Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thats a good looking Vette you have there. Load'er up!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:28 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thats a good looking Vette you have there. Load'er up!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:32 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Ditto on that!

I like the machine of course,
but nice stone facade and heavy wood beam over the entrance right behind it. Couldn't see if the door bell had easy enough access, assume it does.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:35 AM   #4

Oh wow...you did change it...nice pic!

(And watch out for Mike's vision...that eagle-eye'd moderator can spot a gnat on the grill from a rear-end shot!).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #5

Thanks, the Vette is one of my toys. I figure if I can't have an avatar of a toy hauler, (maybe someday) I'll just use pics of the toys.

It's a 00 that I ordered in 99 w/ 6 speed, HUD and well..........just about all the options but the body side molding. The only problem I've had with it is that I never seem to get it out on the road much. Still only 7000 miles on her.

And FD, you are the observant one aren't you. I guess this'll make it easier to find the place when you guys come for a visit.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #6

HD:

Visit? VISIT? Looks like we'll just have to make it an unadultrated convergence! Whatdayathink guys...party @ HD's place in September? Better make it a 2 weeker...I can see we've got plenty to yack about (and drool over!).
Old 06-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #7

Sean, i think you might be onto something here.

And HD I'm wondering how you can control yourself by owning a machine like that for 5 or 6 years and put only a few miles on it. Nice!
I had a cousin who was a Vette Man and raced Laguna Seca with his vettes at races there. He did essentially the same thing. Bought a Z28 and tossed it into his garage for 20 years or so untouched. He moved a couple times and he and his wife would just drive it to their new house and it dissapeared for another 8 years or so into the garage. Finally, a few years ago, at age 50 or so, he pulls it out onto the driveway and announces it is his ride from now on. That took a lot of control but he is unable to wipe the grin off his face these days. Driving a mint classic Z with essentially no miles.
I don't think I have that kind of control. I also don't have a new Vette or Z28 either, so no big deal?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #8

Mike:

I just bought my new vette AND Z28...it's called a King Ranch...I'll hafta figger (thanks 56!) out how to do 3's in the 60, but once again...it's either one thing, or ten others!

So many toys...not enough room (and in my case, capital).

Tom...gotta see (ride IN) that BT!!

Sean
Old 06-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
HD:

Visit? VISIT? Looks like we'll just have to make it an unadultrated convergence! Whatdayathink guys...party @ HD's place in September? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are always welcome........Come on up!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #10

You know,
the first couple times HD said that it was cool to cruise to his place, i just assumed he was kidding. I don't any more.
The first couple times Sean suggested it, i just assumed he was kidding. I don't any more.
..... ??
Old 06-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #11

Fatdog:

Yeap...I get the same feelin'...and from what I can see. HE'S the guy to meet here real soon...

HD: I'd hate to think we'd plan a weekend that you're off doin' sumpthin else, but if we gotta...just leave the keys and we can help ourself (we're than willin', OK?! Probably better that you're there, though...someone's gotta 'talk to the neighbors'!).

Sean
Old 06-13-2005, 10:01 PM   #12

I can smell another trip coming up!!!

Great ride HD.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 PM   #13

Clark:

EVERYTHING smells like 'trips' to me... I just can't seem to get enough miles on this truck fast yet...we'll try again today! (268 so far)

Wes:

Sure would be nice to see that part of the country...after sleeping on it, are you still game?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Sure would be nice to see that part of the country...after sleeping on it, are you still game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You betcha......

Great place, lots to see........Lake Tahoe, duning at Sand Mountain, the night life.........................too much fun.