Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Keystone Fuzion

Any Keystone Fuzion owners out there want to weigh in on their TH's. We are getting ready to go for our final walk through before I wright the dealership a check on friday and I was wondering from other owners if there were things we should look for. Have any of you had any problems that could have been caught early or is it just the luck of the draw. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
buckeyefarm...You can find a printable PDI Checklist here to take with you.
Some people also suggest you have one person videotape the walk-thru so you can go back later to see what you forgot the first time! When do you pick it up?
Good Luck - Don't forget to take lots of photos!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
I pick it up when ever my new truck gets delivered or when the weather gets nice enough I can't stand it and take one of my semi's up to get it. Right now I can't hardly wait.................... until I look outside
Old 02-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Just curious which dealership you are getting it at.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
We are getting it from General RV, we purchased it through the home store in Wixom MI but are picking it up in Brownstown due to the fact the model at the Wixom store was used at the RV shows and we didn't want that if they couldn't knock off some more on the price. Apparently we must have bought it right because they couldn't move any more off of the price and they have four of these in stock at different stores.

Does anyone have experience good or bad with General RV. We were very happy with them at the Cleveland IX center show but have no other dealings with them... or any other dealer since this is the first RV. I know..... from a tent to a 42' toy hauler is a big leap but we decided to go head first.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #6

We have shopped them before but there prices were always too high, we bought from Allseasons Rv over in Muskegon, they do not carry Fuzion but Lakeshore rv does. We shipped there also and they have some super low prices. Allseasons had the brand we wanted, both are known as low price leaders, you might check to see if they have your fuzion if you have not already inked the paper. Hope all goes well and you enjoy your new rv!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #7

Things to check on a Fuzion since I've encountered these after purchasing one at Birch Run RVGeneral last September.
First weekend after bringing it home found: "Waterford RVGeneral Answers"
The generator would only run for 3 mins then shut off ... there was a "plastic cap on barbed fitting at tank".
Couldn't pump gasoline with gas pump ... "bad fuel station pump".
Remote control for radio, mp3, DVD wouldn't work "the remote control didn't match the unit".
The fuel pump door wouldn't lock "latch not properly installed".
Drawer in Master Bedroom wouldn't stay closed "catch mounted too far back".
TV in bedroom indicated it had a low signal "loose end on cable".
Decal peeling "came in wrong from factory".
Spare propane tank driver’s side wouldn't latch "longer straps installed".
Front Driver's side needs caulk at plastic trim "came from factory that way"
THESE ARE ALL QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT BEFORE THE UNIT LEFT THE LINE!
Wait ... there's more ...
Picked up trailer after it had been at Waterford General for at least 4 weeks in order to take first trip to deer hunt.
Oct 19th traveled to Michigan UP for 10 day deer hunt. Enroute there encountered difficulty putting gasoline in the trailer gas station but got it filled also had difficulty putting water into fresh water tank but got it filled (these come back to haunt us).
Camp established on the 19th in 20 minutes ... trailer disconnected, quads out of the garage, chairs set out and suds a flowin ... life was great ... little did we know we were embarking on the deer camp from hell with this trailer
Problems encountered ... "Birch Run RVGeneral answers"
Discovered oven pilot light wouldn't stay lit once it reaches temperature " removed pilot light and cleaned unit tested for 2 hrs at 350 degrees"
Caulk missing from 1/3 of sink bowl in bathroom "caulked"
Microwave clock would race ahead 45 mins in a 24hr period "replaced microwave"
Stove light bezel was missing "installed part"
Refrigerator slide out had carpet frayed on a corner "reseamed carpet"
Lock on front door not working "replaced lock assembly"
Went to refill gas tank for the generator and couldn't pour gas in from a 5 gal container. Discovered that the filler cap was lower than the top of the tank!!! "installed additional angle iron framing and lowered fuel tank 1 1/2 inches" QC issue, you bet! (Remember we had this fill problem on the way up but when we were using a pressurized pump it forced the fuel in.) We disassembled the filler cap and got it high enough to pour in the fuel from a 5 gal container.
Needed to add water to the fresh water tank with 5 gal containers. Couldn't get it to go in at all (First fill was with pressurized water that went in with difficulty) In trying to get the water in the tank we wound up with water coming out from under the TV cabinet area. Looked for an access panel ... none to be found. Pulled the speaker at the bottom of the TV stand and discovered the water line to fill the tank was routed over a coaxial cable for the TV. The coax cable was pulled up raising the water fill line about 4 inches above the filler hole before going into the tank. Another QC issue from the factory!!! Also sawdust and hole cut plugs left in that area. After we rerouted the water line water went in with difficulty "excessive water line below floor, shortened and reassembled".
Then I just went crazy and found every little flaw I could find to have fixed when I got back to the Dealer Birch Run RVGeneral.
water tank gauge registered 1/3 full and would not pump
wheel cap missing from wheel
bedroom dresser top excessive scratches
bedroom TV had a discolored screen when off
back of couch stitching was coming unraveled
trim on the left side of TV cabinet wasn't fastened (only at top and bottom)
pump rattled more as we used it
bottom of front door seal was too short letting in flies
black vinyl above glass doorwall was fraying
rear security light was out and half filled with water
top of door alignment below TV was off by a 1/4 inch.
With all of this occurring I still like the trailer very much. The company has horrible quality control practices (check yours carefully). My research found the Fuzion to be a top quality trailer. I think the service I got from from the Waterford RVGeneral wasn't as good (because I didn't buy the trailer there) as the Birch Run RVGeneral .
Look your Fuzion over carefully because the Quality Control where they are manufactured is deficient to non existing.
Other than that it's a great rig.

bedroom dresser top excessive scratches
bedroom TV had a discolored screen when off
back of couch stitching was coming unraveled
trim on the left side of TV cabinet wasn't fastened (only at top and bottom)
pump rattled more as we used it
bottom of front door seal was too short letting in flies
black vinyl above glass doorwall was fraying
rear security light was out and half filled with water
top of door alignment below TV was off by a 1/4 inch.
With all of this occurring I still like the trailer very much. The company has horrible quality control practices (check yours carefully). My research found the Fuzion to be a top quality trailer. I think the service I got from from the Waterford RVGeneral wasn't as good (because I didn't buy the trailer there) as the Birch Run RVGeneral.
Look your Fuzion over carefully because the Quality Control where they are manufactured is deficient to non existing.
Other than that it's a great rig.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #8

Wow! All those issues should have been caught by your dealer before you left the lot.

Absolutely zero issues with mine. Been a great rig so far.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #9

The rest of the story ... contacted Keystone RV about issues with Fusion. Excellent assistance from Michelle in Customer Service to arrive at fair and equitable customer concession.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #10

Good to hear. Looks like Keystone will stand by their product and make things right for you.
Keep us updated.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #11

I dont have a Fuzion but I do have a Keystone Raptor, so far so good. You know it really is amazing the difference in the whole experience that a good dealer makes. I had some minor issues that my dealer (Explore USA) found before I did. Keystone sent all the parts and thet are taking care of everything for me.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #12

I have an Issue with my Fuzion 398 filling up with smoke when using the oven/stove. I'm trying to work with Keystone to get a fan installed in the skylight in the kitchen and you'd think I was asking them to murder the first born of everyone that works for keystone!! They absolutely refuse and are adimant that I do NOT have an Issue.. however the battery to my smoke detector laying on the kitchen counter tells me otherwise.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #13

We bought ours at Lakeshore Rv in Muskegon Mi, love it!! saved thousands over Generals price, just shop around!! Enjoy your new Fuzion!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #14

We got ours used but it was only 7 months used, they took it out 2 times and decided it was just to big for the 2 of them, We love ours, I have had to do our own QC on a lot of things, but I expected it as I used to own a WW and that was a non stop QC, when we sold the WW it was like a new unit, Our Fuzion by no means is pefect and I have contacted Keystone serveral times about there QC, but there customer service in my book is above par, they took care of items that needed to be replaced under warranty and we are the 2nd owners, I have a huge list of things I still want to do to it, these are not things that are wrong with it, its just things I want to improve on for our own personal comfort
we are happy and the price we paid for it was way way way below what we would have paid for one new, and its about as new as it could get,
we got it and the gen only had 30 hours on it, and there was about 900 miles on the trailer that could be documented, after the delivery of the unit to CA
I'll post some pix this week