Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #1

Is 44' too big?

I am looking at a Cyclone 4115 which is 44' long but am concerned the size will exclude me from many RV parks. Is 44' too long?

Thanks in advance.
Markastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markastone View Post
I am looking at a Cyclone 4115 which is 44' long but am concerned the size will exclude me from many RV parks. Is 44' too long?

Thanks in advance.
Prior to my Tour we had a 40' Keystone Raptor with 3 axles towed by my F 450 diesel dually. There were a few parks we had a tough time with or could not get into but they were far and few in between. Besides, there was always another campsite near by where we did camp. So to me, it's a non issue.

If you like the floor plan, go for it. In my opinion and after reading the forums, people usually trade for the larger more amenities laden coach.

Good luck
Old 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

My wife says size don't matter🤔
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #4

We moved from a 40' to a 45' last year. It's slightly more of a challenge but I would say 95% of the time it's about the same.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
We moved from a 40' to a 45' last year. It's slightly more of a challenge but I would say 95% of the time it's about the same.
But that is a class A with a tow...
Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you were in the Northeast or Midwest, ya you would have to research everywhere you wanted to go. But out west, things are far more open. Bro, had a 40' triple axle, and he had his far share of "0pps" moments.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #7

I think too a lot of parks are starting to make spaces large enough for the bigger trailers. Large toy haulers are all the rage now so I feel like the parks are going to have to start catering to them or miss out on a lot of future tourism.
RIDINGisLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, it will exclude you from some parks, and no, it isn’t too big. There is always another park where you will fit.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #9

Most camp grounds and State and National Parks have upgraded their campgrounds to accept up to 45 foot rigs. The problem is maneuvering into and out of the camp ground. Also many only have a limited number of large spaces and fill up quick. You will need to plan ahead more thoughly and make reservations more often.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #10

Howdy!

We have a 44’ Cyclone we fulltime in and yes it can be a challenge, you just need to plan ahead.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #11

We have a 44 foot Spartan 5th and have had little to no trouble finding spaces. State Parks and newer private campgrounds seem to all have upgraded for larger rigs. Especially huge pull thru's. Eight thousand miles and every state between and including Utah and South Carolina. Go big or........you know the rest.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblum View Post
My wife says size don't matter🤔
You lucky Guy!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #13

If you plan on living in the 5er for any length of time, then heck no...it's not to big.
If you just take spurts here and there, then I'd look carefully.
We bought our very first camper last year and it's a 4105 (44' total)...and I'm LOVIN' it.
We became snowbirds this year, so taking the golf cart is great to put in garage, and when we're there, it's my sewing room with storage on the upper bunk (which by the way, we had additional holes drilled on the HappyJack so when the bunk is up, it doesn't go all the way, leaving a good 2+ feet storage for my extra sewing supplies.
Back to subject....44':
You become a full fledged semi on the road. We've never found a place we couldn't park, but we don't dry camp (except in WalMart parking lots driving from here to there).
Another thing...you might seriously consider an air horn for those stupid drivers who think you're a shorty trailer and try and pull out in front of you, forcing you to hit the brakes (been there, done that).
MarkandTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkandTracy View Post
If you plan on living in the 5er for any length of time, then heck no...it's not to big.
If you just take spurts here and there, then I'd look carefully.
We bought our very first camper last year and it's a 4105 (44' total)...and I'm LOVIN' it.
We became snowbirds this year, so taking the golf cart is great to put in garage, and when we're there, it's my sewing room with storage on the upper bunk (which by the way, we had additional holes drilled on the HappyJack so when the bunk is up, it doesn't go all the way, leaving a good 2+ feet storage for my extra sewing supplies.
Back to subject....44':
You become a full fledged semi on the road. We've never found a place we couldn't park, but we don't dry camp (except in WalMart parking lots driving from here to there).
Another thing...you might seriously consider an air horn for those stupid drivers who think you're a shorty trailer and try and pull out in front of you, forcing you to hit the brakes (been there, done that).
The air horn doesnt stop idiots from pulling out in front of you, but it does give you a little satisfaction to see them jump out of their seats when you lay on the horn. Its kind of fun in tunnels as well. lol