Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM   #1

Any of you veterans have any PDI make sure and checks..... before Delivery tomorrow? I have a PDI checklist I got here that is about 5 pages long. How long should it take?

Thanks
Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM   #2

Any of you veterans have any PDI make sure and checks..... before Delivery tomorrow? I have a PDI checklist I got here that is about 5 pages long. How long should it take?

Thanks
Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #3

Don,

Take a night light or some small electrical device that you can plug in at all outlets to make sure you have power to all the plugs. Touch everything, turn all handles, open all doors, make them fill the water tanks, check for leaks and pump operation at all faucets including outside shower. Fire up stove and oven, and refrig on propane. Walk around entire rig and feel the sides, anyplace that looks funny. Take your time, try to look closely. Open and close all windows and shades.

Otherwise, see that everything works the way it is supposed to and looks like it's supposed to.

When you hook up, check all lights for proper function and the brakes of course.

When you get home, take pictures and post for us to gawk at....

Good luck buddy on your pickup of your new baby. Congrats early!!!

Clark & Robin

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:10 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
CONGRATs DON !!
I can just imagine the grin on your mug when you pull into that dealership tommorrow and see that just-washed, shiny beast sitting there waiting for you. It really is an incredible moment.

I am though, not quite sure what to think of this ol' PDI procedure.
What seems to me to be such an incredibly important part of buying a complex vehicle like a liveable RV, but the dealers seem to be glossing over this part these days.
I guess in a way i can kind of see their point. A PDI to a person relatively new to RVing could easily take 4+ hours. All systems should be checked out. But even the dealer whom i have used for years, seems to now gloss over the PDI, whereas years ago would go into excruciating detail. I even heard one dealer is CHARGING a couple hundred bucks for the PDI if needed.

heres a couple pending ???'s around here:

- if you have a slide on your LE, determine how easy it is to handcrank
- a couple of us have pulled away with nails in the factory tires
- my breakers were mislabelled (no big deal IF i know about it, and have found out about it when it isn't pitch dark outside)

check every fuse and breaker to make sure you know what they are for
I called up my dealer a few hours before i got there, and told them to fire up my refriderator. I told them that thing better be BEER-COLD when i got there. (aint no other way to see if it works)

Don, i REALLY look forward to hearing from you tommorrow nite!!!!!!!!
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:29 PM   #5

Thanks guys

Nails or screws in the tires I would have forgot that one. Seams prudent considering it rolled around the factory where there are a lot of screws and nails

I get the feeling they will try and rush but they better be ready for me because I'm going to be thorough and they charged me for it so I'm getting my moneys worth

06 LE 3505
Old 07-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... but they better be ready for me because I'm going to be thorough... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good man Don !
when they see you walking into the dealership tommorrow morning with a big lunch-pail and a sleeping bag under your arm, i'm pretty sure they'll get the picture that you are there for the long haul
Old 07-26-2005, 07:57 PM   #7

I called today and asked them exactly what time they expect it on there lot because I want to get as early a start on swapping the pin box as I can. You know what there reply was! It should only take 1/2 hour to do PDI you'l have plenty of time to swap your pin after were done. My apt is 4:30! You know what my next question was? What time do you expect my trailer on your lot? 12:00 he says. I said see ya at 11:00

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #8

Ooooooooo...Don!!

Some very goods points that everyone's made here, and I especially like the one about having the PDI guy show you how to hand-crank the slide and check out the breakers, but just remember one thing...it's a good idea to document all the obvious sutff, but you've got a two-year warranty, and you can ALWAYS get anything fixed in that time. Moski was about to not take delivery because of the bed thing, but I convinced her that if we don't take delivery, they'll just dilly-dally around and it'll be another 4-6 weeks before we get to take her home. Kinda like a new baby...OK...baby's got a "whort" (man...can't believe I'm using this one, but can't think of another!), but do you want the kid to stay in the hospital for another couple of days before you can get 'er home? NO!!!

Now...if you see obvious issues, like the siding looks like it's gonna peel off 5 miles down the road, or the axles look like they're taking 4 different directions at the same time, OK...stop and tell them you're gonna throw it back. But they've already gone through most of that. You've got the luxury of being pretty close to Perris, so chill out, take a really good look, hook 'er up, and drive 'er home like a proud parent. There'll be issues, believe me (you didn't get to try out that 'hank-crank' Sunday situation on the last trip...poor 'ol \Bob's already commissioned his 'No' vote on the next excercise), but take her out for a shakedown and get it all listed at one time. I hear about sooooooo many people that take it to the dealer for every little problem: if they just realized that is can all be done within a few trips.

Happy Gettin' Dude!!!

Sean
Old 07-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #9

Exactly Griz!!
(half an hour??!??!)
I'll tell you though Griz, we have a ton of combinded WW and LE knowledge around here. At least make sure it is sweet, we probably know more then their PDI guy anyway.

56Nomad will be contacting you soon regarding the mods he has scheduled you for.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:13 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

56Nomad will be contacting you soon regarding the mods he has scheduled you for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes! Forgot about that Mike! Wow...that'll take a couple of weeks! Griz...make sure you've got plenty of beer and wine!

Sean
Old 07-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #11

You bet, I look foward to lessons from the master

You know I wanted to look at all you guys mods the other weekend but we were all to busy yacking quenching our thurst and feeding the transmission its diet of red Cranberry juice.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 PM   #12

Griz,

Good luck tomorrow.........I know you're gonna love it.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OK...baby's got a "whort" (man...can't believe I'm using this one, but can't think of another!), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sean here it is only 0630 and I'v got coffee on my keyboard. You do know how to express yourself!

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote