Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 PM   #15

Fat Dog :I had it custom built at W&M Enterprizes in Lawrenceburg Indiana....Mike and his Dad Carlos make the best trailer out there and for $8K I got the deal of a life time.....to give you some ideas head for http://www.TruckConversion.net I do have some pix somewhere from Toterman but I don't know where they are....I spent about $45k and it has everything I will ever need.......VOlVO610 500 Hp at 12mpg super ten speed tripple axel trailer and all electric....no holding tanks and an electric toilet......Air cond. and a pellet stove for romance and extra heat if I should need it....dog and I sleep warm....GF can sleep where she likes.....geofkaye
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #16

[/QUOTE]If I go to the scale I'll know how far overweigted I am. I prefer the "I didn't know officer" method of weight distribution.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's easier to ask for forgivness than permission.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #17

OK, so girls do talk about weight ... on occasion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I go to the scale I'll know how far overweigted I am. I prefer the "I didn't know officer" method of weight distribution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My DH has this philosophy, but I don't. I figure they put those restrictions on there for a reason - and those engineer-type dudes know a heck of a lot more than I know. If we were overweight by more than a few hundred pounds, I would worry the entire trip.

So ... I did the math (DH hates math) and figured that we'd be better off upgrading the TV to the F350 PSD DWD CC 4x4 Lariat with the Tow Boss package. That way, if and when we decide to upgrade to a bigger hauler (nowhere in the near future), TV won't be an issue.

Needless to say, DH didn't argue, and I enjoy the ride a lot more. And ... it's soooo purdy!

KZ 29P
JAguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok,
I've been to the scales twice...
1st time I was empty...
5'er was 11200 and my hitch was OK.
2nd Time I was loaded...
Full load 20300.(truck and rig) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aviator, Your empty numbers look similar to mine since empty, mine still had all the usual stuff in it plus three batteries and it come in around 11,700. I noticed my pin weight was 200 lbs heavier than when the Jeep is onboard. Fooled me, I figured it would put more on the pin.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #19

I just had my load off center where I would like it. I need to work with it but I can't leave it on the scale when I shift stuff around. I think AL has put to much girl stuff up front...

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OK, so girls do talk about weight ... on occasion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah Ha! Now the truth comes out.

I was going to let you get away with that but now....One thing about it, now you have a tv that can tow most of the trailers out there, except maybe Sean's. I'm dying to see him weigh his. Probably won't tell the truth even if he does!

You know, I don't remember if I said hi when you come on board or not but anyway...HI!

Just for safety's sake.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #21

I'll post my weights as soon as I pick the trailer up.
I can't wait to see how my new truck tows.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Lincster, how's it going? Good to see you back on here. I'll bet you can't wait to get your hands on that new baby. Let us know when you get it weighed, that way Sean can't bull???? his way out cause it ought to be almost the same, Heavy. You gonna come out to Moab with us next year.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #23

Thanks Tom.
I am going to weigh my truck on the way to pick up the trailer, then weigh coming home also.
Another poster on rv.net weighed his LE3705 and had 2460lbs of pin weight and was 9220lbs on the axles. So 11,680lbs with only 15gal of gas in the trailer.
My trailer is 2' longer, but I have some different options that will save some weight. I figure I am going to be the same or a bit more on the axles. Pin weight should be the same.
I have plenty of truck, just hope my trailer sticker has a GVWR of 16,000lbs. Then I will feel better.
My rail weighs 2000lbs, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for other stuff.

I would love to hook up at Moab next year.
Thanks,
Linc

P.S. I don't think Sean wants to know his weight.
Another poster on glamisdunes.com has a SLC3905 and lets just say...... he isn't happy and Warrior has his trailer right now to weigh it themselves.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:45 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Lincster

Yeap, I know what and who you mean. Thats why I really want to know the real word numbers. Hard to believe those numbers but people like you and Sean will make it real. Otherwise, I'd like to trade trailers but, if those numbers are correct, I'll keep mine, thank you. Appreciate the info, and, come on out to Moab next year.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #25

Lincster! Tom!

Ok...I'm picking up our baby on the Friday before Labor Day, and I'm heading straight for the CAT scales...I'll be sure to post some reputable numbers!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #26

Sean, do you have your axles flipped or any lift on your trailer?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #27

Linc:

You know- I thought I was gonna have to do that going to the F350 4x4, but with my hitch at the top level, the rig is absolutely level. I am thinking of putting airbags on it, because the pin weight does make her squat, and I'm sure when I get the Jeep in her she'll be even more, but Tom and I were yacking one night last week, and from what he says, there's a trick at getting it just right so that doesn't happen.

Bottom line...all OK now...just got to get her back from WW on the 2nd, then I'm hauling her up to Apple Valley to help move some of our HDH's (High Desert Hugger friends).

You've ordered yours flipped, right (or did I read where you've backed off that?).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #28

Sean,

I interested in seeing if your WW weights more than the Alfa. I don't think so empty, but loaded with the jeep it should.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv