Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #1

Looking at getting a new TOY HAULER

We have a 2007 3612 Raptor and are thinking of getting something new looking at the Raptor 412, Tesla 3970 and the Voltage 3905 all the trailers have about the same features and are with in $5000.00 of each other would like someone's first hand experience good or bad with any of these Toy Haulers.
mallory51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search, I'm useless to make any kind of suggestion to you.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Which one does the DW like the best? Pick that one!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #4

what ever you do do not buy a Vengeance
69 hearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallory51 View Post
We have a 2007 3612 Raptor and are thinking of getting something new looking at the Raptor 412, Tesla 3970 and the Voltage 3905 all the trailers have about the same features and are with in $5000.00 of each other would like someone's first hand experience good or bad with any of these Toy Haulers.

I'm looking for a used toy hauler, tell me about your 07, how many slide's, length, floor plan, etc.
04 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 hearse View Post
what ever you do do not buy a Vengeance

Why not a Vengeance?
We're looking to go toy hauler and all advice from experience's is helpful.
04 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Best of luck in your search and decision. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #8

Love my Voltage but don't like the Schwintek slides.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #9

I am looking at all the same models you are and I have read bad reviews on all of them. I have also read good reviews on all them. I am about at my wits end trying to find out who makes the best product. My wife and I decided that we just need which toy hauler floor plan works best for us and go with that. I am not saying that is the right way to go but I have poured over reviews and owners forums and they all seem to have their goods and bads. I have not seen any manufacturer that has all good reviews. The biggest thing that worries me is that I have heard multiple times that Heartland doesn't build a quality product anymore and they just try to push them out the door as fast as possible. I have heard better things about Evergreen (Tesla) than many companies. Again, this is not from personal knowledge. I have read lots of good things about DRV but they just came out with their first toy hauler. There isn't anything out there on them yet. Jayco seems to get better than most reviews also. I am just not excited about their floor plans. Although, the Seismic is pretty nice. Of the three you picked, I can only say that I have researched all and my PERSONAL view is that the Tesla would be a better buy. I hope all the luck to you in your search. I have spent two months looking over every forum, blog, ig and website I can find and there seems to be no guarantee that any RV you buy will be or won't be quality.
jayandlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #10

Stay away from the Keystone Raptor. I purchased a 2015 412TS in August from Camping World and nothing but problems with it from the 1st day. 12v system didn't work and after 4 trips to CW where it was "fixed" each time, finally traced the problem to the on/off switch which is shorted out. Next was the 110v system when we drove thru a rainstorm. Wiring harness was not secured to the frame and was sitting in 6 inches of water in the belly pan because the pan drain was not installed at the factory. GFI tripped and after zip tying the wiring harness to the frame and installing the pan drain it works. Next the wiring harness on the underneath of the slider detached and was almost dragging on the highway. Zip tied it back up and it has held so far. MAJOR ISSUE: While driving down 95 in FL last week the vinyl roof ripped back over the front of the RV about 10 ft. CW said they have never seen this happen. RV is now at CW getting an entire new roof skin. Total miles towed about 900. But, what do you expect for an $80,000.00 plus piece of junk! Buyer beware!
klwray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #11

Thanks for the input. As of now I think we are between the Tesla and Raptor. I really like tbe Voltage but the reviews are turning me away. Any more input would be great.
mallory51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #12

Talking

Trying to keep this thread @ the top since I am in the EXACT same situation. We looked @ the Voltage this weekend @ the Pomona RV show, very nice & nice floorplan options. I am now trying to learn as much as I can since I KNOW NOTHING about this stuff. Come on you TH owners chime in ...... PLEASE
FatboyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatboyM View Post
Trying to keep this thread @ the top since I am in the EXACT same situation. We looked @ the Voltage this weekend @ the Pomona RV show, very nice & nice floorplan options. I am now trying to learn as much as I can since I KNOW NOTHING about this stuff. Come on you TH owners chime in ...... PLEASE
Now I feel a little better, iam not the only idiot j/k Ik nothing too, but my instinct tells me a few things, never buy sight unseen , and make sure the dealer you buy from is readily accessible (if possible) iam also thinking that a used TH could be a potential nightmare but all in all wth do ik....
PLAYER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:19 AM   #14

My theory about RV quality.....It varies for every company on a day to day basis. It reminds me of the auto industry back in the 60's when you didn't want to buy a car that was made on MON or FRI because many of the regular workers didn't come to work. The auto factories would use anybody they could get their hands on to put them in the assembly line. On the RV side, quality control is getting minimal effort. It seems clear that the factory objective is to produce "x" number of units per day at the lowest possible costs and get them out the door regardless of problems.

I call it the Wal-Mart Economy.

The difference between Wal-Mart and RV manufacturers is that you could always return stuff to Wal-Mart if you didn't like it.
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote