Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #15

Here is one....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #16

And another...

Old 09-28-2005, 08:56 PM   #17

OMG...looks great!! Hummm...looks just like my SLC on THAT side- other than the color! And you got the DP front- you'll really like that!

Just wait until you have to wash it...I just got done before sundown washing 1/2 of mine (well...roof, driver's side, and back) and I'm re-thinking my stance about going to Home Depot and hiring some 'guys' to wash/wax it the next time.

Looks really good- and it's sitting darn purdy...you dun good Amigo!!

Sean
Old 09-28-2005, 09:02 PM   #18

Thanks Sean.

I was standing next to it tonight looking up wondering how I was going to get wayyyyy up there.
Alot taller than my TT.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:03 PM   #19

Of course, you've got to re-itinerate all the goodies inside (and outside) for us...it's been, like, ages since you told us what you ordered.

And we want a very concise debriefing on the tow home...what did you like- what did you dislike! My bet is that you had a on that pull!

Sean
Old 09-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #20

Wow what a Rig Lincster, I left a couple of comments on the photo page and rated them at the highest. It said on my post I was Annonymous, but it was me. Way to go, and I am proud for you.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #21

WWFan and myself have been up awhile waiting on these pictures, glad to see you got them on right before I call it a night. I guess I can sleep good now and dream about it.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:18 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lincster:
Thanks Sean.

I was standing next to it tonight looking up wondering how I was going to get wayyyyy up there.
Alot taller than my TT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wait until you gotta climb that ladder that seems like it's gonna pull out and leave you on the concrete flat on your back (actually it's pretty darn stable considering!)...had to do that, and it's not one of those things I relish doing again. And yes...ALOT taller than my old '95, but built alot better!

Oh...and I discovered that my RV washbrush doesn't extend enough, either...too much work to get up high. Can you say 'ladder'?! I've been thinking about buying a self-propelled sizzor lift just to wash it, but then again, the labor rate will have to surpass diesel prices porportionally to substantiate it!!

Hey...we'll meet one of these days soon? Mikey's a Gordon's/Buttercup fan also...we'll [Klink!].

Good for you!

Sean
Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #23

I guess you could go to your nearest Blue Beacon truck wash, and supervise them to wash it, but of course I know its not cheap. But I almost think it would be worth it to me.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:29 PM   #24

Good night everybody.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:12 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good looking trailer there Linc. Your weight and mine are almost the same. Guess those slideouts really add the weight. My Pin is more but thats with 3 batteries and all the camping gear in it, probably why. Enjoy!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #26

Thanks Tom,
Yeah, I just wanted to post an "as built" weight so people could see what they would be getting into.
I am putting in 2 golf cart batteries this weekend and loading my stuff up.
I will post weights again after Halloween when I have the trailer loaded for bear.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:19 AM   #27

Lincsters options:

Vinyl floor
Bay windows/rockers
Diamond plate front
2X4 spacer with triple step
Red graphics
4' added onto the length
40 gallon fuel station
Genny with 20 gallon fuel tank
Higher clearance rear bed
Outside speakers/amp
AM/FM CD player
Drive on wheel wells
RVQ

I am putting my 16" wheels/tires and adding golf cart batteries.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 AM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Of course, you've got to re-itinerate all the goodies inside (and outside) for us...it's been, like, ages since you told us what you ordered.

And we want a very concise debriefing on the tow home...what did you like- what did you dislike! My bet is that you had a on that pull!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, for the towing part.
I loved the take off umphhhhh. You can tell those gears help.
I loved that I could maintain 72 up small hills and not have the tranny shift and the rpms scream.
I loved that big rigs do not push me around anymore.
I love Tow/Haul. Tap on the breaks and it shifts down right away and helps slow me down.

What I didn't like:
I have a wicked shake from take off, need to have Ford shim out my carrier bearing for the driveline.
When it shifts, it hits hard. Is that the gears causing that or the pin weight? I didn't have a hard shift in my 04.
Not realizing how long it is and how much wider you have to swing a 5er.... (already curbed the tires, good thing I am taking them off...

I will report back more as I use it more.
Thanks,
Linc