Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #43

OK Buddy Tom:

Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'll be taking my rig to the CAT scales on Friday to see just how obese she is... I'm not going to take the Jeep this time, though.

Care to make any wagers?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2005, 04:45 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Heavy
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #45

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Tom:

Don't let him fool ya...he'll be fully loaded alright...I bet a dollar to doughnuts his Hops & Barley mix will outweigh a full freshwater tank, PLUS the full grey and black ones!

But that's why we like him!!![IMG]

And JA...got it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hehehe-lolololo
Fords-R-Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #46

I will wager 13,500lbs..... with no fluids.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Linc, you are probably close to correct but I will have to wait until I get back Sunday night to see what the results are. Can't wait!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #48

Now now now...my wife is going to make me haul 150 gals up the hill, and 20 of gas...plus the speakers...I'll prolly be close to Linc's guess...we shall wait and see!! Tomorrow gang!!

Sean
Old 09-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #49

I say 13,501 #'s. Lincster.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:46 AM   #50

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fords-R-Us:
I say 13,501 #'s. Lincster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heyyyyy, this isn't the Price Is Right....
Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 AM   #51

I was thinking maybe Bob Barker might read this and consider me for a future contestant.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #52

OK...OK...OK...you're not going to believe this (I can't believe it), but I somehow lost the darn weight tickets between Eric's and home...I went thru he!! trying to get that darn thing weighed, finally got them, and now I cain't find 'em...rats!

First- the story...go over at lunchtime to the TS @ I10/Milliken, and wanted my diesel and 20g tanks full before I weighed. Waited for 20 minutes for a MH to get going from the outside island, only to find the diesel nozzle with a "Out Of Order" sock on it. 'Screw it...I'll just weigh it'. So after navigating through what seemed a plethora of 18 wheelers to get to the scales in back, there's 8 in line!! 'Screw it- I'll just weigh up in the desert'. After waiting in line for OVER 30 minutes for the outside pumps at the Pilot @ I15 & 395 because these absolute rude towtruck drivers who wanted to yack more than pump, I filled both the aforementioned up. Went to the scales- no one in line, pull up, get my three axles, go inside, explain I want pin, so go unhook to weigh just the truck, go back inside, and the gal wants me to go park first then come back in. FINALLY get my weight tickets (and now I can't find 'em)...but I do remember two numbers...22860 GCWR, and 8400 on the truck. Eric helped me with what might be my pin weight, and we figger'd 4180. So she's just a bustlin' gal- with NO water (I drained before I weighed). Now I do have the 4 6volt batts in the front compartment along with almost full propanes, and my DJ system in the basement, with my speakers in the back of the cargo area.

Got Moski talked into airbags...but we'll certainly have to get the 16's before anything else goes in it. (Phatty...are there any water faucets out @ Rasor? ).

OK...Moski just found them...whew...we've been looking for over an hour! OK...Here's the TH/TV combo...

Here's the F350KR weights...

Am I right on the pin? Other than she's just about as obese as any gal and her dancemate can get, any thoughts?

Sean
Old 10-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #53

Looks right to me Sean. Now you've got me scared to weigh my little LE3505. Just have to remember these things are ment to have weight in the back of them. Mine rode much better after putting the quads and all the other junk in the back then it did coming home from the dealer empty. Gonna have to weigh mine empty and loaded and see what the diff in pin weight is.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #54

Boy...absolutely Donno (hey...btw...enjoyed the heck outta ya this last weekend! Let's do it again- Rasor?!)...maybe it'll be different if the rail is in the back (I'm thinkin' it's prolly about 800-1000lbs).

Maybe ignorance WAS bliss? I've got some 'splainin' to do if the blue & gold ever want to know...
Old 10-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #55

Wow.....that little piggy has got some serious pin weight. When you load your toys, you'll lose some of that.

What is the GVWR of the Tow Boss Ford?

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #56

Yeah I had a great time. Tell Mo high for me. It was good people and fun times. What is the GCVWR of your truck 24? Mine is 22. but that pin weight on two tires.....No way.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv