Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #1

Like to hear from these TH owners

Our plan is to retire soon and ditch my travel trailer, upgrade to a TH, sell the house and everything in it, load the Harleys and hit the road forever. For full-timg we want a very nice trailer.

We have narrowed the choice down to 3 makes and would like to hear specifically from those who own them. They are the Heartland Cyclone 4250, Forest River Vengeance 394V13, and Grand Design Momentum 399TH. We have toured all three and there are things we like and dislike about each of them.

We are leaning toward the Momentum. Before we make a final decision it would be nice to hear from people who already have them. I'd there is another top-of-the-line luxury hauler we should look at please let us know. It's amazing all you get is a pamphlet from manufacturers when you are about to spend $100k. Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
My advise is to post on the brand specific forums and ask for feeback on those models.. Not too much activity on IRv2 in the toy hauler section.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #3

Tesla by evergreen makes a nice TH
Old 03-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #4

I'd be interested in which one you decided on and why. I'm interested in the 4250 and the 399th. These are two of the many that we have narrowed are search down too.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:28 PM   #5

We bought a Fuzion last year and like it but my wife thinks the living area is too small. We looked at the Side Hauler by Evergreen. It provides full living space and the ability to hauler a big bike. Just sayin
Old 05-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #6

Wink Fuzion . . .

We went with the Keystone Fuzion 420 (which we chose over the Cyclone by Heartland) as it had a side patio vs. a 3rd slide which my wife really liked. It is 43' and the garage is 12' which holds my '10 Street Glide and another if needed. The master bedroom has a king bed with a slider for the vanity closet space. Plenty of room for us & we didn't spend anywhere near the $100k you are noting.
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #7

The 420 is one that we are looking at. I would be interested how your shake down goes and the pros and cons after you take delivery. Congratulations and I hope it is everything your hope for!!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #8

We bought a Momentum 399th. We have owned it for a month now and absolutely love it!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #9

I have a Fuzion, but looked at others. Momentum would be my choice. Good luck
Old 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #10

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr3406 View Post
The 420 is one that we are looking at. I would be interested how your shake down goes and the pros and cons after you take delivery. Congratulations and I hope it is everything your hope for!!
We had it since Late September '15 and are very happy. There have been a few warranty issues but all have been handled very well by our Holiday World dealer in Katy, TX. The only shortfall we have is the underneath storage space. There is very little as most TH's expect the garage to be used for major storage. It works well but it is a trade off.

We have used it on 4 long weekends at local state parks and had family come join us with no issues. Very pleased w/ the 420 due to the side patio, rear patio w/ 3 season doors, plenty of space to haul 2 scooters, etc. it is a large rig 😱 so it needs an F350 Dually to haul it, mine has a 4.3 rear end. We've made so mods to it but I don't want to hijack this thread. 😉

lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote