Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:18 AM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Rhonda:

Hey there! I'm gonna echo Clark's comment: "Very nice truck for a CHEVY!!"

Like him, we've also got a new truck...05 F350 King Ranch PSD Dually...it sure makes things alot easier with these larger rigs!

If you haven't noticed already, we're trying to get Mikey to hop off that fence and git him one too!! In fact, it's time for an update from him!

Congrats Rhonda!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Sean! And congrats on your new truck as well!

Rhonda in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2005, 06:21 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
Hey Rhonda,

Nice truck!

I've been thinking about switching to a Chevy on my next one, heard that Alison tranny is real nice.

If you're looking for a test run, hook it up to that TH and join us at the Appalachian Camper's summer rally next weekend. So far there's 10 rigs signed up to go, we'll have a great time.

Hope to see y'all there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh wow, that sounds like a great time! I'm afraid we can't get away in August. Oldest daughter is getting married the end of August so you know what I'm busy doing.

If ya'll do it again next year, we'd love to go!

My husband loves the D/A. He love the whole truck and so do I, lol!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:05 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Alright Rhonda. Another proud Chevy owner. That is beautiful

FatDog now is your chance to come to the darkside. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! We are quite partial to Chevy's. (actually it's my husband's favor, I think they are ALL nice looking )

Old 07-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldenwingers:
We love ours and I am sure you will be happy with yours. Congrats on your new TV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOVE the matching graphics on your truck!! Who did that for you???

Old 07-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Gosh don & Sheri:

That is just the beautiful setup there!

Mikey: If Clark, \Bob, and I find that you've step foot on a GM lot, wellll....

To all the D/Max peeps, but us Ford guys gotta stick together! You did see my license plate frame, didn't you?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! LOVE your plates, even if we are Chevy owners, lol!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Rhonda, that's one sweet truck. Matching graphics really set it off. Congrats!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:15 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't wait to hitch up and hit the road! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rhonda,
you guys have built yourself a wonderful combo-rig !
I love to hear more about it.

And look at the graphics that Don and Sheri (GoldenWingers) have put on their truck !

You Chevy folk seem to have a flair !!

Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Mike! I know, look at those graphics Goldenwinger has. That is really cool.

More about our truck? Well, one other thing that we really love is the XM Radio that came with it. I've had it on my car for 2 years now, but my husband only had regular radio on his 2003 2500HD. He has to drive a lot on his job so this helps him pass the time. Also, it has nice leather seats. We've never had a crew cab before so we really love the fact that the back doors can open without the front doors being open first.

My husband (Allyn) came home last night and installed the hitch in our new truck by himself. All the extras that have been done to it, he did since he got it 2 weeks ago. (hitch, bedliner, pin striping, tool box installation, steps, bug flector, rain guards) he's good at that kind of thing and he loves doing it. He came home with a pamphlet about chrome wheels (unfortunately the dually comes with painted wheels) so I feel our wallet turning over again, lol.

I get a rush every time I look at that truck. I think it's sexy....is that a bad thing???

Old 07-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoverbug:
Rhonda, that's one sweet truck. Matching graphics really set it off. Congrats! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but I think you're seeing Goldenwingers truck with the matching graphics. Thanks anyway though.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I'm sorry, what was I thinkin? But you gotta admit both rigs are nice.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big buford:
Rhonda, Wow that will make for one beautiful rig going down the road. Only thing I don't like about mine is the pass side tow mirror. You could sneak a whole football team up on that side of the rig. A blind spot mirror and i was back in business. Congrats and kudos for picking the right brand! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Update on my reply to your post: My husband fixed that blind spot problem (he just told me reading the posts) by putting some small blind spot mirrors on it (concave or convex?). Anyway, problem solved! Made a world of difference. Before doing that change, he could hardly see what was coming behind him on either side.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #25

Though you can't see all the modifications that my husband has done to the truck, here is the finished product! (for now anyway, lol!)

Old 07-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big buford:
Rhonda, Wow that will make for one beautiful rig going down the road. Only thing I don't like about mine is the pass side tow mirror. You could sneak a whole football team up on that side of the rig. A blind spot mirror and i was back in business. Congrats and kudos for picking the right brand! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the mirror we bought to see better. Allyn demonstrated how horrible it was to see anything coming from behind to beside you with the regular mirrors and how much of an improvement these other mirrors are. Wow, what a difference! Are yours like these?

Old 07-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #27

Rhonda,

It's nice to see another Chevy dually fan! We love
our truck too.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rhonda in NC:

Here's the mirror we bought to see better. Allyn demonstrated how horrible it was to see anything coming from behind to beside you with the regular mirrors and how much of an improvement these other mirrors are. Wow, what a difference! Are yours like these?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rhonda,

I always say the bigger the better