Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #1

On 12-06-04, I made the following list of repairs needed for my trailer. Lisa at Eclipse R.V. told me the earliest appointment is January 22, 2005

Inside:

1. The couch is mounted to high and makes the bed to lay at an angle.
2. The wall is warped, rear of couch.
3. The ceiling has gouge by speaker and factory tried to hide it.
4. Closet clothes rod is to short and falls out.
5. Vent bezel in bathroom is cracked.
6. The T.V. closeout is not flush.
7. Lower left cargo vent trim is peeling.
8. The #2 holding tank sensor stays 2/3 full.

Outside:

1. There is dried masking tape rear of side door under grab handle.

The repairs took 22 days to complete. Many of the repairs were not completed correctly the first try. During the 22 days, I went there three times to pick-up the trailer.
After the repairs were finished in February, I asked the service manager, Lisa, for copies of my work orders. She said they were at her house because she does a lot of paperwork there. She would mail them to me.

In March, I called to speak to Lisa about my paper work. An employee named Sean told me that she no longer works for the company. He would check into the whereabouts of my paperwork. After two more calls to him in consecutive days, he finally returned my calls with no results in finding my paperwork.

While traveling home from Oregon I noticed that there was a gap between the frame for the rear door and the wall. It was Monday morning 07-11-05. I compiled a list of items that need to be repaired when I take the trailer to the dealer.

1. REAR DOOR FRAME PULLED AWAY FROM LEFT SIDE OF TRAILER
2. LEFT SIDE OF BEDS MATERIAL HAS PULLED AWAY FROM THE SIDE OF THE BED
3. FORWARD DINETE FRAME SAGS FROM LOOSE SCREWS, THEN GETS CAUSGHT UNDER THE VALANCE
4. RADIO WILL NOT RECEIVE SOME STATIONS, ACTS LIKES THE ANTENNA IS BAD
5. REFRIDGERATOR STOPPED WORKING WHILE PLUGGED INTO ELECTRICITY, THE ELECTRICITY WAS STILL ON SO THE REIFRIDGERATOR DID NOT CONVERT TO PROPANE AND OUR FOOD WAS SPOILED
6. PANTRY KEEPS SLIDING OPEN WHILE IN TRANSIT
7. HOLDING TANK #2 SENSORS ALWAYS READ 2/3 FULL
8. COUCH IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONVERT TO BED AND THEN BACK AGAIN
9. WITH HOLDING TANK #2 LESS THAN HALF FULL THE BATHROOM STARTS TO GET A BAD ODOR
10. DOORS UNDER SINK ARE HARD TO OPEN AND CLOSE BECAUSE THEY HIT EACH OTHER
11. TOP LEFT REAR CORNER OF OUTSIDE SKIN HAS A TEAR IN IT
12. BATHROOM DOOR HITS DOOR JAM AT THE BOTTOM
13. #2 BATHROOM DRAWER DON'T LATCH SHUT FOR TRANSIT
14. ADD-A-WALL SCREW KEEP PULLING OUT OF THE TOP
15. KITCHEN WINDOW SCREEN IS HARD TO SLIDE
16. GENERATOR CIRCUIT BREAKER POPS-OFF WHEN A/C IS ON FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR

I took the trailer to Carl's Acres of Trailers on 07-12-05. Jerry at Carl's Acres of Trailers told me that the structural failure was too big for them to repair. He said I needed to take the trailer to the manufacturer. I took the trailer over to the manufacturer on the same day. When I arrived at Eclipse, Sean told me he could not repair the trailer until 08-08-05.
I called Eclipse RV on 07-13-05. I asked to speak to the owner, Dallon. He was unavailable. I left my phone number for him to call me back.

Jim Robertson – 951-781-7011 the Lemon Law Attorney advised me to let them attempt to fix the problems. At this time, the 30-day limit has not been violated.

I called Eclipse and tried to talk to Dallon (the owner) on 07-13-05. He was unavailable at the time and the person on the phone wrote my phone number down.
A couple of hours later Shawn called me. He restated the date I could bring in my trailer. I called Eclipse again. I asked to speak with Dallon, explaining that I wanted to speak with him not Shawn. The person told me he was unavailable and would call me in the morning of 07-14-05.

It is now 2:30 PM on 07-14-05. I have not heard from Dallon.

On Monday 07-18-05 at 4:00 PM I called Eclipse because I had not heard from Dallon yet. I waited on hold for 30 minutes and he did to answer my call.

I dropped off the trailer on 08-08-05. Sean asked me if picking up the trailer on Monday August 15th would be acceptable. I agreed. Sean told me that he would call with daily updates of the progress of my trailer. He also said that even though only one side of the trailer separated he would have both sides of the trailer repaired.
I added a list of items to for repairs:

1. A/C vent register towards the bathroom had a broken deflector.
2. Pressure relief on the water heater leaks.
3. The pins on the left side of the rear door hasp are falling out.
4. Silicone sealant used to fill gaps in ceiling after January repairs looks bad.

Sean never called with daily updates as he told me he would. I called the morning of Tuesday August 16th and found out that Sean is no longer working at Eclipse. I left a phone number and a request for information about my trailer. I did not hear from Eclipse by 4:30 PM so I called them. I talked to a man named Tim. He did not know the status of my trailer. The only repair list he had was for the added items that I gave Sean when I dropped off the trailer on 08-08-05. I e-mailed him the original repair request list immediately. He received it. Tim said he would call me with the status of my trailer.

Tim Maze did not call me. I called Eclipse around 1:30 PM on 08-17-05. He was at lunch. He called me back and left a message on my phone between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM. I called him back when I arrived home. He was unavailable. I called again around 3:30 PM. Tim informed me that my trailer would not be ready until September 1st. I informed him that I have an activity planed for August 27th. He told me that he could not promise that the trailer would be ready by then. He agreed to call me August 24th so I could make other plans if needed.

I never received the call from Tim on August 24th. I called him and asked for the status of my trailer. He told me it would be ready on Friday the 26th. I went to Eclipse on August 25th to look my trailer. The reason I went is after dealing with Eclipse when they were in San Bernardino I knew that items on my list would not be repaired like I would expect them to be. Items that were not repaired correctly were:

1. The right side of the trailer was not reinforced to equal the repairs that were needed for the left side.
2. Forward dinette frame was still sagging. (No repair was made)
3. Pantry keeps sliding open while in transit. (No repair was made)
4. Holding tank #2 sensors always read 2/3 full. (No repair was made)
5. Top left rear corner of outside skin has a tear in it. (White silicone was used to try and hide the tear instead of replacing the skin)
6. ADD-A-WALL screws keep pulling out of the top. (The screws originally went into the paneling. There was not any wood on the other side for the screws to thread into).
7. Kitchen window screen is hard to slide.
8. Generator circuit breaker pops-off when the A/C is on for more than an hour. (No repair was made)
9. Pressure relief on the water heater leaks. (No repair was made)
10. Silicone sealant used to fill gaps in ceiling after January repairs looks bad. (No repair was made)

After the trailer was in the shop for three weeks there is still items that were not repaired. When I picked up the trailer on Friday there was three items that still needed to be repaired:
1. The right side of the trailer was not reinforced to equal the repairs that were needed for the left side.
2. Kitchen window screen is hard to slide.
3. Silicone sealant used to fill gaps in ceiling after January repairs looks bad.

Tim told me to call him and give a Monday in September that I could bring the trailer back. I called when I arrived home at 3:00 PM on Friday. I told him that Tuesday September 6th or Monday September 12th would work for me and to call me to confirm. He never called me back.

When I used the trailer on August 27th, the voltage adapter plug to plug the trailer into a 120VAC electrical source was missing.

I never received a call from Tim on Monday to confirm the return of my trailer for the final repairs. I called on Tuesday August 30, 2005 and confirmed a repair date of October 3rd.

When I used the trailer the weekend of September 2nd I purchased an electrical adapter and plugged it in. The refrigerator and the battery charger did not work. I traced it to the circuit breaker. The circuit breaker was damaged when the manufacturer installed the new converter system to correct the generator circuit breaker problem previously reported. I purchased a new circuit breaker so I could use all of the electrical on my trailer. When I went to use my television I noticed the remote control is missing.

On October 3rd I returned to Eclipse with my trailer. I left the receipts for reimbursement and this list of repairs:

1. RIGHT REAR OF REAR DOOR FRAME NEEDS REINFORCING BOLTS SO IT DOES NOT PULL AWAY FROM THE WALL LIKE THE LEFT SIDE DID.
2. THE SILICONE THAT WAS USED TO SEAL THE CORNER OF THE WALLS AND THE CEILING NEEDS TO BE REMOVED, AND MADE TO LOOK LIKE THE REST OF THE TRAILER WHEN IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY.
3. OUTSIDE SKIN OF THE TRAILER AT THE TOP OF THE LEFT REAR IS SPLITTING. HIDING THE CRACK WITH WHITE SILICONE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
4. REMOTE FOR TELEVISION IS MISSING
5. THE REFRIDGERATOR AND BATTERY CHARGER DID NOT WORK AFTER I PICKED UP THE TRAILER. THE FAILURE WAS BECAUSE THE CIRCUIT BREAKER WAS DAMAGED. THE ONE I PURCHASED IS NOT THE CORRECT AMPERAGE. THE CORRECT AMPERAGE 15 / 15, NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED
6. THE STAPLES ARE CONTINUING TO COME OUT OF THE WALL REAR OF THE COUCH
7. THE PANELING SEAM COVER REAR OF THE RIGHT REAR LOWER VENT WAS PIECED TOGETHER AND SHOULD BE ONE PIECE.
8. THE FRONT VENT COVER BROKE OFF.
9. WINDOW PUTTY IN ON THE CARPET IN THREE SPOTS OUTLINED BY BLUE TAPE

I picked up the trailer on 10-20-05. There were still some problems:
1. They attempted to clean the carpet. It was worse than when I dropped it off.
2. There was many pencil markings on the walls where they made measurements and did not clean them off.
3. Dirty finger prints everywhere that they worked.
4. I still did not receive a new remote control for the T.V..
5. The table storage straps were mounted to the wall in a location that blocked an electrical socket and the right-side floor vent.

On 11-05-05 we used the trailer and these problems were found:
1. Staples are coming out of the left-side wall again.
2. Right-side paneling above the cabinets is pieced together.
3. Right-side vents trim molding is assembled at angles (not 90 degree corners).
4. Right-side molding has a hole where I had to move the screw for the table storage strap. They located the table storage over the lower vent and right-side electrical outlet.
5. My broom is missing.
6. The voltage adapter is missing again.
7. The third remote control they sent was finally the correct one but it is used a scratched.
jjhues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #2

On 12-06-04, I made the following list of repairs needed for my trailer. Lisa at Eclipse R.V. told me the earliest appointment is January 22, 2005

Inside:

1. The couch is mounted to high and makes the bed to lay at an angle.
2. The wall is warped, rear of couch.
3. The ceiling has gouge by speaker and factory tried to hide it.
4. Closet clothes rod is to short and falls out.
5. Vent bezel in bathroom is cracked.
6. The T.V. closeout is not flush.
7. Lower left cargo vent trim is peeling.
8. The #2 holding tank sensor stays 2/3 full.

Outside:

1. There is dried masking tape rear of side door under grab handle.

The repairs took 22 days to complete. Many of the repairs were not completed correctly the first try. During the 22 days, I went there three times to pick-up the trailer.
After the repairs were finished in February, I asked the service manager, Lisa, for copies of my work orders. She said they were at her house because she does a lot of paperwork there. She would mail them to me.

In March, I called to speak to Lisa about my paper work. An employee named Sean told me that she no longer works for the company. He would check into the whereabouts of my paperwork. After two more calls to him in consecutive days, he finally returned my calls with no results in finding my paperwork.

While traveling home from Oregon I noticed that there was a gap between the frame for the rear door and the wall. It was Monday morning 07-11-05. I compiled a list of items that need to be repaired when I take the trailer to the dealer.

1. REAR DOOR FRAME PULLED AWAY FROM LEFT SIDE OF TRAILER
2. LEFT SIDE OF BEDS MATERIAL HAS PULLED AWAY FROM THE SIDE OF THE BED
3. FORWARD DINETE FRAME SAGS FROM LOOSE SCREWS, THEN GETS CAUSGHT UNDER THE VALANCE
4. RADIO WILL NOT RECEIVE SOME STATIONS, ACTS LIKES THE ANTENNA IS BAD
5. REFRIDGERATOR STOPPED WORKING WHILE PLUGGED INTO ELECTRICITY, THE ELECTRICITY WAS STILL ON SO THE REIFRIDGERATOR DID NOT CONVERT TO PROPANE AND OUR FOOD WAS SPOILED
6. PANTRY KEEPS SLIDING OPEN WHILE IN TRANSIT
7. HOLDING TANK #2 SENSORS ALWAYS READ 2/3 FULL
8. COUCH IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONVERT TO BED AND THEN BACK AGAIN
9. WITH HOLDING TANK #2 LESS THAN HALF FULL THE BATHROOM STARTS TO GET A BAD ODOR
10. DOORS UNDER SINK ARE HARD TO OPEN AND CLOSE BECAUSE THEY HIT EACH OTHER
11. TOP LEFT REAR CORNER OF OUTSIDE SKIN HAS A TEAR IN IT
12. BATHROOM DOOR HITS DOOR JAM AT THE BOTTOM
13. #2 BATHROOM DRAWER DON'T LATCH SHUT FOR TRANSIT
14. ADD-A-WALL SCREW KEEP PULLING OUT OF THE TOP
15. KITCHEN WINDOW SCREEN IS HARD TO SLIDE
16. GENERATOR CIRCUIT BREAKER POPS-OFF WHEN A/C IS ON FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR

I took the trailer to Carl's Acres of Trailers on 07-12-05. Jerry at Carl's Acres of Trailers told me that the structural failure was too big for them to repair. He said I needed to take the trailer to the manufacturer. I took the trailer over to the manufacturer on the same day. When I arrived at Eclipse, Sean told me he could not repair the trailer until 08-08-05.
I called Eclipse RV on 07-13-05. I asked to speak to the owner, Dallon. He was unavailable. I left my phone number for him to call me back.

Jim Robertson – 951-781-7011 the Lemon Law Attorney advised me to let them attempt to fix the problems. At this time, the 30-day limit has not been violated.

I called Eclipse and tried to talk to Dallon (the owner) on 07-13-05. He was unavailable at the time and the person on the phone wrote my phone number down.
A couple of hours later Shawn called me. He restated the date I could bring in my trailer. I called Eclipse again. I asked to speak with Dallon, explaining that I wanted to speak with him not Shawn. The person told me he was unavailable and would call me in the morning of 07-14-05.

It is now 2:30 PM on 07-14-05. I have not heard from Dallon.

On Monday 07-18-05 at 4:00 PM I called Eclipse because I had not heard from Dallon yet. I waited on hold for 30 minutes and he did to answer my call.

I dropped off the trailer on 08-08-05. Sean asked me if picking up the trailer on Monday August 15th would be acceptable. I agreed. Sean told me that he would call with daily updates of the progress of my trailer. He also said that even though only one side of the trailer separated he would have both sides of the trailer repaired.
I added a list of items to for repairs:

1. A/C vent register towards the bathroom had a broken deflector.
2. Pressure relief on the water heater leaks.
3. The pins on the left side of the rear door hasp are falling out.
4. Silicone sealant used to fill gaps in ceiling after January repairs looks bad.

Sean never called with daily updates as he told me he would. I called the morning of Tuesday August 16th and found out that Sean is no longer working at Eclipse. I left a phone number and a request for information about my trailer. I did not hear from Eclipse by 4:30 PM so I called them. I talked to a man named Tim. He did not know the status of my trailer. The only repair list he had was for the added items that I gave Sean when I dropped off the trailer on 08-08-05. I e-mailed him the original repair request list immediately. He received it. Tim said he would call me with the status of my trailer.

Tim Maze did not call me. I called Eclipse around 1:30 PM on 08-17-05. He was at lunch. He called me back and left a message on my phone between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM. I called him back when I arrived home. He was unavailable. I called again around 3:30 PM. Tim informed me that my trailer would not be ready until September 1st. I informed him that I have an activity planed for August 27th. He told me that he could not promise that the trailer would be ready by then. He agreed to call me August 24th so I could make other plans if needed.

I never received the call from Tim on August 24th. I called him and asked for the status of my trailer. He told me it would be ready on Friday the 26th. I went to Eclipse on August 25th to look my trailer. The reason I went is after dealing with Eclipse when they were in San Bernardino I knew that items on my list would not be repaired like I would expect them to be. Items that were not repaired correctly were:

2. Forward dinette frame was still sagging. (No repair was made)
3. Pantry keeps sliding open while in transit. (No repair was made)
4. Holding tank #2 sensors always read 2/3 full. (No repair was made)
5. Top left rear corner of outside skin has a tear in it. (White silicone was used to try and hide the tear instead of replacing the skin)
6. ADD-A-WALL screws keep pulling out of the top. (The screws originally went into the paneling. There was not any wood on the other side for the screws to thread into).
7. Kitchen window screen is hard to slide.
8. Generator circuit breaker pops-off when the A/C is on for more than an hour. (No repair was made)
9. Pressure relief on the water heater leaks. (No repair was made)
10. Silicone sealant used to fill gaps in ceiling after January repairs looks bad. (No repair was made)

After the trailer was in the shop for three weeks there is still items that were not repaired. When I picked up the trailer on Friday there was three items that still needed to be repaired:
2. Kitchen window screen is hard to slide.
3. Silicone sealant used to fill gaps in ceiling after January repairs looks bad.

Tim told me to call him and give a Monday in September that I could bring the trailer back. I called when I arrived home at 3:00 PM on Friday. I told him that Tuesday September 6th or Monday September 12th would work for me and to call me to confirm. He never called me back.

When I used the trailer on August 27th, the voltage adapter plug to plug the trailer into a 120VAC electrical source was missing.

I never received a call from Tim on Monday to confirm the return of my trailer for the final repairs. I called on Tuesday August 30, 2005 and confirmed a repair date of October 3rd.

When I used the trailer the weekend of September 2nd I purchased an electrical adapter and plugged it in. The refrigerator and the battery charger did not work. I traced it to the circuit breaker. The circuit breaker was damaged when the manufacturer installed the new converter system to correct the generator circuit breaker problem previously reported. I purchased a new circuit breaker so I could use all of the electrical on my trailer. When I went to use my television I noticed the remote control is missing.

On October 3rd I returned to Eclipse with my trailer. I left the receipts for reimbursement and this list of repairs:

1. RIGHT REAR OF REAR DOOR FRAME NEEDS REINFORCING BOLTS SO IT DOES NOT PULL AWAY FROM THE WALL LIKE THE LEFT SIDE DID.
2. THE SILICONE THAT WAS USED TO SEAL THE CORNER OF THE WALLS AND THE CEILING NEEDS TO BE REMOVED, AND MADE TO LOOK LIKE THE REST OF THE TRAILER WHEN IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY.
3. OUTSIDE SKIN OF THE TRAILER AT THE TOP OF THE LEFT REAR IS SPLITTING. HIDING THE CRACK WITH WHITE SILICONE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
4. REMOTE FOR TELEVISION IS MISSING
5. THE REFRIDGERATOR AND BATTERY CHARGER DID NOT WORK AFTER I PICKED UP THE TRAILER. THE FAILURE WAS BECAUSE THE CIRCUIT BREAKER WAS DAMAGED. THE ONE I PURCHASED IS NOT THE CORRECT AMPERAGE. THE CORRECT AMPERAGE 15 / 15, NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED
6. THE STAPLES ARE CONTINUING TO COME OUT OF THE WALL REAR OF THE COUCH
7. THE PANELING SEAM COVER REAR OF THE RIGHT REAR LOWER VENT WAS PIECED TOGETHER AND SHOULD BE ONE PIECE.
8. THE FRONT VENT COVER BROKE OFF.
9. WINDOW PUTTY IN ON THE CARPET IN THREE SPOTS OUTLINED BY BLUE TAPE

I picked up the trailer on 10-20-05. There were still some problems:
1. They attempted to clean the carpet. It was worse than when I dropped it off.
2. There was many pencil markings on the walls where they made measurements and did not clean them off.
3. Dirty finger prints everywhere that they worked.
4. I still did not receive a new remote control for the T.V..
5. The table storage straps were mounted to the wall in a location that blocked an electrical socket and the right-side floor vent.

On 11-05-05 we used the trailer and these problems were found:
1. Staples are coming out of the left-side wall again.
2. Right-side paneling above the cabinets is pieced together.
3. Right-side vents trim molding is assembled at angles (not 90 degree corners).
4. Right-side molding has a hole where I had to move the screw for the table storage strap. They located the table storage over the lower vent and right-side electrical outlet.
5. My broom is missing.
6. The voltage adapter is missing again.
7. The third remote control they sent was finally the correct one but it is used a scratched.
jjhues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #3

Ouch

You know you continue to go back and forth to the dealer and manufacturer, but I think a "For Sale" sign is cheaper.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote