Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your lathargicism was due to being hungry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok now, thats enough. Either speak english or I'm going home. Oh, never mind, I am home!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #44

Ok...'you done theekin' cause you too darn hun-gry and moove like a dog in the sneeeew?'

Is that better?!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:37 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Oh yeah, much better. Nows I can sees how youd know whats i meen.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #46

Tom:

You're just an out-'N-out goofball! I don't care WHAT Mikey sez about 'cha!!

Sean
Old 06-28-2005, 05:27 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Whatsamatter Sean, took you 4 days to figure this out!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #48

Well yeah...what's your point? I may be ugly, but I'm not stupid!

Thought maybe you changed your mind and FINALLY got that inverter thingy to help us out...either way, you could be known as "the guy who cudda supplied ice fo the group...but Noooooo...."

Must be that 12v batt thing you're hung up on!

Aww...AGAIN...too much fun!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:23 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well yeah...what's your point? I may be ugly, but I'm not stupid! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said it, I didn't!

Boy, I was looking at Sams Club yesterday while they were putting on the new tires and they had a 1500 watt inverter for a hundred bucks, I was tempted but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. See, I was thinking that instead of using the coach batteries I could hook it up to the Jeep while it was sitting around and make ice, then while I'm driving it will recharge the battery. I could make ice during the evening and overnight. Hummmm, might have to go get it after all.

I wonder if it would be big enough for the ice maker. 200 watts at 120 volts = 16.6 amps on 12 volts according to my figures. You know, the Jeep has a place for an extra battery, might throw in an extra, hook it up so it'll charge too, that might do the deal. Thats why I'm hung up on 12volts, gives you versatility!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #50

Aawwww Tom...that's a good deal! Shudda gone fer it!

Actually, the problem with the ICE Maker is that you've always got to have it running, and unless you got about a billion batteries (talk about killing the CCC of a trailer!), at some point you'll just have to fire up the 'ol genset...or look for more batteries!

Now...all the other stuff, like coffee pot, TV's, etc...great to have an inverter, so just bite the bullet and wear some of that new meats cha got and go back to Sam's and get it!

Sean
Old 06-30-2005, 01:40 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey, from the looks of things WWFan is in the house.

Well, No, the ice maker only has to run when you want to make ice. Just put the output in the ice chest or the freezer and turn it off, done deal.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:24 PM   #52

Nope...not home yet....

Hummm...just how quickly does that thing make ice? and how MUCH? I just can't picture that in a couple of hours you've got a 5 gal pail of ice!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:37 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
No, not that quick, but, to put it in propective. I filled up one of those Coleman little Oscars type ice chests in an evening while also drinking, therefore using ice. It
makes 12 large cubes every 12 minutes, on schedule. I figure I could fill a 48 quart ice chest in an afternoon if I didn't use any. Not real quick but it'll put out more than you think. I know you couldn't run it off the coach batteries or you'd be running the generator all the time. Thats why I was thinking about running it in the evenings to put ice in the chests and then charge up the batteries during the day while we're out driving. Gotta set up a test after I get back and see how much ice I can make without discharging the batteries completely and how many hours I can run it. Course that means I have to go buy the Da?? inverter to test it.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #54

Well what the heck ya waitin' for!!! Get your buttt to Sam's!!! I'll be home in an hour, so you've got time to go get it!

Hey..used the calc to figger out you can run a 200w IceMaker for 12.75 hrs off your batts (3 right?)....I can run 22.5 hrs off my 4-6's...how much ice will it make in 12.75 hours?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:45 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Got this finger, eh, figured out.

Tain't room to put another battery under the hood but, there's room in the back. Got a battery box, put the extra battery in it and run a 10 gauge cable from front to back. That way both battery's charge up during the day while we're out running. Then back up to the trailer where the ice maker is sitting under the front out of the weather, hook up the inverter to the maker and wallah, ice. I figure I can use it for 7 hrs during the evening without running the two batteries down to where the Jeep won't start. There's always jumper cables if I miss my estimate. I think its doable. Ought to be a lot of fun and conversation piece if nothing else.

God, love it when a plan comes together.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #56

Yeah...I BET you got it fingered out!! As well as anyone else!

You're just one faart-smeller, ya know??!

Send pics, OK?

Sean