Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
(by the way, when i got to the dealer lot, they WERE CHANGING A FLAT TIRE ON MY TRAILER !!!
it had "picked up a screw during transit" !)
oh boy i think to myself, here we go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FatDog,

I share your pain.... and I'm not kidding this time honest

We had left the dealer lot and our first stop
was at Kettleman where Lady Di always gets a
In N Out burger

Son of a gun, there we discovered that we had
one of the WW's special screws they use embedded
into the the left front tire of the rig.

Dang, I wish I'd caught that at the dealer.

What a coinkidink, you and me... unless it could be an
illegal alien at the factory sabotaging all
the finished rigs. Sorry about my political
incorrectness

You must be a happy camper. I still go out
about every couple of hours and just sit in
ours...... and think how fortunate Lady Di
and I are to be doing what we're doin

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #16

Hmmm....well I would think that the SLCs would come after the LEs and before the FSCs, but what do I know?

I'm workin' on an RV pad so I have a place to park the TH when it arrives. I've fallen 6 trees, need to have the stumps ground up, have ta move some shrubs, relocate the irrigation and have some crushed rock delivered. So I'm not ready anyway, but still can't wait.

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #17

Wow HD:

Now that's a dedicated TH owner (take note, FD- you still need to build that bunker for yours!).

I've still got to sell my old one, so I know what you mean...still can't wait.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Sean you are correct. i swear one of these weeks i'm going to look into that. Do you keep yours at your place?

high desert, its funny but i everytime i heard about somebody getting their trailer in the past couple months i started thinking as well that now WW can get going on mine.
making a pad is an A-1 idea. can you tie into the sewer line? (where there is a toyhaulers will, there is a toyhaulers way) are you going to run a 20 or 30 amp line over to it?
that crushed rock base sounds good.
you must have some nice landscaping if you are relocating bushes (and irrigation)

i may have to rethink my whole strategy on this as well. i'm on a steep acre, and am tapped out of flat space with a handful of bikes and a truck. then next time i do anything i am going to have to look up 'Giant Retaining Wall' in the Yellow Pages.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #19

Mike:

Done both, and will never go back to storing it...besides, I built it's own Taj Mahal complete with electric and water (sewer access is in the driveway- God Bless whoever built the house!). Moski also wants to find a decent cover for the new TH area when we get it.

Just think, instead of having all those people honkin their horns for you to get it out of the street or having to send it off to a kennel, you could be sitting in it right now, drooling all over it (leaving precious DNA- sort of like what a dog does to a hydrant!) just like 56!

Besides...we need more frequent updates on your discoveries!

HD: got to do it all the way, buddy! If you have all the comforts of home, then you can consider it an addition to the house, then you can make the in-laws stay in it!

Just no end to the information you can learn on this site!

Sean
Old 05-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #20

Our builder went overboard on the landscaping. I've had to remove more trees on our 1 3/4 acre lot then I care to think about.

Yeah I'm definitely going all the way. The septic tank and electrical service panel are next to the soon to be pad, so full hookups with a 50 amp service are in the plans.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:29 PM   #21

Very good HD...you're even putting in it's own 'pond', eh? Now that's love! Be sure to post pics when you're done if you don't mind!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:35 PM   #22

Sean,
can we go camp at high desert's new RV place?
you know the old rule Sean, where all of us always cruise over to the new guys pad and we all camp on his driveway for a few days.

now i have to admit, digging that huge pit in the very middle of '56 front lawn and BBQ'ing a hog was a little excessive.
How were we to know it was a darn family pet???
you know, i think people should have to keep leashes on their pets.
desert, you have any pets that are off limits?
Old 05-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #23

You know Mike, now that you mention it, I think he outta build a bunch of sites just for that reason! Then we can leave his driveway for our TVs...

HD: If you could, try to get 'em like in a circle- we'll be more comfy in that config... And don't forget the lantern posts and site number poles so Sandy has a chance at getting back to her coach after hanging out at the campfire...

I didn't know 56 HAD a hog much less a YARD! Since when do SC residents have lawns?

I just love it when a plan comes together!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #24

Company's always welcome here, but the driveway will have to do as I just can't figger out how to squeeze in those other sites.

Ya know, our neighborhood has a pig that just wanders here and there lookin' like he hasn't got a home. Haven't seen him since last fall, but maybe a few well placed traps might do the trick.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #25

As long as the hog doesn't have plates we'll work on gettin' 'im.

Sounds like you've got a vistor policy like we do- THE MORE THE MERRIER! We have had Superbowl, Daytona parties here where there've been 4-5 coaches in the cul-de-sac...as long as we invite the neighbors, we're "in like Flynn".

But I really do think you're holdin out on us...I tell you what- just build 3 spots and let us fight over 'em, OK?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #26

Fatdog,

What a beautiful rig!!! I spent 1/2 hour looking thru the WW website at the new models. WW has made some major improvements and they look sharp. I like the Billet interior, heck I think it all looks good. You'll love the big windows and rockers. My Nomad had the same set up, when I got it, it was a show trailer and had alot of features that were not available on the regular trailers coming off the line.

And the slide really opens up the trailer. But if you REALLY want room, with both of my slides open the Alfa is 14' across inside!!! Now thats room!!!

Enjoy the trailer, I still enjoy the new trailer feeling even after 5 months. Look at So. Carlsbad in Oct. (20-23) It would be great to finally get together camping.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:01 PM   #27

thanks Clark,

and I'll give you a holler as the months go on, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing you at Carlsbad. I saw your trailer there last time, loved that Nomad of yours, unfortunately just missed you that day.

and 14' across on the inside. I cannot wait to see that. (you could put a little pool table in that). I'm sure you are enjoying it !

Mike
Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #28

Clark:

There are mobile homes that aren't that wide!! Wow...14ft...just a tad more room than you need to 'roll in the hay', ey?

Mike- 'got weight(s)' yet?