Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #1

Well, after a round trip of 4376 miles, I'm finally home. The truck ran AWESOME!!!
I still need to get the fuel receipts together to see how much it cost me. I kept checking the mileage and it went from a low of 12.6 towing the u-hall to a high of 16.2mpg. That was averaging 75 mph (cruise set). I'll figure out the total cost and mileage and post it later. The most expensive fuel was the last tank at home at $3.12/Gal (what a ripoff) lowest was $2.42 in Cheyane, WY. I travelled through 9 different states, and crossed 13 state lines. I did drive entirely through Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday, what a beautiful place. Highest point was at just over 12,000 ft.
It's going to take me the better part of tomorrow to clean the truck, I believe I caught every bug between Nebraska and Utah.

My drive from Kyla's apartment in Lincoln Nebraska started yesterday at 4:00am Pacific Time and ended this morning at 12:15am in Beaver Utah. 1148 miles in 20 hrs. I left Beaver this morning at 6:00am and got home at 2:15pm.

Now it's laundry and some light cleaning and SLEEP!!!!

Glad to be home, bummer I had to leave the kids in Nebraska, but she got a 5th grade teaching job in the #1 elementary school, in the #1 school district in Lincoln. She worked hard to get the job and were very proud of her and her hubby who also got hired by the same school distric as a mentor/tuitor while he goes to school.

And what does Robin do, she heads off for the day shopping with Vicki and a couple friends (doesn't even stay around to say Hi after 10 days)

Well it looks like I got ALOT of reading to do to catch up, HELLO to all the new folks her on the site (see alot of new names). It's looks like things are back to normal, Thanks Mikey, and I see Sean is up to his usual fun escopades... Sean, Tom is gonna get you GOOD.

Wes, have a great trip, oh heck too much to answer to right now....

I'll be back a little later....

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #2

Well, after a round trip of 4376 miles, I'm finally home. The truck ran AWESOME!!!
I still need to get the fuel receipts together to see how much it cost me. I kept checking the mileage and it went from a low of 12.6 towing the u-hall to a high of 16.2mpg. That was averaging 75 mph (cruise set). I'll figure out the total cost and mileage and post it later. The most expensive fuel was the last tank at home at $3.12/Gal (what a ripoff) lowest was $2.42 in Cheyane, WY. I travelled through 9 different states, and crossed 13 state lines. I did drive entirely through Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday, what a beautiful place. Highest point was at just over 12,000 ft.
It's going to take me the better part of tomorrow to clean the truck, I believe I caught every bug between Nebraska and Utah.

My drive from Kyla's apartment in Lincoln Nebraska started yesterday at 4:00am Pacific Time and ended this morning at 12:15am in Beaver Utah. 1148 miles in 20 hrs. I left Beaver this morning at 6:00am and got home at 2:15pm.

Now it's laundry and some light cleaning and SLEEP!!!!

Glad to be home, bummer I had to leave the kids in Nebraska, but she got a 5th grade teaching job in the #1 elementary school, in the #1 school district in Lincoln. She worked hard to get the job and were very proud of her and her hubby who also got hired by the same school distric as a mentor/tuitor while he goes to school.

And what does Robin do, she heads off for the day shopping with Vicki and a couple friends (doesn't even stay around to say Hi after 10 days)

Well it looks like I got ALOT of reading to do to catch up, HELLO to all the new folks her on the site (see alot of new names). It's looks like things are back to normal, Thanks Mikey, and I see Sean is up to his usual fun escopades... Sean, Tom is gonna get you GOOD.

Wes, have a great trip, oh heck too much to answer to right now....

I'll be back a little later....

Clark

Old 08-16-2005, 04:00 PM   #3

Welcome home Clark. Glad your trip was safe. We missed you. Someone needs to keep Sean in line!

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #4

Clark!!

HOME!!!!!!!

Now that you burnt up all the gas in the western U.S., whatda we gonna use?

Hey..you got a lot of reading to do to catch up...

Sean
Old 08-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #5

Where are you guys getting all the fun stuff on your posts???

I'm WAY behind the eight ball...

Clark

Old 08-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #6

I can see you drooling to find out!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Welcome back Clark, I need all the help I can get here. Glad your trip went well.

Now its my turn to get on the road for a few days. Off to Dallas.

Enjoy your reading!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #8

Welcome home Clark.........Glad you had a safe trip........4376 miles...WOW, what a haul.

Must be hard leaving your daughter so far away.

Tell us more about the Rocky Mountain National Park.

...and thanks Clark, we will have a great trip....been waiting for this one for a loooong time.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:37 PM   #9

Welcome back Clark I'm a newbie here so I'll just mind my P's and q's.

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Crime Pays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #10

CP

Well have to get together for a cold one...

Clark

Old 08-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crime Pays:
Welcome back Clark I'm a newbie here so I'll just mind my P's and q's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well CP...we'll just have to give ya the tee-shirt...

P's & Q's are very important around here, and judging by the amount of smileys I've found since you turned "us" onto them, poor 'ol FD's got some modding to do. Which brings me to my next point right after that last sentence for Mikey's sake...

Good stuff there all you Maynards, but "discretion is the better part of valour", so let's keep it good and clean so Mikey doesn't have to work overtime (when it ain't no fun), right?

I'll drink to that ...who else will?!!!!!

Sean
Old 08-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #12

WW fan I'm glad you mentioned it because these tools can easily be taken away from us if we police ourselves.

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Old 08-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.CARNEY:
CP

Well have to get together for a cold one...

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anytime Clark anytime... heck whats Diirk doin lets all have a cold one.

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Old 08-16-2005, 09:17 PM   #14

Now to get back to catching up on my reading...

Clark