Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:44 PM   #29

Howie:

I got the same impression...instead of breaking bolts, they opted for a floating design, but I'm gonna have to divert back to Tom's remark- maybe they've under-engineered the unit for the new weights- it always sounded like it was challenged.

Thanks for looking into it for me!! All my fuses in the fuse box are only 20amp....

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
All my fuses in the fuse box are only 20amp....

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too... Hopefully someone will be able to
let us know if WW has hidden an in-line fuse
for the motor someplace

Old 07-20-2005, 06:05 AM   #31

Since I have to pick mine up at the service center on Saturday I think I will bring this up and make them show me that fuse.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #32

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Does it for sure have a fuse, or even a fusable link probably? Maybe thats why it smoked itself to death. Maybe it doesn't have one. Someone might have felt that raising the trailer was SO important, that it shouldn't be on a fuse, that it should be a function that is available constantly??

And Sean, i hand cranked my LE last night, up and then back down a few inches. I was more rested yesterday then I was on Sunday morning, and I was raising it from level asphalt not soft dirt, but it only felt slightly, if any, easier then raising yours. It was hard to tell, but i walked away after that yesterday thinking they were both about the same. I'm thinking that a smoked motor does not offer any additional resistance to the raising mechanism.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #33

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
Does it for sure have a fuse, or even a fusable link probably? Maybe thats why it smoked itself to death. Maybe it doesn't have one. Someone might have felt that raising the trailer was SO important, that it shouldn't be on a fuse, that it should be a function that is available constantly??

And Sean, i hand cranked my LE last night, up and then back down a few inches. I was more rested yesterday then I was on Sunday morning, and I was raising it from level asphalt not soft dirt, but it only felt slightly, if any, easier then raising yours. It was hard to tell, but i walked away after that yesterday thinking they were both about the same. I'm thinking that a smoked motor does not offer any additional resistance to the raising mechanism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just did mine and the resistance to move the
front upward is greater than cranking it downward. It still is a pain in the butt.

As soon as I get some time, I'm still going to
try using my 18V drill in low gear to operate the manual crank.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:34 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Sean, doing our PDI this morning I could not find a dedicated fuse to the motor. The motor is firmly mounted to the frame though. The owner has added a toggle on the frame beside the motor so as to disable the exterior switch to discourage any mischief. Good Idea I thought.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #35

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sean, doing our PDI this morning.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Spill your guts!
Whats it like? How happy is the lil' wife with the new trailer? What good and/or not good did you find in PDI?
Hows the baby look?
And i know you are propbably still assessing TV, did they get it back home for you?
CONGRATS !
Old 07-20-2005, 04:05 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Well, color us jiggly pink. Daffydill can't get the smile of her face. Me i'm grinnin. The owner bought the rig from Giant, it was delivered 3Jul04. They lived in the Bay area and have moved here. 19 delivery issues were taken care of. Dumb stuff of course. Like the kitchen sink was not caulked. Makes me wonder who does the finals? In addition to stock it has a 5.5k genset,36 gal fuel station. 2500w inverter,stabilizer jacks and he had bought a ramp screen, not installed still in box. I gave it a crawl under, climb on top, check all nooks & crannies & appliances. It is essentially like new. It has always been garaged in storage. I would say less than 5k on the tires. Oh, Mike it'a aluminum. Did I leave anything out? We will take delivery next week.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #37

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, Mike it'a aluminum. Did I leave anything out?... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You did EXCELLENT

That is one nice machine. Even without bikes in the back, with that rear ramp screen you can open up the rear ramp with the screen in place, and cool air keeps your trailer liveable on warm days.
Make sure that gen fires up, and I would probably change the oil. (i usually just let mine blow out onto Clark's Alfa, well... i'm a changed man now and i won't be doing that any more)
Old 07-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #38

HB,

Congratulations on the new trailer

I know you will love it as much as the guys and gals here do.

Post a few picts someting and welcome to toy land!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sounds like a great trailer to me Hoverbug, even if it does have Mikes favorite siding on it. Now get that TV taken care of and you're good to go.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks folks. I do need to learn how to get a pictur on a post other than a link. Roger on the oil change mike. It purrs nice and only has 26hrs. I like 15W40Syn in a genset with Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas. What say you?

And Mike.. a guy asked me today what quads I had.. I said furry ones.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And Mike.. a guy asked me today what quads I had.. I said furry ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats a good one!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #42

Dave:

Congrats guy! Now just what are you thinkin' as far as a TV?

You made Mike's day...aluminum...but I promise we won't let that get in our way!

Now for some infamous pics?!

Sean