Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #1

I saw the FlashCube posted in another forum and it's exactly what I was looking for. I spoke with the mfg and we can arrange a group buy for those that are interested. Actual pricing will vary based upon interest. PM or post if so...
Here's the info:

What is the flashCube?
The flashCube is an inexpensive and easy to use accessory that provides emergency flashers and campsite illumination to 5th wheel and travel trailers. The flashCube is less than 5" in all directions and weighs less than 1 pound so it should easily find a home in your RV's basement or storage cabinets.

Why do I need the flashCube?
If you've ever had to leave your 5th wheel or travel trailer on the side of the road because of a mechanical breakdown, you know that your trailer has no emergency flashers once the tow vehicle has been disconnected. Without emergency flashers to warn oncoming traffic, your trailer is an accident waiting to happen. The situation gets even worse at night when your trailer may not be seen until it's too late.

With the flashCube, you can have emergency flashers on your 5th wheel or travel trailer even when your tow vehicle is disconnected. The flashCube will insure that your trailer will be easily seen by other motorists while you're away seeking help.

The flashCube also provides campsite illumination by operating your trailer's running lights while you are camping. Your trailers running lights will softly illuminate your campsite. No more stumbling around in the dark. No more banged knees or banged heads while walking around your trailer after dark.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #2

I saw the FlashCube posted in another forum and it's exactly what I was looking for. I spoke with the mfg and we can arrange a group buy for those that are interested. Actual pricing will vary based upon interest. PM or post if so...
Here's the info:

What is the flashCube?
The flashCube is an inexpensive and easy to use accessory that provides emergency flashers and campsite illumination to 5th wheel and travel trailers. The flashCube is less than 5" in all directions and weighs less than 1 pound so it should easily find a home in your RV's basement or storage cabinets.

Why do I need the flashCube?
If you've ever had to leave your 5th wheel or travel trailer on the side of the road because of a mechanical breakdown, you know that your trailer has no emergency flashers once the tow vehicle has been disconnected. Without emergency flashers to warn oncoming traffic, your trailer is an accident waiting to happen. The situation gets even worse at night when your trailer may not be seen until it's too late.

With the flashCube, you can have emergency flashers on your 5th wheel or travel trailer even when your tow vehicle is disconnected. The flashCube will insure that your trailer will be easily seen by other motorists while you're away seeking help.

The flashCube also provides campsite illumination by operating your trailer's running lights while you are camping. Your trailers running lights will softly illuminate your campsite. No more stumbling around in the dark. No more banged knees or banged heads while walking around your trailer after dark.

2007 Rally site
Old 07-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #3

I found those here on an irv2 banner ad and posted it on the "other" forum.

The FlashCube would be great for road side emergencies or just nice around the camp.

I'm going to get one, so if you can work a good deal.....I'm in. Let me know the details when you have them. Thanks,

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Actually you can do this with a simple "Jumper" between the 12 volt supply pin and the runing light pins on your seven prong trailer light connector.

We do this when we display trailers at shows. Just connect a two prong flasher in the jumper and the running lights flash...

Do the same thing yourself for less than ten bucks if you have to buy everything.... THe flasher is the most expensive part....

Don
Old 07-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #5

Eric:

I can't seem to be around when that banner comes up- I've looked at this before, but what is the cost?

Sean
Old 07-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #6

Sean,

Here's the link to their web site.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually you can do this with a simple "Jumper" between the 12 volt supply pin and the runing light pins on your seven prong trailer light connector.

We do this when we display trailers at shows. Just connect a two prong flasher in the jumper and the running lights flash...

Do the same thing yourself for less than ten bucks if you have to buy everything.... THe flasher is the most expensive part....
Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hate to sound so electronically challenged,..
but Don what flasher are you putting inbetween those two leads??
And i suppose you have found the "running light" lead and the "12 volt batt" lead when the running light turn on.
I mean that idea is simple and hugely effective!
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:30 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
If you look at the7 wire connector with the bump on top, the 1st hole to the right is 12v, the first to the left is coach lights. Make a short jumper to each or as Dirk said a 2 prong flasher.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:02 AM   #9

Dave:

Actuallly it was Don (W5IT) that suggested the jumper...both ideas are great! But I thinkt he flash cube gives you to opportunity to have either solid or flashing running lights, which, I guess if you really knew your 12v wiring, you could do both.

Sean
Old 07-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #10

Actually, I believe the choice you get is solid running lights or flashing tail lights. I asked them about flashing running lights, assuming correctly that folks like us would enjoy that too. The retail price is $49.95, I'm going to wait a few more days to guage interest and see how many folks are interested, then get pricing info.

2007 Rally site
Old 07-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
If you use the jumper as we said all the running lights will light including the tail. Plug in a flasher and all will flash. Have to remember of course you are using your battery and don't want to run it down.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #12

The home made idea sounds like an easy task but I have not bought a flasher is so long I have no idea what they cost these days. If it's half the cost of this then $49 doesn't seem too bad for the plug and play professional look.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Grizman, just got back from shopping with the Hovergirl, while she was doing vittles I went to the auto section and picked up a Buss Heavy Duty flasher to make a jumper. $1.97 (rub,rub we don't have sales tax in oregano land)
Old 07-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #14

I may be interested on a group buy, what's the discount?

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote