Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #99

Went to Glamis for 5 days during the New years and got to try test the new converter and transfer switch along with the Honda 2000. Boy all I can say is it works as advertised. I would run the heat all night and in the morning I would start the little Honda and It would go into non Econo mode. 1 Hour later at the new converter charge rate of 55 amps the Honda would ease off into econo mode giving me a great new audio queue that the brunt of the charging was complete. I would have already made the coffee and by then the women folk were getting up and making breakfast. If the wife needed the Microwave she just starts the Onan and it transfers over while I sit and drink coffee. After breakfast I turn the Honda off and we are good till the evening. This is with the stereo and TV running most of the day. Another hour at night and off to bed we go. I love this setup. Next will be the four 6 volts and I will really feel confident about all my power needs.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #100
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
By golly Griz, I think you are good to go from the sounds of it. Congrats on a plan that works.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #101

That sure took me forever to hook up my Inverter and Transfer Switch. But it is now done! I took some of your ideas Griz and used them to help with my project.

My Electrical compartment is a little smaller. I was not able to fit the panels, charger, and Transfer switch in it. I added a Sub-Panel. Reason is, I did not want the inverter to supply all the circuits that included the Microwave, A/C, ect.

The Transfer switch has 2 supplies or line. The 1st is one circuit from the main panel (used to be receptacles in the trailer). That is the feed from shore power/Generator power. The 2nd supply or line is from the Inverter. The load goes to the Sub-Panel that has two circuits. One for the front receptacle, and one for the rear receptacles that where wired from the manufacturer.

And the inverter has a remote switch so we don't have to walk out in the rain to turn it off late at night. Inverter is in the storage compartment.

And of course I forgot how to post pictures on here. So just go to the link below of my Webshots and click on the trailer album while I try to figure it out. Sorry.

sjseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearman:
Mods I have done to my 5th wheel :
1) Installed thermopane windows (not offerd from factory)
2) Installed 2nd 35000 btu furnace in garage
3) Installed custom aluminum checkerplate cabnets and cloths hooks in garage
4) Installed 2nd window in garage so I can use it as an office on location when I work
5) Remove standard hide a bed and replace with lazy-boy recliners
6) remove standard 27" TV and replace with 37" Plazma TV
7) Install Cruise TV auto aquire satilite TV system
8) Replace 5500 watt Onan Marquies Gold genset with Onan 5500 watt Marquis Platnum fuel injected genset (I had the Platnum in my old trailer)
9) install Heart Interface 3000 watt inverter with 130 amp smart battery charger ( I had an Onan inverter but it was junk)
10) Install 3 100 watt solar pannals with 25 amp charge controller
11) Install 6 Trojan T105 6 volt golf cart battries
12) Install SurFlow 5.5 GPM variable demand water pump
13) Replace factory bed matress with True Form memory foam matress
14) Install 13500 btu air conditioner in bedroom (15000 btu as main AC)
15) Install Olimpic catilitic heater in living area
16) Install Max Air vent covers on all vents
17) install wireless back up camera on rear of trailer (One also on back of truck)
18) Install class 3 hitch and wireing on back of trailer for pulling my Jeep YJ as a towed vehical

There is more, I will just have to think about what else I have done.
Cheers
Bear
Wow! Holy Camel Poop, Batman (err...I mean Bearman! ). Thermopane winders?! Where the heck do you think you live..the North Pole?!

Wow...what a list...I'm not going to even try yet... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">It's a Canadian thing . Actually last winter I used it for work and I was living in it at Mile 172 of the Alaska Highway. I survived in it @ -36 F. I Had both furnaces, the catilitic and the heat strips in both AC's running 24-7, and I had 2 elictric heaters running also.</span>

Quote:
Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Bear, I can just imagine what your rolling stock looks like all hooked up and ready to roll. What's the length with the jeep on behind?
<span class="ev_code_RED">All hooked up I am 82.5 ft long. Yes It is definatly long and I get some odd looks.
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I just saw this. I will have it all hooked up this week and I will get some pics and post them. Right now I am actually doing some work to the race car getting ready for the upcoming drag race season. I had a heart attack about 6 weeks ago and I am calling it cadiac therapy
Cheers
Bear.</span>
2000 Volvo 660 425hp 1550ft/lbs torque, 15 speed. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS (40'10") triple slide 5'er, Trailair pinbox, Onan 5500 Marquis Platnum, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, 2003 Harley Davidson Road King. 3 Polaris Sportsman quads, 94
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #103

Quote:
I had a heart attack about 6 weeks ago and I am calling it cadiac therapy
Dang Bear...we sure hope everything's OK buddy.

Looking good...take care!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #104
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy, I second what Sean said. You take care now.

I'm at 78 ft with my boat on behind the Terry, took a pict of it and will post it when I get time. Race car looks good too, even the right brand.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #105

Can you lower a trailer?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #106

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Agent ... thats a new one. Did you maybe buy a trailer thats been lifted, had its axle flipped?
I thought i had read somewhere here that you have a toyhauler which implies it will be carrying some weight and maybe going offroad. I've seen a lot of guys move their trailer in the other direction.
You can undo an axle flip and bring it back to the factory level if that is the case.
How much distance are you looking for?
What are your truck and trailer specifics?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #107

Yea... I bought a Toyhauler. It won't be going off-road, I hope. I will be loading dragbikes in the cargo area.
I will check to see if the previous owner lifted it. It doesn't look like he did. I want to have it as low as possible for loading and unloading.
I have a 2002 F250 PSD 4x2 SRW

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
If it hasn't been lifted you can raise the front up with the jacks and if that isn't enough you can build another ramp that will sit under the lip of the door which will get another 12" or so and make it a lot straighter into the trailer. Depending on how large your trailer is (nose heavy) you can actually unload and load without it connected to the tow vehicle. I unhook mine to load and unload my 89 corvette so I can raise the front jacks way up, plus use extra ramps to allow for the low Clearance, the trailer doesn't move at all.

There are ways! With a drag bike it should be a little easier.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #109

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Tom, do I remember correctly that you also have a winch inside your 'hauler ?
The drag bike is prolly only a few inches off the ground but weighs 600 pounds(?) so could be pushed in, but that winch sure would be a handy addition with that low center.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #110
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yes I do Mike.

There is also a company that makes a winch system that puts the door up and down that could be used for a motorcycle or something light like that. You'd just have to run it up on the ramp and run the door up until it was level, then in you go. As I remember it was remote controlled too.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #111

My favorite thread needs to be re-stickied!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
opened and ready to post in...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote