Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #1

Alright you triple axles trailer jockeys, I only have 31 days to change from a two to three axle e-brake. Any suggestions?

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #2

Alright you triple axles trailer jockeys, I only have 31 days to change from a two to three axle e-brake. Any suggestions?

WW LE3505
Old 06-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #3

Melon,

What type of controller do you currently use? I have a Prodigy, works great. But I'm also only 2 axel. I believe it works for triples also.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #4

Clark,
Draw-Tite. I dont know if it will work for three axles. How would I know?

WW LE3505
Old 06-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #5

Rod,

Do you still have an owners manual?

Maybe go to the Draw-tite website and see if you can find info on that unit.

Those would be my first guesses.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:42 PM   #6

The drawtite will handle 3 axles, but I'd suggest looking into the prodigy. The drawtite doesn't work well for panic stops.

Hers - '03 GMC Yukon XL Denali, Prodigy brake controller
mbwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
melon
i use the Jordan 2020 and have used it for two axle and now a three axle trailer. This e-brake operates via a cable connected to your truck brake pedal and is adjustable for different amounts of brakes on your trailer.
I like this controller.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The drawtite doesn't work well for panic stops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine just did Sunday afternoon.

I disagree with all the Prodigy hoopla. I've used one and it ain't no diffrent, IF your rig is setup right and has everything adjusted right, which it should be all the time nomatter what controller.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #9

Prodigy! Triple axels and all! That thing flat-out rocks! In fact, it is good for up to 4 axels.

The thing that makes it worth all the "Hoopla" is the Ronco "set it and forget it" ease of use. Not that there aren't others out there that do the same. That, and the inerta sensor, level adjuster and a few other things that make it too easy to use...

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:36 PM   #10

I went with a BrakeSmart controller. It is truly a proportional controller with a pressure sensor teed into the tow vehicles master cylinder. The install was really simple, so don't let that scare you off.

It can be used with up to four axles, and more with reprograming.

It is a "set and forget" controller that will no doubt be the last one you buy. And while it is pricey, $$$$, It is the smoothest controller on the market and I feel well worth the money.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:44 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by charliez:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The drawtite doesn't work well for panic stops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine just did Sunday afternoon.

I disagree with all the Prodigy hoopla. I've used one and it ain't no diffrent, IF your rig is setup right and has everything adjusted right, which it should be all the time nomatter what controller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've used the drawtites and it can't tell what you are doing, panic stop or just cruising up to a stop sign or trying to slow a little on the freeway. It always seemed too tight until I had to stop now then I had to manually override. With the prodigy, jordan, or brakesmart it can actually tell how much you are trying to stop. My biggest complaint on the jordan is it is tough to adjust, but once done it works great. The prodigy is an easy plug and play setup.

Hers - '03 GMC Yukon XL Denali, Prodigy brake controller
mbwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote