Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #1

Well Gang here's where were at. Called giant on Monday and they said they will call the factory and call me Tuesday. That didn't happen. Called Wednesday and they said the guy you talked to Monday is on a business trip and they would call the factory and call me Thursday. (Can you see where this is going?) No call Thursday so Friday I called WW and they said TH had been delivered Monday to Corona for PDI. Got home Friday and called Giant. Guy I needed to talk to was out on the lot. OK have him call me... an hour goes buy I call again... He just stepped out...To heck with that I jump in the truck and go down there and there he is in his office. Long story short he claims the TH was delivered to Corona PDI yesterday. Of course I know better because I called WW. Bottom line is it won't be delivered til Wednesday.

Now I figured Giant was shady right from the get go and was willing to deal with it for the best price. I planed on dealing directly with WW on all warranty anyway but this just confirms it for me. ONCE THE SALE IS MADE YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM. THEY DON'T RETURN YOUR CALLS OR EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAME.

So one last weekend of waiting.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #2

Well Gang here's where were at. Called giant on Monday and they said they will call the factory and call me Tuesday. That didn't happen. Called Wednesday and they said the guy you talked to Monday is on a business trip and they would call the factory and call me Thursday. (Can you see where this is going?) No call Thursday so Friday I called WW and they said TH had been delivered Monday to Corona for PDI. Got home Friday and called Giant. Guy I needed to talk to was out on the lot. OK have him call me... an hour goes buy I call again... He just stepped out...To heck with that I jump in the truck and go down there and there he is in his office. Long story short he claims the TH was delivered to Corona PDI yesterday. Of course I know better because I called WW. Bottom line is it won't be delivered til Wednesday.

Now I figured Giant was shady right from the get go and was willing to deal with it for the best price. I planed on dealing directly with WW on all warranty anyway but this just confirms it for me. ONCE THE SALE IS MADE YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM. THEY DON'T RETURN YOUR CALLS OR EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAME.

So one last weekend of waiting.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #3

Don:

Boy...that's classic run-a-round, but I have to admit- my guy over in Colton was just about as pleasant to deal with as any- and we still talk about twice a week over all kinds of stuff- in fact, I convinced him to go with a F350 and he got it last Friday. Good Jeeper, too.

I hope the best for ya...someone outta know where that darn thing is! I'd hightail it back there tomorrow and demand to get a confirm on it's location!

Geeez....I feel for your waiting game...
Sean
Old 07-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #4

Griz, your a better man than me. If I paid that much for something and it came in, I'd be picking it up in a day or two. I'm with sean, I'd be standing on someones chest at opening time tomorrow am. I would have visions of 300 people checking it out all weekend. If you need some muscle, well I'm getting older better take a stick with me, let me know. BB
Old 07-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
BB I always carry a pool cue in the Burb and I'm gettin old and cantankerous too, so count me in. On the good side Griz, it seem you and I will be taking possession the same day. We can have a cyber party. Everyones invited.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #6

Don't get me wrong gang, I have no problem waiting. Heck it's to hot right now anyway. I am under the assumption that all WW's go to Corona for PDI from the factory before they are turned over to the Dealer to do there PDI, so I doubt millions of people are in and out of it. The third PDI is done with the customer. Is this right? The thing that gets me is the lack of customer Attention I have received sense the sale. Before the sale they called me every night trying to make the deal. After the sale it seems you are old news and they act to busy to take a true concern to follow up and treat you like a valued participant in their company. I have to drag the information out of them and they never return my calls when they say they will. I glad I'm only a mile away so its easy to just show up and make them give me service after the sale.

I still have to change the pin box and the delivery was going to happen at their service department at Lake Ellsinore for that to happen, until they told me they would have to charge me for it. I said you have got to be kidding!!! I told him if that's the customer service you offer tow it down here and I will take the six bolts out myself change the pin box and be on my merry way. I use to work at an RV Service center and when it came time to deliver a rig to new customers they were treated like gold. And if we had to spend a half hour to fine tune a customers hitch or faulty plug wiring or what ever, it was considered complementary and just taken care of period. These jokers just want your money and for you to leave it seams. I have read about the very things I am posting about Giant but have never believed everything I read. Now I know for my self how they are.

This by all means does not take the fun out of getting the trailer. Like I said before. I have always preformed my own maintenance on all the things I buy. And if I need warranty work done I am 20 min away from WW's plant.

Its time for a cold one.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Griz, I have not dealt with Giant other than a phone call(first & last) but the rig I'm buying was bought from them. It was purchased and then delivered to the Bay Area. There were 19 repair items needing to be fixed. So much for those dealer PDI's. And it appears that they are not concerned at all about after sale follow up. I called Giant about a question on the rig I'm buying and not only was I blown off, I was blown off rudely. I hung up. Sorry guys, but I had rather deal with a private owner than a dealer anytime. If I sold real estate the way these guys sell rv's my license would have been pulled. Just my HO.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i hear you Griz. I don't mind waiting a little longer if they are busy or understaffed or whatever, but DO NOT like getting the nonsense answers.! The shady run around.
It sounds like you ae keepig your cool so my gut feeling tells me you acted the same way with them on the phone. Not good to horse around with a good and calm customer.
Sam thing happened with TwinCam.

Oh well buddy, we remain interested in hearing, hang tight, the thrill is going to be great.!! One of these days we are going to have LE row at the next camp!!!!!!!!!
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
alright, about this particular dealer ....
... i hear a lot of stuff about these guys.
A lot of the comments seem to parallel your thoughts. Not all but a lot.

I gotta think though, why do so many people go there????

People shop price!!! Thats what they get.
There also is a real knowledgeable rep there one more reason. Thats another reason people go there. Call him up if he was your rep.

I'll say something here that i don't say a lot. I paid a wee bit more then that dealer would have sold mine to me for. OUCH!! Hundreds of dollars, and they are reasonably close to me. That hurts.
I interviewed my dealer and his service and the owner. I figure if we meet in an alley, they'll be standing WITH me, not AGAINST me.
Some people just shop the price, and will lose out on a little bit of the love.

BUT,... BUT,. the manufacturer WILL stand behind his product. It most always is made good. Sometimes you just have to pay for a little love.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:54 PM   #10

Amen FatDog. You get what you pay for! or don't pay for!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
Sometimes you just have to pay for a little love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nicely put there buddy...that just about sums it up right in the 'ol nutshell. Ok...I'll blurt...compared to some of the discounts I've heard about the i-net, I probably paid too much also, but what I gained in a friend is priceless...I probably will never take my coach there for service because the factory is just as close, but I'll always be able to call him up for additional advise with the 'wassup' with the issues.

One of the most favorite sayings I've seen is: "We have no problem with our competitors charging less money than us. After all, they know what their service is worth". Maybe Giant falls in this category, but I still think they do it one sale at a time.

Sean
Old 07-22-2005, 11:57 PM   #12

Griz,
Real sorry to hear about your situation. For the record, there is a certain someone who I got in tight with at WW in the service department who was actually compiling a stack of complaint letters about Giant and reviewing them directly with Mark at WW. Apparently he feels that when they get enough letters they were going to seriously shop to find dealers other than Giant, but they he needed more proof to give to Mark so he would take him seriously. Maybe a well thoughtout letter to him addressing your problems might be right up his alley. PM me and let me know if you want his e-mail. He kind of feels like Giant has gotten too big for there britches, and thinks some friendly competition would take them down a peg.
They have a strange mentality at Giant. We were talking to a sales mans before we pulled the trigger on ours, and said we were shopping them and had gotten a couple other prices. He flat out told me that we would get the best price from him because they were the only ones who sold WW. I wonder if they don't know about thier competion, and maybe get a little pompus(sp) when they deal with customers because they are the biggest. I guess we could go on and on about this. They are the biggest, kind of think they are getting a big head, or have had one for a while. Keep us posted

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:55 AM   #13

Griz-
I am sorry about Giant not meeting your expected delivery date. We feel your pain. The stuff you write about is exactly why we drove 2 hours out of our way to buy from TravelOn (Giant Irvine is 10 minutes from us). We had some terrible luck when trying to work with them on our last WW AND when trying to work with them on our new LE3505. I know some people have great luck with them and really like them...as far as Sean goes, I think that guy has a buddy in everyone he comes in contact with .

We're bummed because we were hoping to be here for the delivery (you know, to hear the delivery details and see the baby pics), but now that you're overdue we will be out of town. .

Sorry for your extended wait,
Deb

PS
Not to rub salt on your wound, but when you mention that you were willing to deal with them for the best price, did you get quotes from anybody else? I'm just curious if the "best price" thing is legit or if Giant just has everybody fooled.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #14

Rob Deb thanks for your concern. I knew what Giants mentality was from day one. I get a kick out of it actually. Maybe I ought to throw this out their... I have been A Marine for 23 years. I have had to move every 3-6 years. I am use to shopping for price because after I am transferred that's all I have left of a good deal.

I went to TravelON, Beaudrys and a couple more. I even had a deal going in Oregon. Giant had the best price. Did I know the customer service was bad? Yep! sure did. Do I care? Nope! Only because WW is right up the street. Do I think giant is too big for there britches. Sure do. Do I think it hurts the reputation of WW. No, because most people who buy Touhaulers already are outgoing fun loving motor heads who will do most of the maintainence on their own rigs anyway and if they really have a gross malfunction with a unit they are headed straight to the factory. As far as advice about things to look out for, cleaners to use, places to camp, mods that work etc, that's what we all have here on IRV2. That's what's priceless to me and we don't have to pay extra for all the good people here. I'm not upset at all. My original delivery date was 31 July and moved to the 23rd at about the 1/2 way point of Manufacturing. My salesman quit to go to work at the Service center 2 weeks after purchase and I have not had a call from him sense. There is one guy there that I like and it does seem to me he struggles to treat people right but is caught in-between the power struggle of the "Giant" evil empire.

Enough of me and Giant. You guys don't worry about me. I am fine. The pictures of the rig will be waiting here for you when you return from your trip. I hope you have a wonderful time and can't wait to here all about it. Rob almost forgot to mention Kudos on the new career.

Don

06 LE 3505