Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #1

Grabed the TH today and it was a day of fine tuning and moding. Mounted some towel hooks in the bathroom. Mounted a 4" tube for the slinky between the holding tanks and my favorite was geting rid of the flexable heater ducts that were in my way every time I pulled somthing out of the front storage compartment.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #2

Grabed the TH today and it was a day of fine tuning and moding. Mounted some towel hooks in the bathroom. Mounted a 4" tube for the slinky between the holding tanks and my favorite was geting rid of the flexable heater ducts that were in my way every time I pulled somthing out of the front storage compartment.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 09-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #3

Good job Griz......looks great.

As hot as it's been there you probably can't imagine ever needing that heater.

We had a high of 63 degrees here today....Brrrr.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #4

Griz,

Looks clean and it appears you have added some room. I just can't understand why heater ducts are run where they will get damaged. Sometimes you just have to wonder what was going throught the designers head

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #5

The desert is calling!!! It won't be long!!!! I was in the TH tonight partaking in some adult beberages and the outside thermo said 69*. Was very pleasant here today and even crawling around the TH I did not sweat. Can you say riding season!!!!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 09-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #6

Griz,
Long time no talk, how are you buddy?
The mod looks great. I know that will hold up to the abuse better than the flex hose. I realized this weekend how easy it could be to tear that crapy flex hose if your in a hurry or one of your friends has had a little too much to drink and needs to get a table out. That is going to be something I might have to look into.

BTA all, beautiful weather all this weekend at Bell Mountain. I think it got up to a high of 77 on Saturady. I got to use the heater this morning for the first time the take the chill off. Riding season is here as far as I'm conserned.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:42 PM   #7

Griz,

Nice install....

I'm waiting for a good sheetmetal guy to
make their mod. and post pictures.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Nice retro Don. Here is a simple way to keep those cranks off the basement floor. Cost $2.99.

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:46 AM   #9

Hey Dave!!! Good to see ya this morning!! And you too Grizzy Baby!!

That's exactly what I've got planned to do...don't have the Heater Duct issue, so on to bigger and better things!!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:05 AM   #10

Hi gang. Seems like we have all had a little lull around here. Good tool mounts HB. Todays project is to hard wire the inverter in. So its off to Home Depot once again. Might have to pick me up some of those. Looking for a Key holder also. Need to find out where High Deasert found that matching billit strip he used. That looks sharp.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 09-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Top of the mornin Sean! Folks are up and at'em early this morn. Got the water heater bypass put on Friday. The wx folks are saying we are going to have a cooler than normal winter. Was at the local Ace yesterday looking at galvanized 4" heater duct to cover the plastic stuff. It comes open so you can make the cover and snap it shut then secure it.
Speaking of WW heaters, do all the 5ers have the cold air return behind the steps? What a bad design. The heater needs a good supply of air to function right. I'm going to put a grill on the step riser and in front of the heater to provide more return air. Course it ain't an issue for SOCal is it??
Old 09-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Griz, those pictures I posted last week of my inverter, I said the wire was 8AVG, it's in fact 0AVG. Might be an over kill tho.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #13

HB I had to move the steps to get in there and mod the ducts so I could Couple the 3" flex to 2" ABS. That vent lets a lot of air in and is about 2" away from the steps. I think it has plenty of breathing room. It just is an optical illusion looking at it with those steps where they are. What I found most that made me go hmmm was all the sawdust left in their and where the water heater is too. I sucked it out with the shop vac. Nothing like leaving sawdust around where gas appliances are. Sometimes you just wonder how much pride these manufactures have.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 09-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your're right about the house keeping, or lack of it. When I removed the wall to get to the water heater there was a pile of trash. And the WH control module sitting in the middle of it. It, supposed to be mounted on top of the heater case. I had to vacume the metal shavings out of the module for G** sake. It may be a lack of concern by the mfg's, but in my view good management starts in the trenches.