Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #1

Hi new guy here from the San Fran Bay Area. I have been lurking around for a while and learning all kinds of cool mods.. Thanks to all that have posted the mods.

The trailer is a mid year 2005 Weekend Warrior 5th wheel LE3305 Gel coat-bay windows-5.5 gen-ultra bed-fuel station-etc.1,000 miles on the trailer. stored indoors.

Problem is the thing is just too darn tall,long and wide. All the places we camp are very small and tight with lots of trees in the camp area. Looking back now I think I was on crack thinking this monster trailer would be a good idea.Plus it is just me and the wife, no kids.

Tkink I will sell this and get a slide in camper. Anyone else ever regret buying such a big trailer? What is this trailer worth?? Is now a good time to sell? wait til the weather gets better?

Thanks S
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #2

Hi new guy here from the San Fran Bay Area. I have been lurking around for a while and learning all kinds of cool mods.. Thanks to all that have posted the mods.

The trailer is a mid year 2005 Weekend Warrior 5th wheel LE3305 Gel coat-bay windows-5.5 gen-ultra bed-fuel station-etc.1,000 miles on the trailer. stored indoors.

Problem is the thing is just too darn tall,long and wide. All the places we camp are very small and tight with lots of trees in the camp area. Looking back now I think I was on crack thinking this monster trailer would be a good idea.Plus it is just me and the wife, no kids.

Tkink I will sell this and get a slide in camper. Anyone else ever regret buying such a big trailer? What is this trailer worth?? Is now a good time to sell? wait til the weather gets better?

Thanks S
Old 12-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #3

First of all...welcome to iRV2!!

Hummmm...in my world, that wasn't ENOUGH trailer. I hate to be fecitious here, but when you went and looked at them, didn't you notice the height, length, and width? For a 33 (34) footer, that's still kinda hard to miss.

You gotta do what you gotta do, but I suggest that you try some new places that you can get it in- heck- you may find some campgrounds/boondocks you like better!

Hope the best fer ya!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #4

What are you talking about??

It's puuuurfect!

\Bob

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #5

...and Senoir /Roberto:

oooo...such as great truck color to match the LE...it IS puuuurfect!

We gotta get together soon!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What are you talking about??

It's puuuurfect!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
sandjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #7

Hey I got the perfect solution....I'll trade you my FSC 2800 pull behind trailer....it's a bit smaller. I'm in Reno....so were close.

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #8

James......you stole my idea. But I don't think a LE3305 is much larger then a FSC2800 when you add the length of the hitch. Mine is 33' with the Hensley hitch.

chevypoweredchenowth,

Most people I know go bigger not smaller, but I know what you're saying. Some of the spots I like to camp have the smaller sites. so I have to go elsewhere.

Check nada guides to help you determine a value. In No. Cal. I think spring is the best time to sell. So. Cal. has a year round market.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:

First of all...welcome to iRV2!!

I hate to be fecitious here, but when you went and looked at them, didn't you notice the height, length, and width? For a 33 (34) footer, that's still kinda hard to miss.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the welcome..Yes it did look big when picked up, but now with my new glasses it is huge
Old 12-07-2005, 10:59 PM   #10

jab3143, thanks for the offer but I think I'm gunna go shopping for a slide in camper.

high desert,I went from a tent to this beast Thanks for the nada guide link
Old 12-08-2005, 05:26 AM   #11

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
chevypoweredchenowth

Like WWFan said, .. Welcome!!

and it seems a lot of us here have WW's, and a good number of those are LE models. I also have a LE31 ...
but i am curious ... where do you camp that has such tight spots? Going from a 'hauler to a SlideIn is a pretty big jump, but i can certainly appreciate the freedom that a slideIn gives you. I really liked my 22' toyhauler that i used to own, just for that reason - I could get it ANYWHERE my truck had the nerve to drive. I now like the comfort that my "two-bedroom" gives me these days though.
But, .... how do you haul your toys if you have a slideIn? Having a SlideIn AND also towing a trailer behind your truck aint much different then a goodsized toyhauler. So are you thinking of camping without bringing bikes or jeeps along?

I'd like to hear more of your camping. Partially because I grew up in SanFranBayArea and used to travel those roads a lot. I have probably driven from Saratoga to SantaCruz over the back mountains looking for 'secret spots' more then any other offroader i have dented fenders with.

Good to see you here,
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:14 AM   #12

I was thinking of offering to trade too, but I actually want a bigger trailer. You can't have too much room or too many toys.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:34 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk: You can't have too much room or too many toys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^^^^^Quote of the day.^^^^^^
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #14

Hi chevypoweredchenowth,

I am not really in the market for another trailer....but I will be upgrading in the future to a 5th wheel. I decided on a LE-3305. Does your trailer have the dual rear bunks....I don't think they were out yet....I would also probably get a slide....If your trailer has either of these options I might be interested in it. I don't think trading it in at the dealer is going to be your best bet......You are probably better off selling it on your own and then working a deal on a slide in camper. Let me know.

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote