Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #1

Leak or overflow?

Hi all, thanks in advance for help.

I just found water on my bathroom floor. No water had been run in the bathroom, however, I had just drained my front gray tank. It was overfull, standing water in the sink in the kitchen.

Ideas? Suggestions?
BikerRN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2018, 04:36 PM   #2

Oh yeah, appears to be coming from under the tub.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
Community Moderator

water leak

Hate to think it but it could be your shower/tub drain is loose and the water backed up from the gray tank. If your unit is like our the shower/tub & kitchen are drained into 1 tank along with bathroom sink. Need to check as soon as you can because water can and will cause horrible damage (experience on this)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #4

Agree with loose coupling under the shower. Probably not enough to make a difference in normal use, but enough when backed up like that. You need to look at the couplings (should do all of them), and tighten the loose ones up. Also inspect the area around the one under the shower. It could have been loose enough to leak under normal use, and you could have water damage under the shower.
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #5

If you had standing water in the kitchen sink then the tub was probably full too? You can't have water in the sink without having it at the same level in other connected fixtures.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
If you had standing water in the kitchen sink then the tub was probably full too? You can't have water in the sink without having it at the same level in other connected fixtures.
Yep, this.
The tub/shower SHOULD be the first place that starts to hold water when the grey tank is full, assuming that's the lowest drain in the RV.
If yours hold water at a higher point (kitchen sink) then the lowest point would likely have leak.
This wouldn't necessarily hold true if your RV has more than one grey tank.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:46 AM   #7

I have 2 gray tanks,

Do I access under the trailer or do I have to rip the wall out?.. There is no access door under the tub.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #8
Community Moderator

wall

You should be able to open up the basement wall and have a peek to look at the drain.
Our tub/shower has an access panel on the shower wall under the faucet handles. If not look to see if you can remove some kitchen drawers to see the shower area from there. Since don't know the layout of your unit these are only guesses of how to access the area.

Keep posted on issue and how you handle it, good luck.
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #9

Hello again... Update... So,I opened under the tub, nothing is wet, opened the wall behind the sink, nothing wet.

Have been flushing my black with some regularity, and wonder if it is somehow leaking... If I don't get it tight enough, could it drip inside?

Fast forward to today, getting ready to pull out and friends noticed water dripping as I started to move.

THE WHOLE UNDERLINING WAS BOWED DOWN, hanging with gallons of water!!! Pressed it up against bottom of trailer and worked the water out(my friend did actually... He was a godsend)

Ideas? I think I'm going to have to call in a professional, as this seems like a path to mold! Luckily, it has been cold enough that I hope mold can't grow.

The water that came out was clear, somewhat stagnant smelling, but did not appear to be gray or black.

So... What do you think, could my finger tight only flush connection have dripped inside and down?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #10

Look inside your bathroom sink cabinet for the 'anti-siphon vacuum breaker'.....
Will have one water line going into bottom of device and one line coming out side of device
It is on the Black Tank Flush System to prevent contamination from backflow
Water pressure lifts up a disc that seals off open slots on top and then allows water to flow out the side to the spray nozzle in black tank
Disc fails to seal and water will spray out open slots on top flooding bathroom and going down into underbelly

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:19 PM   #11

Thanks! Will look for this.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #12

Suggestions for the best way to dry the under? Or don't worry about it til it is warmer?
Old 01-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerRN1 View Post
Thanks! Will look for this.
In your original post you didn't mention flushing the black tank. Did you flush the black tank before you found water on the bathroom floor?
Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 AM   #14

Yes, have been flushing often... Flushing away a pile of dried dung from before I owned it. Never want to let that pile come back!

Did not think to mention in original post.

Tags
leak