Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #15

I have been thinking about adding one. We drycamp mostly, but I think I have the juice to run it. With 6 Trojan T105 battries, 300 watts of solar and a 3000 watt inverter. The solar pannals should keep up with it on sunny days. They will produce about 15 amps
Cheers
Bear

2000 Volvo 660 425hp 1550ft/lbs torque, 15 speed. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS (40'10") triple slide 5'er, Trailair pinbox, Onan 5500 Marquis Platnum, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, 2003 Harley Davidson Road King. 3 Polaris Sportsman quads, 94
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ice maker
i have one of thes in my fiver. makes more ice than you canuse, completey portable, does require 120 volts,
but only takes about 7 minutes to punch out a few cubes,

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powerboatr:
ice maker
i have one of thes in my fiver. makes more ice than you canuse, completey portable, does require 120 volts,
but only takes about 7 minutes to punch out a few cubes, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that one, it only draws 3.48 amps. Thanks for the tip
Cheers
Bear
2000 Volvo 660 425hp 1550ft/lbs torque, 15 speed. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS (40'10") triple slide 5'er, Trailair pinbox, Onan 5500 Marquis Platnum, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, 2003 Harley Davidson Road King. 3 Polaris Sportsman quads, 94
Old 04-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powerboatr:
ice maker
but only takes about 7 minutes to punch out a few cubes, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that one, it only draws 3.48 amps. Thanks for the tip
Cheers
Bear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oooooo....I REALLY like! Price is darn right also! Robert- how long does the 2 1/2 pounds stay "cold" in the resevoir? And how noisy would you say it is? also...is there a way to hook up an input water line, or do you just have to keep filling it up manually?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #19

Wow...even better...this company has an eBay Buy it Now for $179!!! Here!

Now I'm really interested...Robert?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
The link that powerboatr posted is basically the same as mine. Works great and last a long time. Home depot has these with the maytag brand on them I believe, for around 199. They are all made and operate the same, pour water in and ice cubes come out. The first batch is worthless but after that it works great.

I installed an extra battery and a 1500 watt inverter in my Jeep so I can plug in the ice maker (or anything else) of an evening and make ice, then while driving around the next day the batteries charge back up and I'm ready to go again the next evening. A rechargable power source without running the generator and I'd be driving the Jeep anyway. If you run the batteries down until the inverter shuts off, the jeep will still start the next morning.(a plus)

Sean, as to your questions, the ice maker makes some noise when the compressor runs and when the ice dumps, better if its put in the back.

The ice will melt if you let it sit there for awhile but when the level goes down the ice maker starts up and fills the basket again. I usually put some extra in a baggie and put it in the freezer, or just dump it in my cooler so I've got ice ready for the next day out.

No provision to hook up a line, have to pour it in.

There's nothing like the sound of that ice dumping, translation..time to mix another!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Watch out for the shipping costs!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #22

I can see many many happy drinks poured overthe next several years with that unit . I think I am going to rig up a shelf or something in my garage to mount it on.
Cheers
Bear
Old 04-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Watch out for the shipping costs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom: Good point...I had no idea that Home Depot carried them...are they the stainless steel models?

Figuring it out....the $179 has a $35 shipping cost, which is $214 total, and if HD sells them for $199, and you add 7.75% Tax, that's $214.43. So.....if I want to save $0.43, I'll wait a week and risk freight damage! Such a deal!

Looks like that online company has kinda done their homework, ey?

Thanks for the heads up Tom!

Sean
Old 04-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I guess I should say, they do here, and yes, its exactly like the one in the picture. SS and all. I bought mine for around 200 with "free" shipping so it's all about the same. About as cheap as I've seen.

Hummmmm, thinking and talking about, since mine's right here in the house, think I'll go fire that puppy up, may need a little ice.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:03 AM   #25

Well VR- How'd that Happy Hour go last night?

I've got to go to the HD today...Moski might find an early Mother's Day present under the awning when she gets home!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 AM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
sorry
i have been hiding all weekend off the grid and all
the ice wil lstay cubed for about 18 hours , it gets sof but stays useable
as far as running a water line to it? i geuss you could and rig a float or something, but it hold quite a bit of water, i dont think mine ever pulls 3 amps
it usually pulls 2 amps according to my panel.
another beeennnny is on cold mornings if it kicks on it blows a nice warm flow of air across your feet in the kitchen.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #27

Ok...just showed Moski...I think she's a go on it!! Whoo-Pee!!

Dang...gonna have to find something else to get her for Mom's Day...
Old 04-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thataboy Sean.

The only drawback that I see is if you are going to let it set for awhile you need to carry it to the door and let it drain any water out that is still there. I usually crack the door with something so whatever is left will evaporate leaving you a clean, dry unit to start with the next time. ie...no leftover water. And watch the drain cap, it turns opposite of the direction you think it would and you don't want to overtighten it. Enjoy!

Tags
kz-rv