Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #15

chevypoweredchenowth say it isn't so. You have one heck of a setup their. Sounds like you just need more toys and friends to take up the extra space. Most people go bigger not smaller. Do you have kids? dogs? I would try to find new camping spots that are safe for the trailer. I bet if you keep it a year you will be surprised how accustomed to that space you will become.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
chevypoweredchenowth

Like WWFan said, .. Welcome!!

and it seems a lot of us here have WW's, and a good number of those are LE models. I also have a LE31 ...
but i am curious ... where do you camp that has such tight spots? Going from a 'hauler to a SlideIn is a pretty big jump, but i can certainly appreciate the freedom that a slideIn gives you. I really liked my 22' toyhauler that i used to own, just for that reason - I could get it ANYWHERE my truck had the nerve to drive. I now like the comfort that my "two-bedroom" gives me these days though.
But, .... how do you haul your toys if you have a slideIn? Having a SlideIn AND also towing a trailer behind your truck aint much different then a goodsized toyhauler. So are you thinking of camping without bringing bikes or jeeps along?

I'd like to hear more of your camping. Partially because I grew up in SanFranBayArea and used to travel those roads a lot. I have probably driven from Saratoga to SantaCruz over the back mountains looking for 'secret spots' more then any other offroader i have dented fenders with.

Good to see you here,
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FatDog, I do not know how to post a pic so here's a link to a pic. http://community.webshots.com/user/stevem94080
This is the type of place that we usually camp. It's a very nice and private area in the Rubicon area. Highway 50 towards Tahoe then left turn on Ice House Rd. Nice things about this remote type of camp are. very private,our group rents out the area for 4 or 5 days- no one gets in without the gate lock code-we do not have to worry about people stealing our stuff--no loud music at night--no jerks ripping through camp--there's a nice creek area for the kids and adults to play in--abudant shade-etc-etc

My truck with trailer is about 50 feet. Friend of mine has the same truck with a camper and a flat bed trailer, he is about 35 feet long.

No I would never go camping without my vehicles, it just would not be right

Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #17

Jab, trailer has just the single bed in the rear.No slide,can't fit a railbuggy in there with the rear slide option.

Grizwald, I know I know I'm behaving like a BOOB Maybe I will take my friend's camper out for a weekend and see what it's like compared to mine.

Thanks guys now my head hurts
Old 12-09-2005, 06:15 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
chevydude
all in good fun here,
i towed my bikes with a flatbed for many years.
Absolutely loved it.

Like you say, my rig back then had the profile of a slim-jim and could get anywhere. I could even pull that loaded flatbed thru a full creek at the mouth of Pismo. It was full of bikes-firewood-tents-beer-tools-stuff.

But then, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum, ... one day my lady said to me,
" ... mike, have you ever wondered why i don't go camping you you all the times you go? ..."

The next saturday I pulled a brand new WW ToyHauler onto our driveway and showed mama her new roughin-it-rig. Complete with 'ladies-room', kitchen, TV, microwave, ... and YES!! this 8 sq.ft. box that keeps my beer cold !!!!

She was so happy she then asked me to get her a quad.
(I bought myself a couple tools to make up for the small 'loss of freedom' that i would now have to put up with, .. you know ... I no longer could haul my loaded flatbed up "Widow Maker" ..)

but I have not had as much fun camping ever!

These rigs of ours make it a whole new ballgame!!!

chevydude, i will make you a wager here,
a wager that i will stand behind.
I'll bet a couple bucks that if you tow your WW out there a few times, and REALLY LIVE IT UP IN IT!!, that within a few months a couple of your other buddies will buy one.

Keep on truckin'
and re-read what Don, ehhh... 'the Griz', said a few posts up. If you give it a little time, we swear you will trade up for a larger rig within a couple years.

We look forward to running into you,
the meathead gang
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:09 AM   #19

Yeah, what they said!

SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #20

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
there is that tent campsite up in the hills called "Big Basin " if I remember its name correctly.

although that may be , that place sure provided me immeasureable happiness in my camping youth
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:43 PM   #21

Yes I know this subject has been beat to death but I thought I would share with all you nice folks..

I had a chance to weigh my empty truck at a Cat scale--6,820 lbs

Went home and hooked up my EMPTY(if you dont count my wife's hundred pair of shoes in there) trailer and drove back to the Cat scale--Truck and trailer 18,720 lbs.

steer axle 4460 lb
drive axle 5620 lb
trailer axle 8640 lb

I'm no genius but that looks like 3,260 lbs of pin weight. Good thing I have air bags. Steve
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #22

Keep a chain saw in you trailer. If you can't fit, make room.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #23

Or...........you can get a truck camper to ADD to your toys!