Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2005, 08:04 PM   #29

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We took out 33 truckloads of dirt to make it happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
man !! its not the dirt work that worries me at my place, it would be the 20' retaining wall. those things don't come real cheap.

so i rent a dogpound for the r'5. harsh
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #30

Awww...Fatdog! It's only money (didn't take too long to shell out $30k plus- now did it?), and if I see your LE in a dawgpound, well...I'll just haveta call the authorities!

Actually, you're 100% correct...we put in over 1400 split-face block for nothing over a 5ft wall, and that's where the money is (not to mention the 95 yards of concrete, or as my flatwork guy saiz...'cee-ment')!

"there are vays ve can make you holt you rv at yoar homz"!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #31

Here's a different view of the toy crib. not as fancy as Sean's but it holds everything safely.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:47 PM   #32

Clark!! There you are!!

Hey..looks great! But I can see why it's not like mine...it's sittin' on that boat trailer!!

You've also got alot more backyard that I do...imagine the party there.....when?!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #33

Clark,
You were lucky to find a Rancho Vista house with enough sideyard to handle your rig, besides a boat too. Very cool. I have some friends that live in your area with a Raptor they managed to shoehorn into their side yard.
We don't really have that issue, more than enough room for the trailer, even with my limited backing skills.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #34

Hey Eric, whats up!!!

I bought in Rancho Vista when they were first developing it, ground floor kind of thing. I have the largest usuable lot in the tract, there are 2-3 bigger but they are all hillside. We wanted something that the kids could place in safely. We had a pool, and still have a 1/2 basketball court and LOTS of grass. We were lucky because in our 1st phase they left approx. 25' between the homes. In each of the next phases, they closed up the space to 10' so they could add a couple additional houses to each block.

If you come this way like going to the mall, go up 50th West, turns into Rancho Vista Blvd, and just after you pass the signal at the Boulders start looking to the left and you can see the trailer from the road. I've had 4 people come by to look at it after seeing it from the street.

I'll have to ride out to your place on the bike one day when I'm out cruising the canyons.

See ya, Clark

Old 05-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #35

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Clark, nice yard. that is really worth its weight in gold having all that usable room.
and speaking of 'Clark's RV crib', isn't that your rig profiled on the front page of iRV2?
It looks like your rig has a home there for a day or two.
And enough room for a basketball court, now thats talking. We had a half-court back home as kids. The neighborhood kids had a b-ball game everyday of the year for many years in a row.
We'll have to put together a RV invitational b-ball tourney? ahhh, what am i thinking, a BBQ and a small draft beer sounds just as good right now.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:44 PM   #36

Mike,

When the kids were little we had "the house" that all the kids wanted to comeover and play at. We just decided to make it kid friendly, as a matter of fact, we even had some friends rent it out for b-day parties for their kids. But now were in the stage of reconfiguration, out with the pool, in with the toy parking, cut out some grass, added on to the deck and added a fire pit. We still have one area we just dont know what to do with, maybe a planter???

Sometimes big yards are nice, sometimes there not...

Say, that good looking rig on the front page looks familiar!!!

Clark