Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #1

Tom, I hear you are going to get some of that nasty ice this weekend, do me a favor and keep it north of the Red River, we don't need any of that stuff down here.
Looks like I better winterize the TH by Saturday morning. Lately I have been using the compressed air technique to winterize and I believe that is what I will do this time. I have wrapped all exposed water lines with insulation foam both under the TH and in the front storage compartment. That seemed to work at my hunting lease a few weeks ago when the temps got down to the low 20's and the lines were full of water so I am hoping blowing the water out of the lines and putting pink stuff down the p-traps will surfice. Only time will tell.

Don't freeze your hiney off.

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #2

Tom, I hear you are going to get some of that nasty ice this weekend, do me a favor and keep it north of the Red River, we don't need any of that stuff down here.
Looks like I better winterize the TH by Saturday morning. Lately I have been using the compressed air technique to winterize and I believe that is what I will do this time. I have wrapped all exposed water lines with insulation foam both under the TH and in the front storage compartment. That seemed to work at my hunting lease a few weeks ago when the temps got down to the low 20's and the lines were full of water so I am hoping blowing the water out of the lines and putting pink stuff down the p-traps will surfice. Only time will tell.

Don't freeze your hiney off.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 01-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't freeze your hiney off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It'd take a pretty good freeze!

Yep, I'm ready for it. Got extra fuel for the Gen and the shop heater is full. Doesn't look that bad unless the storm takes a different track but I'll be more than happy to send some of it down your way, I'd hate to keep all of it for myself and look selfish.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #4

I just love to see neighbors getting along...

"No...you take it."

"NO...YOU take it"

"No dang it...I want YOU to have it!"

"I'm not going to tell you again...YOU take it...I insist".

:bgh

You BOTh can KEEP it!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey TB, lets just turn and dump it all on our "friends" out west. I hear they might get some freezing anyway. Maybe we could order a little water to go along with it, eh.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #6

Tom, that sounds like a good idea. In fact that reminds me of when I first started posting on this forum a couple of years ago after I got my FS2300, I started a thread titled something like "Who uses their TH for hunting and fishing"
trying to find out who on the forum had similar interests in my area. That turned into a 5 page thread about ice fishing in So Cal, so they should enjoy the ice since they are such experts on ice fishing.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club

I remember that! As I remember after that didn't it go to barstool racing. Course, either one has to do with beverages so I guess it fits, huh. You know, ice and whatever. With all this ice coming I may not even have to run my ice maker this weekend.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:
Tom, that sounds like a good idea. In fact that reminds me of when I first started posting on this forum a couple of years ago after I got my FS2300, I started a thread titled something like "Who uses their TH for hunting and fishing"
trying to find out who on the forum had similar interests in my area. That turned into a 5 page thread about ice fishing in So Cal, so they should enjoy the ice since they are such experts on ice fishing.

TB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah yes...the Infamous Ice Fishing Thread. Turned out to be more fun than a barrel full of monkeys (and my ol-lady she don't care! )...

Hey...if it'll make you guys feel any better, we're supposed to have snow down to the 1500 ft level tonight and freeze warnings through Saturday...so lighten up you Francis'!!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Its started! Everything is icy already. Local forecast now is calling for up to two inches of ice by Sunday. Look out TB.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #10

I am going to winterize the TH as soon as I get home this evening.

WW FS2300
Old 01-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well TB, hope you've got it all done. its 16 degrees and counting here, ice coming down, so far more sleet than freezing rain, good news! Got all my fuel containers full, jeep and truck full. I figure if the power goes out I can make a week in the trailer without a problem. Besides, the alcohol cabinet is full too, no chance in freezing up.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #12

Hope you guys make it through all right. I can handle snow, but I hate ice storms.

We're having a cold snap here too. Only 5 inches of snow, but a high of 17? F and right now it's 8? F. It's going to be cooooold tonight.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy HD, I think you are right up there with us.

Hate to hear it. You know exactly how it is to put up with this junk. Hope your weather holds, I know its coming down your way too.

Hope Sean and the SC group get a chance to experience some of this fine stuff.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:08 AM   #14

bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! It's only 24.8* here this morning! No ice though (except for what's in the freezer ).

Actually the town of Redlands below us got more snow that we did- I think they got something like 1/2".