Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #1

Another Mod checked off on the LE Mod list.
Seperated the tanks today. I now can fill either one or both and use either one or both or drain either one or both. That about covers it

The Parts were $35.00 at the local plumbing store.
And the finished product

I caped the front tank water outlet and moved the line to between my valves. Now I can pump water from either tank or both.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #2

Another Mod checked off on the LE Mod list.
Seperated the tanks today. I now can fill either one or both and use either one or both or drain either one or both. That about covers it

The Parts were $35.00 at the local plumbing store.
And the finished product

I caped the front tank water outlet and moved the line to between my valves. Now I can pump water from either tank or both.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 08-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I like it! And now you can attach a hose and drain the tanks water to somewhere other than around the rig. Great job!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #4

HB I thought of that in the planing. First time I pulled that 2" gate valve it was like a fire hydrant.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #5

Oh Boy Howie going to be upset when he see's that fancy set-up. Look's great griz.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #6

there Griz!!

Man...Howie IS gonna be surprised! That one pic of the setup complete is magnificent!

Now you did all of this on the passenger side where it drains, right?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #7

Yes I put two 45 degree elbows on the 1.5" comming out of the tanks to lower the whole assemble below the frame and then reduced the 1.5" drain from both tanks to 1" and installed two 1" ball valves. Used a 1" four way tee in the middle and PVC to 1/2" pipe on the outboard side so I could spin the water bib on. Then 3" X 1/2 pipe fiting on the inboard side for the water pump pickup to screw on to. put a small ball valve there also for GP. I think its gonna work great. Just gives me the option to do more things with the water supply if I feel the need.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Don. as I said it's a great Mod. Just one thing I would add is a water pump converter right where the black nipple adjoins the original water feed. The kit is less that $15 and then if there is ever the need to winterize you'll be ready. But either way it's a goodun.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #9

HB couldn't I just use a old cut off garden hose and stick it in a 5 gal Bucket that I have poured 3 Gal of the pink stuff in. Close all my valves except the water inlet and pump it through? Of coarse I would do the Hot water bypass first.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, Don. You are absolutly correct; with that mod there should be no need for a pump valve. Jusy connect a hose and pump from the antifreeze bottle.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don. as I said it's a great Mod. Just one thing I would add is a water pump converter right where the black nipple adjoins the original water feed. The kit is less that $15 and then if there is ever the need to winterize you'll be ready. But either way it's a goodun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">HB couldn't I just use a old cut off garden hose and stick it in a 5 gal Bucket that I have poured 3 Gal of the pink stuff in. Close all my valves except the water inlet and pump it through? Of coarse I would do the Hot water bypass first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, Don. You are absolutly correct; with that mod there should be no need for a pump valve. Jusy connect a hose and pump from the antifreeze bottle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK...I'm perplexed. Why wouldn't you get pour the pink stuff down one of the drains? Why go the enema route?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #12

Griz-
Very impressive (even for someone who really isn't sure what she is looking at ). I am sure Rod will be very excited to see your latest mod. Keep up the great work!

xoxoxo,
Deb

PS
"Hi" to Jen for me.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #13

Deb How are you? Have you started school Yet? My kids did YEAH! So how is that LE doing? Any Mods from a womens point of view I should suprize my wife with?

Sean You pour 3 or 4 gallons of pinkstuff in the tank and you might only pump 1 or 2 of it. bottom of the tank is flat you will never get every last drop. Pumping it from the bottle is the best way. Of course its only $3-5 dollars these days but I remember 25 years ago when it was very $$$ $8-15! You and I will never need it down here but if you ever move north.....Knowledge is power!

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any Mods from a womens point of view I should suprize my wife with? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Somehow Don, after meeting you, I'd be very surprised if Jennifer was surprised at anything you do!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sean You pour 3 or 4 gallons of pinkstuff in the tank and you might only pump 1 or 2 of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what is perplexing me...are you talking about the challenge of getting rid of it all after de-winterizing, or is the challenge to get it mixed within the whole system?

Tags
heartland