Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:43 AM   #15

James,

Welcome to irv2, great bunch here so post often, Landsailing sounds like great fun. I'm with FatDog on this, we gotta see lots of pics of this.

RRC/AMC,

Mmmmmm....Nothing like tri tip and a good brew.

K2bikerider,

Your destination sounds great. Camping on a lake with riding access, NICE.

Matt,

I'm going to have to make it out to that part of Missouri. Wow, 70's to 80's water temp. The temp of the Truckee River that flows near my home is in the 40's. Brrrrr.

FD,

Doin' anything special?.........Not work I hope.

Clark,

That's great you can enjoy Independence Day with your family and friends.

I was on a USFS fire crew for a few years. Nothing like working twice as hard, while everyone else is enjoying the holiday.

As for the injuries you take care of.....did I ever tell you firemen/paramedics are my heros?
My hat's off to you.

Have a great time, you deserve it.

Tom,

You can do better than yard work. The grass just grows back anyway.

Fire up the bar-B and sip a few suds.

Wes

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
This 4th really is one of the best holidays we have. Theres just something about it. ...
...picnics, watermelons, burgers, (tri-tip ), a few days off, .. its just a Norman Rockwell sort of time ....

I am going to be able to mess with the LE3305 and really spend sometime on it.
And I always have some projects in the garage. Last week I received my engine for the BarStool racer i'm making - a Tecumseh PowerSport 6.5 h.p., and i'm laying out the frame which i'm welding using 1x1" square tube. Have some Douglas wheels and Dunlop slicks (11.5-888-6) on order and hope they'll arrive this week as well.
I have a streched Paughco frame and a 18" over Springer that I am moving my '63 Pan eng/tran into, ...
..and I'll load the quads on our flatbed and take the FatDoggies to Alpine Valley for a day of picnicing and getting dirty.
I am looking forward to this weekend.

And Tom, basically the gardening is what i look forward to. Keeping a lawn green, which i can't ever claim ours is, is one of those joys of summer. Standing out there with a water-hose in one hand and a Bud in the other ... I sometimes don't care how long i have to stand there ...

and Clark, i still laugh whan i hear that St. Paddy's Day bar story. I am really risk adverse at the shop because of how extremely expensive that liability can be. So i just laugh thinking there is some bar owner who keeps watching his patrons fall aff a broken barstool and bang their head up, he just keeps pushes the barstool back up against the bar and keeps watching more and more people climb onto it??? Now there is a guy we need to go fishing with sometime .

Happy 4th guys !!

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:18 PM   #17

Personally, I've never been the fireworks kinda guy...I like the 3 days off, though! Come to think about it, I like ANY days off, so that would put the 4th in the same arena as any of the others!

That Bar Stool story is sumpthin' else, Clark! It took 4 people out before they figgered it out? Wow! I think It'll hafta go with Mikey on his thought that the guy was probably just laugin' and hollerin' behind the bar thinking what dumba$$s those people could be! And you took the barstool...that's the funny part!

And howdy to all the others....jab3143, RRC, K2, and Matt!! Hope you're enjoying your stay here on the TH site...

And to my other friend, poor 'ol Tom, who's probably already got the 'ol ball & chain tied to the lawnmower...then has to work next WEEK...what the heck you been doin THIS week! You turkey! Wes has got the idea...grab the TH's icemaker, set it on the back (or front) porch, stack all the booze on top of it, set it on "Kill", and drink all weekend! And don't forget: if you're gonna 'Drink & Mow', DON'T FOR GET THE MOWER!!!

Hey everyone....expect alot poop-load of pics being posted next week! Especially you Fatty!

Have a good 4th everyone!

Sean
Old 06-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
And I always have some projects in the garage. Last week I received my engine for the BarStool racer i'm making - a Tecumseh PowerSport 6.5 h.p., and i'm laying out the frame which i'm welding using 1x1" square tube. Have some Douglas wheels and Dunlop slicks (11.5-888-6) on order and hope they'll arrive this week as well.

Happy 4th guys !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

check this one out...CLICK HERE

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Bud, been a little hot here for manual labor. Figure ice maker, mower, hey, even got a cup holder on the mower, what more do you need. Long as I don't run into any trees while mowing I should be good to go,
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:48 PM   #20

Ok,,
Being the TRUE american that I am,,, I am going to the Desert (Johnson Valley) and Fire off my Morters,,, Big Boomers... Drink lots and blow my head off when I do something stupid.

Ahhh, life is good.
Anyone wanting to join,, drop a line...

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
And I always have some projects in the garage. Last week I received my engine for the BarStool racer i'm making - a Tecumseh PowerSport 6.5 h.p., and i'm laying out the frame which i'm welding using 1x1" square tube. Have some Douglas wheels and Dunlop slicks (11.5-888-6) on order and hope they'll arrive this week as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I knew it. When you asked me about that place in Tulsa I just knew what you were up to FD. Next you'll will want to go lawn mower racing!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next you'll will want to go lawn mower racing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i suspect i will Tom, as i was bummed to find that there doesn't appear to be any organized barstool racing out here. Appears that karting is as strong in the midwest as h.s. football is in OK and TX.
and RRC/AMC, that guys barstooler is nice! (i see one guy on that thread ribbed him a bit for having one front tire on backwards?). But that Pennzoil barstool he has is to kill for!!, although its only a single runger. i had to look around a while to get a good, and yet still cheap enough, double runger. Its a Coca-Cola barstool. With the torque you can get on a good sized 6.5 h.p., and a 75 tooth rear sprocket instead of like say a 40 tooth, you are going to be scraping the wheelie bar a lot. Thats why I wanted the extra security of a double runger stool (i gotta be kidding ). In the BarStoolRace league i looked at in the Midwest at some track, they required there to be a beer holder permanently attached to the racer. I think that tells you something about the sport.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:24 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You know, there's been so many people post on this thread that I don't know, let alone the ones I do:

I'm gonna say; have a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend and come back and tell us all about it. I get tired of seeing WWFan's and FD's name on all these threads, let alone mine.

We need some fresh blood that isn't contaminated yet.

And to our Troops in harms way and all over the world, Keep the faith!

Happy 4th!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
You know, there's been so many people post on this thread that I don't know, let alone the ones I do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom, I second that emotion. As I've said before, you guys sure can fill up a page real quick like!

King Salami and I (since we can't go RVing ) will prolly throw back a few at our neighborhood block party (been going on for almost 40 consecutive July 4ths). I'd give anything to be hanging out someplace cool with you guys though.

Enjoy the day.
Be safe.
Laugh a lot.
And give a toast to our uniformed friends and family that are not able to be home this holiday.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thats our girl!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #26

Big 10-4 Sandy!!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #27

Sandy,,
Whats up with a No GO? Lose your Rig?

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #28

RRC:

That is the sweetist looking bar-stool racer I think I've seen (which would account for, er...THAT one!)...just what I believe a BS racer should look like...now...where's the NOX switch, the shocks, the steering dampner, and the BAR?!

I see a future contest going on here...we'll have to term Howie a 'wet-mouth' (already know FatDog is!).

Sean