Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #29

Connor2002, Yes you can or you can put one more fuel barb in the extra pick up on the 40 and tee into the Gen fuel line and then the Gen would drink from both tanks at the same time. Many options you can do. I just pump from the 40 into a 5 Gal jug and pour it into the Gen if I need to.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #30

HB I don't know if I would have done that. Anything touching that wall tied down or not is going to rub the finish while going down the road. Just my thoughts

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 09-14-2005, 05:28 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Yes Griz thats true,but I have some carpet leftover from a remodel I'm going to put behind the tables or whatever I secure there.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #32

Good to go HB

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 09-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #33

Hey lookie their my 500 post

06 LE 3505
Old 09-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Hey Griz, just noticed your new avatar. Hooah!! Looks Great.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #35

Thanks HB OOH-RAW

06 LE 3505
Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Connor2002, Yes you can or you can put one more fuel bard in the extra pick up on the 40 and tee into the Gen fuel line and then the Gen would drink from both tanks at the same time. Many options you can do. I just pump from the 40 into a 5 Gal jug and pour it into the Gen if I need to.

Griz
???? Sorry for the beer reference. I thought this forum was for fun people. Let me ask again and be a little more clear.

I think my generator use will exceed my fuel station use. I would like the ability to transfer gas between the two tanks or from the 40 to the 20. Please explain what you meant with
fuel bard.

Steve
Old 09-15-2005, 06:40 AM   #37

My spelling sucks sometimes Should have read Fuel Barbs

06 LE 3505
Old 09-15-2005, 06:58 AM   #38

Lets make this simple. 2 tanks, 2 fuel output fitings on both. Right now one fitting on each tank is pluged. One on the 40 goes to the pump station. One on the 20 goes to the Generator. If you pull the plug out of the 20 Gal tank and put a barb fitting on you can run the hose to the 3way switch and now pump fuel from the 20 Gal tank or with moving the 3way valve to the 40 Gal posisition you will pump from the 40 gal tank. The only way you are going to get gas from the 40 to the 20 is to pump it out into a 5 gal can and refill the 20. If you have no toys you want to fill and just want 60 Gal of fuel for the gen then put the extra barb in the 20 Gal tank and cut the line in the 40 and install a Tee. Now the gen will draw fuel from both tanks at the same time.

You could hook up the 3way valve as decribed and be able to pump from the 20 out of the fuel station. Than use the extra pluged output from the 40 to a 2way valve teed into the gen fuel line and the end result would be

1. 40 Gal Pump station
2. 20 Gal pump station
3. Gen feeds off 20 Gal with 2way closed
4. Gen feeds off 20+40 when 2way is open

Hope this helps. Have you crawled under and looked at your tanks and fuel station? Once You do it should become clear all the options that you could do with a couple of valves and barb fittings

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 09-15-2005, 07:30 AM   #39

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
and Steve, you're right ... not only is this area full of only nice people, but you and I just got some learnin' from one of the best. good stuff Don (Griz)!

i've been buying a number of those fittings lately from my local plumbing supply store. I am making a transfer board that i can hang on my air compressor at home that will allow me to toggle between
- just air
- air filtered for water
- air filtered for water, with lube oil sprayed in
- air conditioner

so that i can have: 1) just regular air to clean parts or garage floor, 2)air w/no water to spray paint, 3)air with lube for tools, and some valves so i can quickly route the air thru the whole panel of different filters.
I haven't gotten any work done on my bikes in a couple weeks, but my compressor panel looks like a NASA contraption ... and ... i've been drinking a handful of beers idmiring it.
(..the necessary beer reference as previously mentioned...)

sorry Griz and Steve for the interuption, i just couldn't resist it when i saw that cool pic of the brass fuel barbs
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:36 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FatDog:
and Steve, you're right ... not only is this area full of only nice people, but you and I just got some learnin' from one of the best. good stuff Don (Griz)!

i've been buying a number of those fittings lately from my local plumbing supply store. I am making a transfer board that i can hang on my air compressor at home that will allow me to toggle between
- just air
- air filtered for water
- air filtered for water, with lube oil sprayed in
- air conditioner

so that i can have: 1) just regular air to clean parts or garage floor, 2)air w/no water to spray paint, 3)air with lube for tools, and some valves so i can quickly route the air thru the whole panel of different filters.
I haven't gotten any work done on my bikes in a couple weeks, but my compressor panel looks like a NASA contraption ... and ... i've been drinking a handful of beers idmiring it.
(..the necessary beer reference as previously mentioned...)

sorry Griz and Steve for the interuption, i just couldn't resist it when i saw that cool pic of the brass fuel barbs[/QUOTO

OK maybe I was little emotional sorry guys
i will look under the trailer and check it out, then go thru your posts.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #41

Steve:

No need to apologize!! And if you think we get rattled at a little bubbly comment, c'mon!! TH owners are like pilots- two types: those who drink, and those WHO WILL (right Griz?!).

And don't mind Mikey...obviously he's got some type of brass fettish that we just learned about!!

Hey Griz...a thought on a mod to your mod...what if you were able to come off the output of the fuel pump and have a valve that you could direct flow back to either tank? I've got both the 20gal, and the 40 gal, and...aaaawww...I guess it doesn't matter...if you could feel just off the 40 for everything, that would work (providing it had the fuel and the 20 didn't...oh well).

Sean
Old 09-15-2005, 09:12 PM   #42

I think you could, but I don't know if that small full hose would handle the pressure of the pump comming off the pressure side of it. Also if you wern't paying atention you could fill that 20 gal tank too full and spit gas everywhere out the vent before you shut the pump off. I don't mind filling up a 5Gal can and pouring it in. At least that way I know how much I put in.

Donno

06 LE 3505