Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Hang-ups and Wish-I-Wouldas

Hey all!
A new question. Hopefully this will be good for other new RV shoppers as well.

Was their any single FEATURE that you were looking for in your first RV, that you were hung up on trying to find? And did it live up to your expectations?

Example: My hang-up right now is having a sliding glass door to the garage. That one feature is dictating a lot of my decisions. I am hoping it will be worth it.

Was there any one feature in your RV that you wish-you-would have gotten, if you could go back and do it again?

Any input much appreciated.

TwoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many Toy Haulers we have seen have an open floor plan from the front to the garage ramp.

That was a no-go for us. We much prefer the separate garage with an interior wall/door, because of the way we use the garage (day kennel or shop - or roll-out the carpet for a guest room or sun-room when the ramp is deployed as a patio, etc.)

While we can see how the unbroken floor plan makes for an amazing open space running from the salon (kitchen/dining/living area) all the way to the rear multi-purpose space of the garage...it would not work for us.

The glass sliding door between any mid-room and the garage seems like a nice option...door open for a huge space through to the rear - or door closed/blind up for daytime use and to contain AirCon - or door and blind closed after lights out.

For Wishes - We wish the RV came with a roof hatch. It is not an option on our model, but could be an owner mod. Had a hatch on an old Class C and loved it. A hatch would surely beat an exterior ladder.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
Rexhall Owners Group
Not wanting a toy hauler, but a class A that we could travel in, and snow bird the long winter nights in a warm climate. Our big must have, ( hang up ? ) was a living room TV that was directly across from the main seating area. This was common on fifth wheels, and newer high end diesels, but most used gassers had the entertainment located in an area that would lead to stiff necks and sore backs. When we found one with the mid coach TV and that came with a Banks system already installed, we drove across the country to get it, and have never been sorry.
2003 Rexhall Rexair, 3550 Ford V10 with Banks
2014 Honda CRV-AWD via Blue Ox
Travel with SWMBO and Golden Doodle co pilot
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote