINE BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:24 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE BOY View Post
I’m not sure if it is the same beast, but my 385TH accommodates 2 full size Harley’s easily, and I pull it nicely with and F350 single wheel with air bags, and have no problems stopping the beast...
So is'nt the 376TH is the only front living room toy hauler model from GD? I don't think they even make the 385TH any more, maybe 2016 was the last year ? So yes it's a different beast....

Also regarding that you don't mention the year and configuration of your F350 SW that is towing 19,500 and pin of 3300...let me guess you needed the air bags because the truck was squatting ... and another guess would be that with 2 full size HD and whatever other gear you carry you are also above the 3770 cargo capacity of the 5ver..but perhaps you have already done the math and you have no liability regarding "nice pulling and no problems stopping" for the sake of those on the road with you I Hope so.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
So is'nt the 376TH is the only front living room toy hauler model from GD? I don't think they even make the 385TH any more, maybe 2016 was the last year ? So yes it's a different beast....

Also regarding that you don't mention the year and configuration of your F350 SW that is towing 19,500 and pin of 3300...let me guess you needed the air bags because the truck was squatting ... and another guess would be that with 2 full size HD and whatever other gear you carry you are also above the 3770 cargo capacity of the 5ver..but perhaps you have already done the math and you have no liability regarding "nice pulling and no problems stopping" for the sake of those on the road with you I Hope so.

I put air bags on just to help stability, it towed fine, I have added cold air return and chip, pulls like a beast, and yes it only single wheels not a fully, no problems whatsoever, love the whole setup, it’s just frigging long is all....
MAINE BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE BOY View Post
I put air bags on just to help stability, it towed fine, I have added cold air return and chip, pulls like a beast, and yes it only single wheels not a fully, no problems whatsoever, love the whole setup, it’s just frigging long is all....
no doubt it will pull it.... and no doubt you have exceeded the published capacity of the truck and probably the 5ver with two full dressers... and no doubt your problems will eventually surface...

Do yourself, your family, your fellow drivers, your truck and trailer a favor and weight your setup on a cat scale and compare it to the stickers and ratings for your vehicles. Then you can say "no problems whatsoever"

Tags
momentum