Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
HELP! Stereo wiring problem

I need some help. My stereo inside my WW quit working. Took stereo out and hook up to car battery and it works. Checking my wiring inside the TH I have power to red wire but no power to yellow wire. All the wiring goes behind the slide out and down somewhere. Anybody have any ideas on where I need to check why I have no power to yellow wire. I have check all the fuses inside and out adn rset all breakers. I have power to GFI breakers in the area. I am lost and need any kind of direction on where the wires get power or where they go?

behmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Give the wires a bit of a tug to see if they come up. There is probably an inline fuse tucked nearby. If you can't find it then put a 1 amp inline fuse between it and the red wire for a temporary fix, or permanent if you just don't want to dig things apart. I suspect someone here will know exactly where the fuse is located.

Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lets see if generic trouble shooting will help. You should have power on a main wire to the radio that turn off/on with key. As well as a "memory" wire which will have power all the time. You will have variable voltage on one wire that is you dimming voltage for your display and it is controlled by your dash light brightness control. Color code of wire should be found on the internet for your radio. You may have a wire that has 12 volts on it for a power antenna-even if you do not have a power antenna. Oh and use a meter and not a light bulb for your testing. And check all your grounds-usually a green or black wire but euro wires may use a different color.
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Typically on most car stereos the red is 12 v (+) switched, black or green is 12 v (-) and yellow (sometimes blue) is 12 v (+) continuos for memory presets. Not sure why you would need the distinction if "WW" is some kind of trailer with no ignition switch. As suggested, look up your stereo model on Google and see if you can download a PDF manual if you don't have one.
If it works on a car battery, check the ground wire to be sure it is still connected. It shouldn't be too hard to string new wires from fuse panel to the stereo if the originals are pinched or cut by the slide.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
LOL.....I cant believe what happened. We were outside listening to the outside speakers Saturday night. Got up Sunday morning and stereo would not work. I went as far as buying a new stereo. I called the manufacture and there is a switch in the master bedroom that shuts the radio off. Evidently my wife had hit the switch and shut radio off when she went to bed. Flipped the switch to on and TA-DA the Stereo is working now. Boy dont I fell stupid
behmke is offline   Reply With Quote