Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #15

Twvette:
Don't feel bad, it really sucks! Slow as a snail on a salty sidewalk. Handles like a garbage truck. I never should have sold my 660.

Really....

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2005, 03:16 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
the more traditional blue one, or the quick as sunlight silver one ?

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Twvette, welcome to the bestest funest toy hauler forum there be. I'm new here myself but all these veteran haulers will give you the guidance you need. My personal input would be not to over look good used equipment. I aquired an '05 WW just a few weeks ago that hads only been in service about 6 months. It's essentially new with many owner addons. In our local paper today there is an '03 Desert Fox & an '06 WW both at good prices. So check local resourse; you might find just what you are looking for. Good luck in your search. And don't forget to keep us posted. Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #18

Dave,

Did you take the trailer out yet? I know you were talking about going to Crater Lake. I really want to get back up there to Crater Lake, just can't seem to fit it in right now.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Clark I sure wish I could say we had been out, but I can't. I called Crater Lake and they have been packed so we will wait until after labor day. It's also been so hot that going somewhere below 5000feet would be uncomfortable. I have taken the LE for a drive though. Went for a jog to see how it pulled,done good, and to tweak the brake controller. And get used to pulling a fiver. We are anxious for our first trip. Until then I have it in the driveway and am pretending.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:52 PM   #20

I really like the weekend warrior. BUT as a Rampage owner I must be faithful and recommend one to you. Be SURE and check out the virtual factory tour. gOOd luck...

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
the more traditional blue one, or the quick as sunlight silver one ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yamaha Blue all the way!!!!

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #22

twvwtte,
Just a thought as well. Remeber, you can alway rent one for the weekend and see what you like as far as features. Also (I know it's a drag) but you can always resale the one you get in a year or two, sort of like a tester one to see what you like. Heck, you might do that anyway just so you get your foot in the door, then still search around and fall in love with another. That may be what you want to do if time is a factor. Just a thought.

Rod Bogart

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:35 AM   #23

good idea on the rental too ..
.. coming from all us guys that have bought and sold a number of ToyHaulers before ... it costs money to fine tune your choice of the perfect 'hauler, when you do it by buying and selling. Research is free.

ideas like that are why these guys at the 'RV Investigation Firm of Bogart, Bogart, and Bogart' are so good:
Old 08-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #24

Mike you slay me.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #25

More input please ...

The Raptor is looking like its out of my range probably

The WW is close to being out of range but I am going to go see what I can do tomorrow or might go used.

The Ragen I think is too heavy.

The Rampage's are next to impossible to find and they said they are having parts/backorder issues which also scares me a little ... if ordering probably 1 to 2 months out they said.

So, give me two more highly regarded ones to check out.

I think I will look at Extreme ... who else has good "bang for the buck" and high resale (just incase

Another question ... do I need to flip the axles with '05 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4 plus I sit up about an inch higher with aftermarket wheels/tires.

Thanks a 3/4 ton ....
Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #26

twvette - have you looked at KZ? For the weight, price, quality, customer service and ... just plain being different from all of the WW fans, you might find you like them. LOL.

We went through the same thing not all that long ago. We had a Tailgator -- never had any problems with it -- just wasn't for us.

I looked at everything! And ... I mean everthing. It took us about 6 months to narrow the search down and another 6 to decide. We wanted to stay around 30 ft and wanted something more like a TT inside. I really wanted a separate garage. We haul 2 quads and 4 bikes minimum. You can get pretty creative w/ space in a garage LOL.

In any event, we are happy w/ our purchase. The only problem we've had was that they delivered w/o the extra bed in the garage -- it's on order now. We've been through it w/ a fine-tooth comb and taken it out a couple of times just to make sure. So far, so good.

Keep us posted!

KZ 29P
JAguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:32 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well sir;; I looked at the Desert fox I menthioned before. It's a nice coach. Built by Nash,regarded as a quality builder. You might also check Sunnybrook/Mobile Scout. They're into TH now. We had a Mobile Scout TT and it was a nicely built rig.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #28

Dave,
how are you liking your trailer that you have now? ( LE-3105 )
You have had a good amount of trailers in your time, and you know your way around them well.
I firmly feel that there is NOT one brand that is really too far ahead of all of the others.
But you bought your trailer (very slightly) used.
You went about it a good way.
You still loving that thing? (no doubt)

Tags
kz-rv